Iron galaxy at E3 2017

9 Likes

I think the last character is related to the ancients mask.
Speculations on season 4, really exist:
Eagle, Joanna dark, shadow orchid.

1 Like

Lol, I know right? I’ve been pretty happy with the content we are getting. The Ultimates are cool and both Kilgore and Shin Hisako have been well received - not just by me but by the silent majority who rarely come to the forums to complain about stuff. I’m not sure why we have to be doom and gloom all the time.

My E3 prediction is that we will get the next Character reveal and that’s it. I’m honestly not expecting a Season 4 at this point nor would I expect a new game announcement. IG may have all kinds of stuff going on but unrelated to KI.

7 Likes

This is an absolutely terrible thing to say, but I would drop money on the Scorpio just to play KI season 4.

I’ve already migrated my squad to the PS4 for multiplayer games and Japanese games. Xbox is just my KI-Box.

hmm
 but I can also play it on my PC

1 Like

The Scorpio is still an Xbox one so it won’t have any exclusives.

I don’t expect anything on Killer Instinct news at E3 but I’d love to be wrong.

Thinking of past E3s, it’s hard for me to get more excited than I was during Sony’s 2015 E3 conference with the announcements of the FFVII Remake and Shenmue 3 (even though both of those games are still a ways off from being finished). The announcements alone broke my hype meter.

If Microsoft did announce a Killer Instinct season 4 or some unique KI content for Scorpio, that would be incredible but I’m not holding my breath. Microsoft probably won’t use a 4 year old game to try and sell the public on a new console.

Yeah, but new hardware typically comes with reasons to get said hardware, so there’s a good chance KI will at least get a graphical boost
possibly 4k. Hopefully some new content will drop as well.

Exactly why it shall be a waste of money if this statement was true. It will be held back by the “weaker” One.
I would expect it to use it’s power.
Personally I expect there to be exclusives eventually. It’s inevitable.

I don’t necessarily think this is true. If you take a standard Xbox One game, increase native resolution to 4k, turn on 16x AA and increase frames to 60fps (for games running less than that), that will take a massive increase in power. Basically, developers can just have the hardware “flip a switch” to enable all of the higher-end settings while still being compatible with the older hardware and PCs (for cross-platform titles).

The Xbox to Xbox 360 to Xbox One generational leaps had massive differences in hardware, which lead to developers having to spend a lot of time to optimize their titles on vastly different hardware. With Scorpio, this isn’t the case. I firmly believe both consoles can exist in the same space and for those who spend big money on having the best possible gaming setup, it won’t be a waste of money.

2 Likes

It may sound stupid but I think we will get four additional characters at some point. I dont know if it will be Season 4 or off season characters or if its going to be announced at E3, but current look of select screen is silly to me. That free space above Kilgore and incoming character is begging to be occupied.

2 Likes

In my opinion I think the Scorpio will replace the Xbox one in 2 years time. They only said that to keep people from freaking out and keep XboxS sales high. It is 6x more powerful than the Xbox1, it would be a waste not to use that power. On top of that it would be very hard to convince someone to drop 400-500 without exclusives .

Now on topic I don’t know what their going to be good but I hope it’s more than just the last character.

I don’t know why people have their hearts set on wanting new stages instead of characters. They do not change gampeplay at all and are more than twice as expensive. to put this into perspective; If IG had chosen to make a stage for Mira, they likely wouldn’t have been able to make Kilgore, Shin Hisako, or the 3rd post-season 3 character.

4 Likes

Well, here’s the way I see it (wow, this got long, sorry):

1. It’s rather widely believed that Sony crushed MS on exclusives in the first quarter, and that because this isn’t a numbered Halo year or Gears year, MS back of the year exclusive list is looking a bit light.

2. While there will be a focus on Scorpio at E3, some believe that the recent info dump will help take some of the focus off of the system so they’re not doing a whole lot with it at the show beyond revealing the final name, the box, the release date and the price (ie the only stuff people care to see from hardware at a show like this). There’s still plenty of show left for games that sell that hardware.

3. Add all that up and there’s arguably a perfect storm of pressure on MS to bring the games this year. Sony’s near-historic 1st quarter of games, MS perceived light 2017 lineup, which seemingly lacks in the Halo or Gears level “killer app” department, a new console to sell, and lets not forget that they’ve had some unceremonious game cancellations in the last year or so as well.

4. While KI is not a killer app on the level of Halo or Gears, I still believe they’ll want to bring every possible gun they have to E3, and KI, one would assume, would likely be a less expensive game to continue given that they already have so much of the infrastructure in place.

5. IG has been developing guardians, skins, ultimates and 3 characters, which they have taken much longer than “normal” to bring out. Season 2 saw characters getting released once a month and correct me if I’m wrong, but Season 3 followed a similar model after the initial 4. Would it be overly surprising to find out that they were working on something much bigger behind the scenes while they kept this content drip flowing?

6. MS/IG have stated as recently as KIWC that they’ll keep making content as long as we keep buying it. While we don’t have any sales numbers, I don’t think they’d keep making that assertion if they knew the end was near. Sure, they wouldn’t say “sorry, this is the final content,” but I also don’t know that they’d want to string fans along with false hope. I think a more “we’ll see what happens” neutral approach would likely be taken, but maybe I’m wrong.

7. The Season 3 survey. Remember that thing from back in July, 2016 where we got to vote on Eyedol and a whole bunch of character ideas? I’m not saying that they’ve been working on a new season for 11 months (in June), especially given that season 3 didn’t really end until September or October, if I recall correctly. But wouldn’t eight months later at June, E3 be the perfect time to announce the Fall release of the game they did a survey on last summer, timing wise?

8. We still don’t know who Character 3 is and we’ve had no indication we’ll find out any time soon. The first post season 3 character came in January, the second in March. I’d say the third makes sense for May but why would they give us something in a few weeks when they can show it off on the big stage and say it’s available now one month later?

9. And if they are going to go to the trouble of taking up E3 time to show off a character, why would they do so for something that’s about to end? Wouldn’t it make more sense to say “KI is going strong, we’d like to announce our 4th season will be coming this Fall and we’ll have a trailer for that soon, but in the meantime, we’d like to show you our last post-season 3 character, which will be available TODAY.”

Does that mean KI Season 4 or a new KI is definitely happening? Certainly not.

Maybe MS wants to bring back other old games so the money well really is drying up to the point where Character 3 will be the last hurrah for KI.

Maybe the “you buy it, we’ll keep making it” mantra is just that; a mantra, or even just a way of deflecting any questions about the future.

Maybe they want to show more newer stuff at E3 and kind of get away from the older Xbox brand, which they might think of KI as belonging to, maybe they’ll take the same route of showing off a bunch of multiplatform games like they do most other years because that seems to be what Sony and MS think fans want and there’s no time for KI. Maybe IGs moving on to a new project.

Maybe.

I still like to think that something’s going on that I don’t know about with regards to this game and that it’s hopefully something big.

As for what I “expect” from E3 and KI?

Character 3 reveal. If it’s not revealed before E3, then I fully expect to see the character, if not during the main MS presentation, then in the avalanche of news that tends to follow the main announcements.

But what I’m really hoping for is the announcement of Season 4.

My ideal season would be:

8 Characters
8 Stages
8 Ultimates
Full retro and accessory sets
Arcade mode
Tournament Mode unlocked through Shadowlords season 4 tournament story
Updated “Fight On” pre-match screen
New Season 4 colors

Ultra pack would include 10K in KI gold, exclusive boss skin, exclusive retro skins for all season 4 characters and two retro stages.

10 Likes

Nothing.

1 Like

3rd character reveal and a Hint/ Confirmation for the future sequel on Scorpio!
Thats my guess

1 Like

I love you. Someone gets me. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Personally I’m hoping for a divekick sequel.

2 Likes

Street Fighter Alpha ports?

They did port SF3 Third Strike after all

I just came across an article where Phil Spencer was talking up that new Netflix-like service they’re wanting to do, and how big story-driven games like Zelda and Horizon wouldn’t fit a service like that well. The way he was wording things I kept thinking, " you know, the way KI has been trickling in little by little sounds kinda parallel to what he’s saying here." Maybe KI is going to help be a flagship title for this Nexflix-ish setup? And maybe we will keep on getting new content that way??

Source?