Is Eagle's promised free availability for Definitive and S3 Ultra edition live already or not yet?

Hey all -

I don’t have answers but know we’re not ignoring. I’m asking around. :slight_smile:

In the meantime, please check KI’s “Ready to Install” section from your My Games & Apps too just to be sure. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I get error 0x80070490 when i try to purchase eagle, even though i should already own him.

1 Like

Resetting the app data did not help.

This is enouh to satisfy me. It’s reassuring to know that the developers at least care!

3 Likes

I’m happy the problem is being looked at. I don’t want to trash the developer. I just want to play the game; I was starting to main Eagle during the initial week he was free for everyone.

Maybe Eagle should be the free fighter while the team tries to fix the problem.

3 Likes

I have the physical Definitive Edition. Will it be possible to get Eagle for free or do I need to buy him?

Don’t mess with my schedule like that! It’s very meticulously planned out and stuff.

Besides, it’s not that easy.

Has anyone tried this? Did it work or nah?

ALSO.

Are any of y’all in the preview program by any chance??

I’m on W10 version and tried going through the fighters/extras sections of the KI Store menu, but nothing was there for me to download. I’ll rip through the xboxlive and windows store apps to see if I missed something.

I’m not in the preview program. I was too slow, just like my meaties :sob::sob:

My experience so far:

When I noticed the issue on Windows 10, I tried downloading the game on a friend’s XB1 console. From there, I was able to install all content including Eagle using the “ready to install” menu. Eagle did work on the XB1, I was able to select him and use him when signed in as myself.

After that, back on Windows 10, Eagle still shows greyed out in all modes. Available for purchase through the in-game store menu, but when trying to purchase I’m told I already own the content. After dismissing that box, I get the same error code several users upthread have gotten, suggesting I try again later. Then Eagle is still unusable, and is shown as available to purchase. (Which doesn’t work.)

I checked the Windows website store for KI, and there it also confirms I do own Eagle. But he remains useable only on an XB1 console. In Windows 10, it is glitched. I’ve already done the usual, like reinstalling the game.

FYI I originally bought the supreme edition of the game as soon as it was released for Windows 10. Through the in-game store, it now shows me as owning seasons 1, 2, and the season 3 ultra edition. Interestingly, I’ve had no trouble accessing Shin Hisako, which I’ve read has also been a problem for many Windows 10 users.

For everyone having issues here:

Are y’all on WIN10 or on Xbox One?

Win 10

Windows 10, game, system and store with latest update with Supreme Edition since day 1 on Win10 and still no Eagle.

S3 ultra edition i’l add

Win 10.

Finally I’ve been able to create an account (albeit a dupe one lel) so I can type on this :stuck_out_tongue:
Okay, the platform is Windows 10, Supreme Season 3 user (from when it launched on Windows 10).

I’m pretty sure the issue is that Microsoft gave the license to the Xbox version only and not the Windows 10 version, but since they’re cross buy the store page and the inner systems get confused by the contradiction – it’s an issue I’ve seen happen many times on Sony’s end on the PlayStation Network too.

Probably because instead of being purchased it was retroactively added. I’ve been trying to get Xbox Support to scale it to whichever department has the direct control on this from their Store team, but no luck so far. Seeing you’re aware of this maybe you guys have a more direct link to said resources? @snickerdoodle

EDIT: Since someone mentioned gold packs, I tried to purchase Gold Pack 1. Same error as with Eagle, seems we should own them too. Just noting because it seems we’re having more issues than just Eagle.

I’m starting to wonder if the right course of action wouldn’t have been to have upgraded people to the Definitive Edition instead, which probably works as intended.

Update: just logged into KI on Win10 and Eagle is no longer available at all, listed as “coming soon”.

Reverse progress?

Can confirm. Gold packs now go up to 2 (which still are not netted) and the Omen colors are not there.

I’m hoping this means it’s being worked on actively and everything will go back to normal soonTM.

@snickerdoodle As of tonight the missing color and skin packs, as well as Eagle, have returned to the in-game store under Windows 10. And Eagle is still glitched. Trying to “purchase” him results in an error window and dumping back to the game. Eagle remains locked.

2 Likes