Is this official? (Season 4)

Characters, stages, ultimates, a shadow lords expansion, and polish. :sunglasses:

ā€¦Oh yes, and Scorpio support!

1 Like

keits is great.

5 Likes

Huh? New stages doesnt matter?

As for IG, just letā€™em solve the bugs and glitches. More characters for what? See how they are running out of ideas with the remixes.

ā€¦have you played Kilgore? Cmon now.

2 Likes

Doing some very short animations and some are kind of rough (jagos) is alot less demanding on resources than creating a full fledged stage. It takes a good month of work to get made and look niceā€¦They have to be concepted, layed out, modeled, textured, shading and lightingā€¦ etc. The ultimate code was essentially already there with shadow jagos being in the game. I still have hope for some new stages tho.

2 Likes

Iā€™d imagine the ultimates is similar to Omen, something to hold our attention while they work on something else.

I wonder what rukizzle has to say about this

1. A Skeleton pack (Skeletal accessories for all characters including Omen and Shago)

2. Command Training for Dojo Mode (great for players who are just getting into a new character)

3. A Time Attack Mode (who can finish Arcade mode the fastest?)

4. Unique accessories for Omen and Shago

5. Retro Omen and Shago (Kind of pushing for too much butā€¦)

6. The Entire Killer Instinct 2 Soundtrack available in dojo mode only (Just to ensure that KI2013 feels complete)

7. More Retro Accessories for all characters

8. Gargos gets two ultimates (the second ultimate for free, cause I want to see the rage)

1 Like

So I been thinking a lot about this all day and honestly season 4 should be the finale season that polishes the game off and really makes it feel finished. Hereā€™s my thoughts:
Season 4 ultimate: $39.99

Ultimate bonus: ultimates for all remaining characters.

Accessories: one new set of accessories for everyoneā€™s normal costume and retro. Shago and omen will have more to even then out.

Stages: all the remaining cast except guests get stages. Guests get reworks of current stages. Ram gets a locust sadira stage, rash gets Gargos stage but looks more like his speeder bike stage.

Rework: clipping issues and retros touched up to look sharper.

Characters: ( for the sake of things Iā€™m assuming the next two characters not in the season are eagle and Joanna dark. )
Season 4 shadow lords pack:
30. wendingo
31. Katana wielder
32. Tsar
33. Kelvin - adds glacious quest line
34. BONUS - mullaska (no retro)

Dojo: training exactly like jago for every character
Practice mode: for online no timer or health loss

Arcade mode: a bracket style arcade mode. Has basic arcade ladder you can play which has 4 choices ki1, ki2, ki 3 which can you can choose current or retro. Then theirs a customize option to have as many features. Size of bracket, which character, a sub boss or boss (yes/no).

1 Like

Whyā€™s everyone hate guest characters so much? I thought Arbiter was awesome and an awesome design, Iā€™d LOVE to see Master Chief.

How about a horror style Banjo & Kazooie as a single character design?

ā€¦the Megazord?

3 Likes

understandbly: they take up space that would otherwise be filled for a completely new and fresh character to exist in the lore. Having some is one thing but guests only exist to bring in other fans from outside the gameā€™s fanbase. Understandble they can have good impacts having three guests already, I can understand why people are not fond of yet more guests, but it may happen soon enough.

Most people wanna keep the game well, the game and not be worried about it being Super Smash Brothers.

I use to not like the idea of more guests because it only meant that some folks who do play the game may only do it for that and not take any interest if any at any of the native cast. I think itā€™s a similar reason why SC4 is only remembered fondly cause STAW WAS(Star Wars) characters were in it. So the idea of being ā€œthat game with Master Cheif in itā€ doesnā€™t sound too appealing either.

Granted all of this is mere assumption. Personally Iā€™m fine with only one more guest, but no double dipping, Cheif is cool but Arbiter already has the Halo spot. I did ask some folks on the forums and they had reassaured me, that freinds who liked the games those guests came from, ended up maining or pocketing some of the native KI cast.

Personally I do hope we donā€™t get any more guests after the one last one (assuming weā€™re even getting one more) because I donā€™t want KI to exist soley to satisfy fan fantasies outside of just KI. We have three already,

Thatā€™s hilarious since you have Kilgore as an icon.

Well, regardless of how much the question asked does or doesnā€™t pertain to the actual possibility of a 4th season, thereā€™s nothing wrong with throwing some opinion info at the devs, so hereā€™s mine:

-Six new characters:

Wise old Sage / Ichorien Boss
Lovecraftian
MMA / Judo ground combo grappler
Gorgon
Witch / Puppeteer
Female Ultratech Executive / Spy

Season 4 Story:

A full 32 character esports elimination style KI tournament with full built in story (with cut scenes and writing-only scenes) thatā€™s built in to Shadow Lords. You donā€™t play every match, and the story directly effects which matches you play, whether a match is interrupted, whether side matches unrelated to the tourney happen, etc all leading up to a final showdown and an end to the main plot line along with all feuds and subplots canonically settled.

Rewards for beating this story mode in SL: This tourney setup becomes a playable and customizeable (ie choose characters and tourney size) mode for both single player and online multiplayer.

Also, post transformation Cinder, who gets changed back to Ben Farris in the story by Aria (when she replaces him with an obedient Cinder clone), becomes playable.

However, all season 4 characters will have dossiers and unique mission trees for Shadow Lords to further flesh out their backgrounds.

Graphical projects:

-Upgrading all S1-S3 character faces and hair
-Fix clothing clipping issues
-Upgrade season one retros

Other Additions / Changes:

-Stages for Mira and Eyedol
-Recolored Fulgore stage for Kilgore
-Ultimates for everyone
-New accessory sets for Shago and Omen
-Third Shadow Lab slot added
-New season 4 color scheme

Ultra Package:
-Three classic stages
Cinder (KI)
Tusk (KI2)
Devs pick their five favorite and let fans vote #1
-10,000 in KI Gold
-Another accessory set for S4 characters

1 Like

Hm, I love the idea of a Microsoft Smash Bros, only as long as the characters are very well designed mechanically and not just added to draw in fans of their respective franchises. For example, me personally, I thought Arbiter was an amazing mechanically designed character, whereas GAAM, eh, not so much. The toad I got mixed feelings about, seems like he got a lot of design love aesthetically in his toolkit, mechanically I dunnoā€¦ I donā€™t use him, and he feels slightly OP so he pisses me off which clouds my judgement.

On the other hand, characters like Hisako or Kan Ra we wouldnā€™t see with guests, and they are very well designed to shake things up.

A puppeteer sounds -very- interesting. So does a wendigo.

Actually the entire idea of using Lovecraftian characters sounds awesome, and I was pleased with Kilgore, so Iā€™m sure these next two characters will be satisfying and if thereā€™s a season four it will be amazing.

Only concern Iā€™d have is how theyā€™d need to rebalance existing characters for an entire new cast to come along, however, shaking things up is a positive in my book, I donā€™t like stale games.

1 Like

This never crossed my mine :open_mouth:

Fulgore & Aganos tag team. Shweet.

Aganos smashes you through a wall and then tags Fulgore in, cancel tag into shadow teleport before the body even hits the floor for a full combo. Tag back in Aganos whose waiting for you to get up with a peacekeeper. Yes.

To answer the OP, no, clearly this not official. I wouldnā€™t go so far as to say it ā€œdoesnā€™t matter,ā€ because this is an event the developers are aware of and they demonstrably value feedback. But it isnā€™t official.

If there were going to be a season 4 (and it seems like there isnā€™t as far as I can read the mysterious tea leaves), then I would expect:

6-8 characters with their own music
2-3 stages (sorry guys)
A big expansion to Shadow Lords to serve as a story mode for the new characters

What I would like but doubt we would get:
Online practice mode (this seems so easyā€¦)
Polish around the menus and load screens
Improved music select list
Updated dojo
Character specific trials or at least Instinct tutorials

1 Like

hmm, you sure?

1 Like

You know, after having Kilgore added, I would be ok with this provided that the new characters not having their own unique stage make sense. Like for example if Eagle were added to the game, I would have no issue with him being placed on Thunderā€™s stage. Or if Atriox gets added, having him on the Halo stage would make senseā€¦kinda. Kelvin, if he happens and still has an ice theme, would fit just fine on Glaciusā€™s stage, and so on. But IMHO Mira not having her own stage was a huge misstep, and judging from what Iā€™ve heard in regards to the concept art for her stage it would have put context to her music theme that is obviously hurting without it (without context it just sounds like they were going for Russian opera, but they added an electric horsefly buzzing around because Celldweller couldnā€™t put down the synthesizers for even one theme). So I hope they keep that in consideration and donā€™t leave out stages for any unique characters.

Also having a new character that would help Rash get a better stage fit would be nice as well. As is, Kan-raā€™s stage is a poor match for Rash &/or Battletoads, and it seems like the only reason why they put him there is ā€œcause portalsā€.

Yes heā€™s sure. KI never had gore.

As I said in another thread:

KI has violence in spades. So much glorious violence.

But just to be clear:

Violence is aggressively attacking someone.

Gore is tearing them apart in some form or anotherā€¦exposing internal body parts.

KI never had gore. KI has never had severed body parts or exposed internal organs (Spinal excluded, lol), just blood.

2 Likes

All stage retro ki1+ki2
ki2 music (in game and practice mode)
Dojo stage + stage for rash, eyedol, general raam, kilgore, mira. + sky stage
all characters voices speakers
team battle mode
tournament mode
combo mode for all characters
story season 3 + story special for charcters bonus (omen, shadow jago, kilgore,ā€¦)
new color and accessory for all characters (normal + retro)
game in 1080p 60fps and HDR
fatality+humiliation
and vibration controller

I am not sure if they should do a Season 4. I think it would be better to do more DLC and a few characters. I think most of us would be happy with a more completed game: A few more stages (Rash, Mira), Ultimates for every single character, full colors and accessory sets for Omen/Shago/Kilgore, improved retro costumes, a retro stage.

All that stuff wouldnā€™t qualify as Season 4.