Is this how we grow our community?

You deserve a round of applause.

1 Like

Briefly donning my moderator hat to remind everyone to be civil and constructive within this thread. If you have criticisms, please be civil in delivering them. No ad-hominem attacks.

And this is a forum - it is by definition a place of debate. Please keep the debate on topic.

4 Likes

Alright guys but nothing new about ki will show for us, and you know why? Cose the game is a failure now.

Facts.

Arcana hearts, had 2600 viewrs yesterday.

Ki is a niche of a niche now.

Keep playing on circle with few guys from your niche ki community, its a lot of fun.

God you guys don’t understand when something fail.

Ki let down was big, don’t deny.

What is the name of that? Bombed, lack of interest.

Wrong ideas, wrong mechanics, no fun.

IF THE GAME HAD SUCCEEDED, WE HAD ANOTHER STORY TODAY AND PROBABLY A NEW SEASON OR NEW KI IN THE WORKS. (and i don’t need to write tons oAlright guys but nothing new about ki will show for us, and you know why? Cose the game is a failure now.

Facts.

Arcana hearts, had 2600 viewrs yesterday.

Ki is a niche of a niche now.

Keep playing on circle with few guys from your niche ki community, its a lot of fun.

God you guys don’t understand when something fail.

Ki let down was big, don’t deny.

What is the name of that? Bombed, lack of interest.

Wrong ideas, wrong mechanics, no fun.

IF THE GAME HAD SUCCEEDED, WE HAD ANOTHER STORY TODAY AND PROBABLY A NEW SEASON OR NEW KI IN THE WORKS. (and i don’t need to write tons os word to explain why, just look the ki situation right now, not even steam saved the game with tons of glitches… What do u expect?miracle?)

FAILURE IS A FAILURE.

Your faboysm won’t change facts…

KI is dead…

Whatever. If there’s one thing in my time on this forum i hope would have stuck with others is to not be a drone. And that’s not meant in any sort of derogatory sense. Don’t let one opinion be the thing that shapes yours. The statement that a game is dead has been the hot topic for games even aside from KI and i don’t believe it about any of them.

Myself personally @masterdericobr, or to anyone else with the “xyz game is dead” thing, i can see your argument. But i respectfully don’t agree with it at all. That is all.

Is it not a cool feeling to find, connect, compete with/against, and befriend people that share the passion you have with a fighting game? New, old, or upcoming? To me, that’s why “xyz game is dead” has no traction to me.

3 Likes

I collect fighting games, i love to play single player just to have fun.

Games are my passion.

I was talking in this thread about the ki scene competitively.

I, myself, enjoy competiting against other players. Even more so when we can talk with each other. That’s the passion that I have for fighting games in particular and that’s when it’s the most fun. I feel that single player passion to a degree, but i like the games more with others.

But, when you speak of the competitive KI scene, yes, it’s not as strong as many other scenes as far as some stats. That does not mean that the passion is not there. Ask most serious or even light-hearted casual KI players right now what tournament are they most looking forward to and they’d say KI World Cup (or Combo Breaker). A tournament that features a lot of the game’s best, generates a ton of interest, and is our TWT or CPT or what have you.

Having said all that, it kinda comes back to the initial point of this thread ‘Is this how we grow our community?’ I won’t speak for anyone, but there are people who have done plenty of actions to support or grow the game in their own personal ways. @PCKPharrohYami just got through organizing an online tournament just this evening for KI, his umpteenth one. @UABass continues to put out sets for players to learn and analyze. Even made it a point to organize his youtube channel so you could search by character or player. @lCharlieboy has his Cyberfights series that he runs/organizes. @STORM179 has worked to create a scene while he’s in Singapore with 0rez. @STREETNS contributes content almost regularly with his own series. @Infilament created a KI bible. Kalypso has a series with his sets that he does from time to time. There are tons of people like @SonicDolphin117, @TheNinjaOstrich, @FallofSeraphs76, @FallibleJoker14, Kortland, Nicky, Wheels, Ixion, Kristoff, Amenty and a ton more i haven’t mentioned that put time and effort into the game with streams, video content, guides and advice and for the most part? They’re all pretty approachable about getting into the game or the community.

So when i list all of that, yeah, i do find it hard to agree with the point others make of a game being dead.

5 Likes

Almost dead.
10 people is a group, not a community.

Ki has niche scene now.

Well, i understand what u said, but 10 people wont build a castle without more support.

The easiest way is now broken, lack of the interest by people cose of selfish and wrong decisions.

You guys cant deny, the downhill is REAL.

NOW 10 PEOPLE TRYING TO FIX THAT WILL BE AN IMPOSSIBLE MISSION.

And a few people don’t need to fix other people (developers) incompetence.

Fighting games are a niche scene in and of themselves to the general gamer though. Even the FGC’s greatest spectacle, Evolution, does not hold a candle to other events like the World Cyber Games, Blizzcon, The Invitiational, even the just launched Overwatch League.

And as far as the castle analogy? Well, every castle needs a foundation. I’d dare say those are some pretty strong foundations. But i see where you’re going.

I already said sorry in the off topic about the way i post.

Its not personal.

If i say Keiths, its the guy who worked on ki, not the personal keiths, i dont know him.

And this is valid for everybody here.

If i don’t liked ig work, its not personal either, i got everything ki related, digital and retail, so im a customer and i have right to complain about my product, or what it turns out at every season

I don’t understand why people spend so much time saying a game is dead. I really don’t. What does it accomplish? I find matches very quickly online. How does that make it dead? When I see an oppurtunity, I try to bring others into the game. They usually try it and either enjoy it or don’t. If they do enjoy it, great. If they don’t enjoy it, that’s fine too. Difference is, they don’t go call the game dead. They just don’t play it.

In fact, I would argue people saying the game is dead are the same people making the game dead. Let’s look at UMvC3 for example. People weren’t going around saying the game was dead. What I saw were tournament players, enjoying the game and every now and then, a new player, including me, joining.

Now KI, you have people everywhere, even people who don’t play KI, saying the game is dead. When a new player sees the community saying the game is dead, they are less likely to join the game. It’s getting harder to convince new players to join the game. When I mention KI, the first response usually goes "Never tried it. Isn’t that game dead?"I told them I find online matches faster than most other games I play. I even ask them why do they think the game is dead. Response. “Everyone is saying it.”

This is what I think. The more you say a game is dead, the more dead the game becomes. Complaining is one thing. Constructive criticism is completely fine and even encouraged. Just going around saying a game is dead? Just stop playing the game. Do you want the game to be dead? In fact, people saying KI is dead is the reason the game is in the situation it is in right now. Guarantee that if people didn’t keep on saying the game is dead, the playerbase would be much larger.

2 Likes

No need to apologize, it’s a public forum. Not everyone will agree, and that’s kinda the cornerstone of this forum, let’s express how and why something is awesome or something is hot garbage.

And it’s not personal to me, so no worries.

1 Like

I know this forum for years, or you post positive things, or you are flagged or banned.

Now tell me, whats wrong with my posts?

What wrong decisions?

Your argument is getting towards the old adage of: you can sit in a garage saying “I’m a car, I’m a car’” over & over but it doesn’t make you a car.

You keep making accusations, but repeating the accusations again do not make them more valid.

You just keep saying the game is dead, it’s broken, the devs made wrong decisions, without any valid information to back up your claims other than saying the game is dead, it’s broken, and the devs made wrong decisions.

Give evidence of player base as well as a defining example of what a “dead game” actually looks like in numbers, dev support, etc.

Give examples of the mechanics that are “broken” and why they break the game and make playing it unreasonably unfair.

Give examples of wrong decisions the dev team made and what “right decisions” would have been.

Sources for the information would be great also.

1 Like

What is the purpose of your posts? Are you trying to get the developers to make KI a better game? Probably not. Saying the game is dead won’t do that. Have complaints about parts of the game? Probably not. If so, you would list the complaints and reasons why it would make the experience better. What is the purpose of saying KI is dead?

Not true. Plenty of people complained about the Season 2 character select screen being laggy. Season 3, we got a new character select screen. There was a massive debate when combo assist was first introduced and some people had valid complaints such as option selects being added. The devs changed combo assist. Nowhere were these people banned. Here is the difference. They didn’t go saying Killer Instinct is dead. They provided constructive criticism.

3 Likes

What wrong decisions? Try to ask the developers why s3 was a disaster sale wise, even on steam.

Microsoft is know for hardcore fps players and multiplayer stuff. They put two characters of ms universe on the wrong universe. Plus the lack of stages, stupid loot money bonus, loot mode, stupid characters, absolutely all wrong.

Msybe the fault its not totally by ig, but that season is money cash and rushed annoying characters. You like them? Good for you, but by the sales and the lack of interest from people, you are a grain of sand in the desert.

Sorry my words don’t have flowers on it.
Im not rude, just limited english

My friend, please justify your points. Just saying “this is bad, wanna know why? Because its a failure” doesnt tell us much about what you dislike about the game or how you dislike it.
Formulating your points would not only be better for this discussion, it would also mean that there is a chance it could be taken as feedback

3 Likes

Nobody expects constant praise for the game. I’m just asking what are you trying to accomplish.

Just some questions I want explained…

1. What do you have against Raam and Arbiter? They are guests characters for reason, to bring in potential new players. They weren’t just thrown in either since their gameplay is extremely unique. Also, why is Rash excluded from your list. Isn’t he a guest as well?
  2. Lack of stages is a legitimate complaint, but not something game breaking
  3. Are the loot boxes really necessary to buy? I’ve never felt the need to buy those loot boxes since I feel like the grind is rewarded fairly. Remember that this is a company and I don’t think they are pulling any dirty tricks with KI like other companies.
  4. What’s wrong with the characters? I want more explanation on that statement of yours.

Ah… that explains how this thread got 50 Comments in a few Hours. It just had to be Flame Bait.

@masterdericobr
What exactly (in detail) isit you that you don’t like about KI ?

1 Like