Joanna Dark Season3 Bonus Character

Oh, I never said they ruin the game play. It’s just really annoying to pay 40 bucks for a season of characters and then have half of them not be original. Liking guest characters is fine. That’s what SSB is for lol. This is a fighting game, not a party brawler. Do you realize that Microsoft turned down having SFV (thankfully) on the Xbox one because they have KI as an exclusive? And you want IG to waste money on more guest characters a large majority of the community don’t want? Think before you post lmao. Joanna doesn’t even have enough depth to her to even have a creative moves etc, hence why raam is so damn bland as a character.

1 Like

How about we just make a sequel and leave the roster as is… finished.

2 Likes

No that’s lame let’s add Optimus prime and Newman from Seinfeld and a Gundam because guest characters are totally the ■■■■

Echolalia~

Lol whatever. It needs to be repeated because some people don’t understand that more guest characters are a waste of of IG’s limited budget that they could be putting into shadow lords, other game improvements, etc.

I understand your distaste towards guests, but in the grand scheme of things it’s still three guests out of twenty-six originals. Not really as big of a deal as you’re making it out to be and I fairly certain IG knows when it’s enough

I mean I know it’s not a lot in the grand scheme of things but when S3 rolled around was when I personally got neck deep in loving the game and was super stoked to see the new characters, and arbiter and raam just felt so out of place. Seemed like wasted spots on the roster imo. Rash at least made sense because it was a nice nod to rare.

I come in support not because I’m familiar with perfect dark, but as we need another original female vs some huge vomiting creature with scoliosis

She doesnt have to have a boring gunshot special. i like cammys tumbling kick special and maybe a super pistlhitting barrage attack. I’d imagine Adam designing Joanna to use her gun shooting as auto doubles and pistol whipping specials mixed with shadow moves that incorporate gunkat just my opinion. He always seems to pleasntly surprise with moveset aesthetic then again din we have jagos arbiters And eyedols spamming fireball moves whats the Diffrence in yet a nother

Some seem so AFRAID of the idea it’s amazing how many so spend so much energy trying to denounce a group request as if that’s the bottom line.

IMO orchid would look stupid with guns as a Joanna skin it’s redundant

I’d much rather see bonus skins for all characters than a character and see a badass Joanna like character in season 4 ( cause I have never played Perfect Dark but we do need more females)

Orchid’s already in the game.

kappa

3 Likes

If we’re actually looking at this from a budget standpoint rather than a position of a fan, guests are by far the best investment of funds they can make because guests get the attention of people that wouldn’t otherwise be playing KI.

That aside, I enjoy guests. KI has never been a game whose lore should be taken seriously, throwing in guest characters feels perfectly natural.

2 Likes

Indeed, I don’t want KI to be TOO dependent on Guest characters.

This ain’t street fighter either. (a game were all fighters are human) or MKXL (a game that is getting too dependent on guests)

KI’s been doing monster mashes before Darkstalkers even came on to the scene. Not to mention that KI could get too dependent on them.

and besides KI is the only game that pits Dinos against werewolves.

I agree it feel natural to have guest in KI but I believe in expanding the lore.

There is the reality that its impossible for 30+ characters to all be properly relevant in the plot. So personally I don’t think the existence of non-canon characters hurt anything, in fact It’ll make for better story by making it easier to follow.

I’m not against Joanna as a guest but bullets are hell of a lot harder to dodge than giant fireballs becauseause you can see it far better than thin lines racing across the screen. I’ve never played Perfect Dark so I don’t know what her gameplay or her skills are like outside running in the hallway and shooting bad-guys with a pistol.

Perhaps if we got to discussing a bit more about what the devs can take from her games and add to it the idea of Joanna Dark as an MK9 Stryker may be easier for me to put to bed. I just have a naturally bad association with gun using characters in fighting games. Coming off from Stryker and Dante as one such example.

For example when the Arby ended up being a guest I imagined easily he’d be using a sword of some kind because in Halo’s lore the Sanghelli were not just gun wielders they had great combat skills but those who can use a sword were considerd highly skilled warriors among their group. Having been a big Halo fan and fascinated by the lore for awhile it was something I was familiar with and just one reason I would of easily preferd the Arby over Cheif. Even if the cheif is iconic he and other Spartans are just known for shooting buller spitting guns.

Joanna I am not familar with so if there’s anyone here who can maybe give us some details on what she can do. The concept may be easier to deal with. Otherwise I’ll just be crossing my fingers and hoping thew dev do not give her infinite ammo.

That’s what SSB is for lol.

Again, is a guest character coming to KI world. Therefore it’ll still be KI which is the game I want to play.

And you want IG to waste money on more guest characters a large majority of the community don’t want?
You mean what YOU and SOME of the loud people in the community don’t want?

Please, I bet IG have data showing their most used characters. Guests might be part of the most popular ones, you dont know.

Think before you post lmao

I’ll ask you to do the same.
LMAO

Joanna doesn’t even have enough depth to her to even have a creative moves

They are a creative team, it’s their job to come up with plenty of different fighting style.Same if it were an original one.
You just don’t want her in the game that’s all, you don’t have to justify your reason for not wanting guests.

Thank you!

Jeffron27, Joanna to me is a spy, she’s Black Widow (marvel) style close combat + she is a tech user, so she has a bunch of fun gadgets. I believe in her game sneaking was sometimes better aswell, so she isnt one to go for the shootout unless no other option, the game very much based around objectives in their levels instead of just shooting your way to the end. See her as a female James Bond.

1 Like

Hmm well I didn’t watch many James bond films either but I think I get the idea.

In that case what gadgets do you think would work with her Gameplay?

Was omen a bonus character? I thought he was designs to be a gargos teaser because of his intro.

I thought omen was a ‘sorry we are making/ perfecting the marvel that is Hisako’

@CrazyLCD
Look I can understand why their is alot of support for Jo. But I have a few concerns

1: I don’t want KI to be too dependent on guest characters MKXL already has 4 and it’s still going to add more apparently

2: You a and the other JD supports might want to enlighten us about her because some of us are concerned with gun fire being spammed constantly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MS in the ki meetings tell the dev team “Ok so season 3 did really well. So here’s the money for season 4, but 3 of the 8 new fighters need to be guest characters… We cool? Great, now go make us money & keep up the great work!” IG/MS have done a great job with KI. 5 lore characters a season is a good compromise & if we get a season 4 then all 5 of them will be new to the lore. That’s what I’m looking forward to the most!