Is Eagle's promised free availability for Definitive and S3 Ultra edition live already or not yet?

Nov 20th and still no Eagle access seriously wtf!!!..I even clicked on Eagle and it went and took me to the Windows Store and displays you already own the character then prompts me with a error message…when will this be fixed???

I own the KI Season 3 Ultra Edition btw!

As you can see from my Screenshots i clearly own Eagle but hes still greyed out and it’s now bloody Nov!!!..When is this going to be fixed???

3 Likes

Took the advantage of getting the Definitive Edition now that it was on sale. Got it and magically everything worked.

This keeps making me believe the issue is that the Microsoft peeps in charge of the store must have made a mistake when handing out the licenses – something they can fix by running a proper script on their end.

Anyways, it’s a shame I had to repurchase the game to get items that in theory I already own. Oh well.

1 Like

I’m just gonna pick this up in a Steam Sale…Shocking how am made to rebuy a game just so the content remains already unlocked…I’m gonna give this a really bad negative review on the Windows Store as well as Steam and other Developers can go F*** themselves mean wtf are they no support fro them whatsoever!..

Not a simple member of Staff here on the forums to help users with issues…this is abandonware at it’s worse!

2 Likes

So, did anyone who is owner of Win10 S3UE acutally ever get the free Eagle?

As much as I appreciate @developers 's good intentions, if you can’t perform a proper real-world data test for whatever your service being released, all it would do is hurt your reputations.
I would suspect that, like others have said multiple times, this is a licensing conflict which, if in that case, would be Win10 Store side’s fault. However if your system(or game) is designed to use an outside service, coordinating with whoever providing the said service, to make sure they know exactly what to do on their end, IS @developers 's responsibility.
Those guys can provide tools and platform, but they need a help to perform a product specific special task outside of their standard service.
So if anyone thinks blame is solely on Win10 Store, they are equally guilty as far as professional system engineering goes.

I don’t doubt the good intentions behind dev’s words, but at this point I have to doubt their ability from now on.
This may sounds too harsh over a free dlc, but all I wanted was to buy the damn post S3 characters in the first place.
I can buy the DE to solved this myself, but I’m not going to, and I suggest the same to anyone else having the issue.
(I unfortunately bought Steam version on release, to support the dev, what a mistake I made… tho I doubt it I’ll see if I can get a refound)
Sure, you can give a bad review, but at the end of the day, a sale lost speaks a lot more about how we feel.
Don’t give them your money, if you don’t think they deserves it.

2 Likes

I want to support this game but am pretty sad at the state of support. I’m tempted to buy a copy during the Steam sale in order to access the content I already own, but ranked doesn’t have crossplay and that defeats the purpose. I don’t feel safe relying on the game being updated to allow that feature, sad to say.

I literally can’t crawl out of gold on Steam because there is nobody to fight.

1 Like

Exhibition is still good on Steam (largely because it’s cross-play with Xbox, even though you can’t pick who you’re going to fight). Imagine if they had handled this properly, though. :disappointed:

The fact that they have fans who are willing to rebuy the game on another platform to overcome a bug that locks them out of content they own shows that KI fanbase is strong and that MS needs to have done more to make them happy. Leaving the game in this state of affairs is really upsetting.

At first I was mostly okay with ranked being separate on Steam vs Xbox but I’m definitely less okay with it more and more as time goes on. I had thought there would have been immense technical challenges in unifying the leaderboards but responses from Rukari etc made it sound like it would have been easy and they did this as a deliberate choice (maybe that’s a hardcore OS though). Too bad we’re unlikely to ever really know, and it’s almost a certainty that MS will not improve the game any further.

6 Likes

@snickerdoodle The Steam sale is about to end. Is there any hope of ranked crossplay coming in the future, or hope of the Windows 10 error being fixed?

I have cash money I’m trying to give someone here.

Eagle is still glitched on Windows 10 after the 11.30 patch.

I still can’t use eagle; won’t even let me pay cash to get him. Just an error that states it’s on their end.

1 Like

I never got it

I got it…

Windows 10 here, I check once a week, but Eagle is still glitched.

Hey there -

We think a fix was pushed out to resolve this. Are you able to obtain Eagle now?

If not, can you double check your purchases on your Microsoft Account page and PM me a screenshot of them so we can figure out what may be going on here?

Thanks!

1 Like

I know you said you’re on Windows 10 - Any chance you can try on an Xbox One console to see what happens? @DinosaurToy as well.

Ok, here we go, just now on Windows 10.

When I select Eagle to purchase in-game:

After dismissing that box I get:

After dismissing that box, Eagle remains available for purchase, but cannot be selected in game modes and is greyed out.

And on the Microsoft web store, I get this when trying to select or buy Eagle:

I’ve tried logging in on a friend’s Xbox One console, and there, Eagle can be installed and used-in game without any restrictions. I’m only having this issue on my own PC under Windows 10. I’m trying to get a shot of my microsoft purchase history, but there are errors currently on the website.

FYI, I originally purchased the Supreme Edition of KI when it launched on Windows 10. When the Definitive Edition launched, I was grandfathered in to owning the Season 3 Ultra Edition (as well as the first and second seasons). In the in-game store, I have green checkmarks by all three seasons.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed post.

Passing info along!

1 Like

Unfortunately I had to uninstall the game while ago, so I wouldn’t know if the issue got resolved.
I’ve sent you a pm with screenshot of purchase history, maybe it’ll do some good for others having same issue.
FYI, I don’t own Xbox One and never logged in or played on one. Only purchase I ever made on Win10 Store is Supreme Edition which includes season 1-3 and some VIP stuff, other than that I bought Shado Jago but that’s from in-app purchase.
Hope that helps others, good luck.

1 Like

No can do on the xbone.

I tried again today and I’m also getting the ‘you already own this’ dialog, but then an error afterwords and Eagle is grayed out. That’s different than before where it just failed to purchase so somethings different. I did recently install the new win 10 fall update if that matters.

1 Like

Got this exact same thing.
Can’t even get Eagle because I “already own him” but I can’t pick him.

1 Like