Is season 3 dying before it even hits?

But what happens if theyre right? More guests? Less characters and no big pay off because of it?
I’m playing devil’s advocate.
But there is a chance it could be a small season and they’re playing it up to be something bigger than it is.
I remember them saying the season 2 launch trailer would make your head explode and it showed a bunch of silhouettes. Far from impressed.
I’m waiting with baited breath for the actual reveal.

I do like him too. One of my favourite characters

Extremely relevant. I’m pretty optimistic…But I’ll admit I was worried when they didn’t show it at e3.

Don’t know if you noticed but s3 comes out in less then 3 weeks sometimes I wonder if these posts are by 30 yr olds or 10 yr olds

I’m just going to start assuming the worst and go with my rock-bottom worst case scenario for season 3 so I can’t possible be disappointed with what we get. Now I’m expecting:

Only 3 stages
No ultimates
No dojo upgrades
No Eyedol
Gargos as an unplayable boss
Several rehashed “shadow” characters
Less than 8 characters + bonus
$50 price tag

1 Like

I’m sure four of those are true.

Exactly, gotta expect the worst so anything we get is a pleasant surprise.

Also, I know I’m totally overreacting. I’m just having a bit of fun with it, if I didn’t I’d probably be legit pretty pissed off right now.

I’ve assiduously avoided posting in all the overwrought complaint threads regarding the Great Stage Fiasco of 2016, but I just can’t help myself on this one.

As someone who actually does like KI’s environmental art and stages, I’m honestly quite sick of all the “OMG KI is dead” wails across seemingly every other thread. I like KI’s stages. I like KI’s music. I am curious how individual character themes will figure into the stages now that the ratio is no longer 1:1. I am not running around like the damn sky is falling and all of a sudden IG is looking to gip us with substandard content.

It is not the end of the world or even just KI if Season 3 only has 3 new stages. It is not the end of the franchise that two character trailers have now been released without having their teasers attached initially. It makes a lot of sense why they withheld the teasers - because they were very specifically trying to capitalize on potential synergy between the Halo community and the KI community. Guess what? While the Halo community might get hype for Arbiter, they’re probably not going to have the foggiest idea who Tusk is or why they should care.

IG/MS have said they’re working on things that will make the community happy. I’m not going to get super excited about how clearly this will be the greatest and most awesome reveal of buffs in the history of ever, but neither am I going to summarily pass judgment on a season of which I currently know almost nothing about. Stage information was released around a week ago, and they were pretty quick to confirm that more info would be forthcoming on the 25th.

Do yourselves a favor and exercise enough patience to wait a damn week to see what else the KI team has in store for us. If at that point you’re still not satisfied, then by all means go nuts. But this premature display of wailing and gnashing of teeth when none of us has any idea what’s really in store for S3 is ridiculous. :unamused:

4 Likes

Oh Snap. :open_mouth:

1 Like

True it’s no doubt the wait that is getting to some of the forum posters - I can’t imagine how I’d be if I didn’t have SFV or persona or blazblue to experience in this wait - but
Evidently this Thursday a lot of people are going to be insanely surprised and the world will rejoice in the light of KI.

Hoping there’s an eclipse version of Arby’s stage. That would be freakin amazeballs.

1.KI is dead.or it is not my KI any more. in my KI every character has a stage. i am not here to speak like a fighting game judge… like…“20 stages are enough for a fighting game”. i don’t rationalize my taste. this is not my game.

2.i hope they will announce the dlc stages SOON. i hope gargos i not an omen costume.

3.i really hate how they are influenced by MK. because this is why the whole lighting upgrade.MK is an awful wooden game and that is why these ugly x-ray thing to draw attention.if they are comparing KI with MK they are making the game worse.

4.I hate halo. i bought xbox for KI.does everybody in MS has empathy with halo? i want KI characters in KI stages.not halo characters.

5.i feel like they have stolen my hype.

2 Likes

Just a different development process and schedule… think you are over thinking it. Everyone said the same thing about S1 and S2… your only fueling the negativity here on the forums.

KI is alive and well, and it’s expanding. That’s not dying…that’s living.

2 Likes

no it wasn’t the same in s1 and s2.s1 was amazing.s2 same amazing. it was only for TJ and if there were not those complaints maybe he would look as he was at the beginning. 3 stages leave with no hope for new things, come on IG bring me some hope.

To say that the Season has lost hype is way premature. If anything, the announcement of less stages has grown curiosity as to what Season 3 will contain. Sure there are going to be disappointments just like in everything. There will also be some great excitement when all is revealed, I’m certain of that. For MS to carry this game for so long should be obvious they care for its success.

“Is season 3 dying before it even hits?”

What? How exactly? Because you don’t PERSONALLY feel super excited CURRENTLY?

• “Now we get delayed stories every week”
    **> I’m sorry, but were their back stories before? I thought the expanded back stories were something new they were doing? So, I mean, at least we are getting something.

• “very little info”
    **> They have already explained that they haven’t been able to show much for a long time because of how much they had to implement in Season 3. New lighting, new systems, attacks, work-in-progress characters, etc. They don’t want to show trailers when the lighting is going through a complete over-haul and when they characters/mechanics are unfinished.

• “no teasers after trailers”
    **> They have also explained this. The Kim Wu trailer didn’t have the Arbiter tease at the end the first time because they wanted to sync up the announcement with the Halo Championships – which was happening at a different time in the day – so they had to delay it. The Arbiter trailer didn’t have a tease at the end because they were showing it during the Halo Championships at they wanted to keep the announcement “all Halo”. The full trailer with the teaser will be available Wednesday. Relax. Besides, teasers are just bonuses.

• “news about changing the entire concept of what a ki season is all about in terms of characters with stages and music”
    **> This is unfortunate, sure, but they have said that they need more time to work on the “bigger things” Season 3 will have to offer – which we haven’t seen yet.

I also fail to understand how the game is “dying” when new content is coming, and a lot of PC players will start playing as well. I’m sure the Arbiter trailer being played at the Halo Championships also got some people interested.

You are obviously focusing WAY to much on the negatives of the Season instead of the positive things.

EDIT: Fixed formatting. Kinda…

6 Likes

People are grasping at all kinds of stuffs. They’ve said a big part of the reason for three stages is that they devoted a lot of resources to the lighting change. People don’t want to accept that, so they are fantasizing that their must be something enormously huge coming to “make up for” only three stages. So instead of recognizing that their expectations are unreasonable, they are making their expectations even bigger. That sort of thinking doesn’t end well.

They are going to show us good stuff for S3, and most of us are going to like it. If you don’t? Well then there are other choices out there if you want to spend your time and money on other things.

I think I’m going to like S3. But people expecting Ultimates, stage ultras for all stages, no mercies, an MK style story mode, redone classic costumes, and 9+ character and something even more mind blowing are going to be disappointed.

3 Likes

Believe me, people said the same stuff for both S1 and S2. The Glacius reveal absolutely “destroyed” the game and lit the Internet on fire. So forgive me for thinking we’ve seen this before.

1 Like

Glacius destroyed the game when Glacius is one of the first 3 characters revealed and people were crying for having KI back? i was here. and all the expectations you say about ultimates,stages and everything is because this is what we think that the game we love deserves for a season 3. it cannot be season 2 bigger than season 3,they must be at least equal.

Actually no…they didn’t say that. Sure the lighting engine reworke takes a good chunk of resources to do but that isn’t nearly everything. Bunch of times they said they still have secrets they have yet to show

Quote from Adam
"So why we didn’t do as many stages: First, we’ll have 20 stages already, which is a lot, especially considering they’re all interactive in various ways. Second, we wanted to make some other parts of the game bigger and put more effort into some new things coming this season.

We’re not at a point to discuss these yet though - we’re saving some good stuff for just a bit longer."

1 Like