Joanna Dark Season3 Bonus Character

Hmm well I didn’t watch many James bond films either but I think I get the idea.

In that case what gadgets do you think would work with her Gameplay?

Was omen a bonus character? I thought he was designs to be a gargos teaser because of his intro.

I thought omen was a ‘sorry we are making/ perfecting the marvel that is Hisako’

@CrazyLCD
Look I can understand why their is alot of support for Jo. But I have a few concerns

1: I don’t want KI to be too dependent on guest characters MKXL already has 4 and it’s still going to add more apparently

2: You a and the other JD supports might want to enlighten us about her because some of us are concerned with gun fire being spammed constantly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MS in the ki meetings tell the dev team “Ok so season 3 did really well. So here’s the money for season 4, but 3 of the 8 new fighters need to be guest characters… We cool? Great, now go make us money & keep up the great work!” IG/MS have done a great job with KI. 5 lore characters a season is a good compromise & if we get a season 4 then all 5 of them will be new to the lore. That’s what I’m looking forward to the most!

I’ve seen this concern from a lot of people and honestly IG has done a great job at keeping projectile spam to a minimum while also giving numerous options to characters to deal with projectiles in this game. I imagine Joanna being a half and half character with some close quarters pressure and a little zoning with her guns. If she makes it in only time will tell.

That’s not fact. Please don’t pass it off as such until otherwise stated.

That’s what I heard, I don’t even know if its true or not. Never the less I don’t want Ki to be going down that road.

1 Like

She doesn’t look dark enough meaning she doesn’t look interesting Sorry my opinion

Good Photoshop work though

Too much overlap with Orchid and I have never seen a good implementation of guns in a fighting game, especially with 3D models. If they want to add her I hope it’s as a skin for Orchid.

1 Like

What I dont like about skins in these ways, is that we are not really getting the character, Mira has a nice looking jack of blades skin, but never do I have the feeling of playing as jack of blades.

Also, seeing Joanna Dark using a firecat would just look weird, not to mention becoming a firecat dp…

1 Like

It would definitely be irritating. Alot of the characters have projectiles that are spammed from til kingdom come
Fulgore has eye lasers
Riptors mortars
Jago and shago with their fireballs
Gargos with his telepunch
Arbitors carbine and plasma gernades
Eyedolls magic shots
Mayas dagger throw

The redeeming factor here is that while all this guys have projectiles, they can do other stuff too, and are formidable hand to hand foes. But what does Joanna Dark have to offer? She’s not a hand to hand fighter she’s a marksman, sniper at best. She offers nothing more then an impressive weapon and that’s it. She does not belong in KI. Just because MS owns the rights to something is not a blank check to cram every IP they own into KI.

While we are on the subject of guest spots that just don’t fit, why don’t we invite banjo kazoie, maybe magicarp could stand a chance again saberwulf or Riptor lol

Actually Omen was made as a “thank you” to the people who supported IG in season2. Though as you can tell by the reaction some folks kinda spat in their face a bit. lol

@GeneralScrebor

It’s not just a question of spamming it’s a question of if you can see the projectile and react to it. Except maybe the arby who’s ammo is limited you can actually see and react to everyone else. Bullet in the sicne of Joanna you’ll likely not be able to.

I’m not saying she should not be in the game, but I feel you guys need to consider this;

This is baically what I am worried about Joanna players doing ^

Imagine something like that happening to Aganos, or Glacius, or just anyone who has no means to teleport.

I’m sure you guys don’t uher being despised for being what is basically Stryker in MK9. Especially since she’s already getting heat for even being considered as a guest for KI.

However if her ammo is limited and she has other stuff she can use as well I think Joanna may be fine as a guest.
Just one reason I loathe Stryker. He is a good example on how bad gun using characters can be in games. Someone told me to imagine her as a female James Bond which leads me to assume from what I have seen in those moves that she will have special gadgets that can help at odds with othr characters. Being an agent shouldn’t she be trained in the art of close combat to? You’d figured there would be a situation where her guns won’t help her.

Basically I want some actual thought put into Joanna’s gunplay no brain dead spamming, hard to dodge, invisible projectiles for Joanna please.

Excellent point. Strykers performance is exactly what I hate about spammers. I particularly dont like Shago for exactly that reason. Everytime I fight him, he just hangs out on the other side of the screen and spans fireballs. Oh to be scorpion at that moment “Get over here”

I was under the impression that Omen was a “stopgap” character meant to delay season 2 by a month so they would have time to finish up the other “real” characters. That’s why Omen is somewhat half-hearted, lacking unique animations and doesn’t have a full suite of colors, achievements, accessories or a retro outfit.

1 Like

Exactly. That’s what I was saying. Recycled animations & maskCity.

1 Like

I’m almost positive that’s what they said, they didn’t want to delay and have a month with nothing so they whipped up Omen to satisfy us real quick. Also when asking about Shago’s moveset they said that what they had planned for Shago is what went into Omen, so his moveset was at least partially worked out as well making it easier to put him together. (Also Shago could have played like Omen, now that would have been nuts)

Plus its pretty obvious that Omens VFX were a sort of test for the final character on season 2, Cinder. Omen was basically an amalgamation of a ton of different ideas thrown together into one package to give them time to work on the AAA quality cast members. I don’t think Omen was a love letter to the fans, he was just a bonus so we didn’t try to knock down the doors with torches and pitchforks.

Bonus: They even said at one point in season 2 that they didn’t expect Omen to play as large a part in the story as he did, really he was an afterthought.

1 Like

Uh,…no, she’s a hand to hand fighter aswell, as I said in an earlier post, think of marvel’s Black Widow. Or even Orchid…She’s like a female James Bond, who is usually getting into more hand to hand fights than shoot outs…

Also in the game (its very objective heavy) so a lot of the time its about sneaking and avoiding fights and using gadgets.

She’s from a fps, so its no surprise thats all people think she can do (shoot a gun that is) but thats mostly just an easy (and understandable) assumptions people make, but it is wrong

1 Like

Aria was the final character, not cinder. He was second to last.

Yeah, you’re right. I was remembering from the lineup in the trailer and I forgot the big ARIA silhouette at the end. Close enough though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still my point stands.