Introducing Atlas Plug & Celldweller – Composers for Season 3

Indeed. I’ve come to have pretty low expectations as it is.

It’s impossible to lower expectations for something I love. I will either like it:

OR DIE TRYING TO.

Lol That optimism.

1 Like

I think for Christmas we should see Kim model and stage concept and hear the theme.

2 Likes

#BEST
#X-MAS
#PRESENT
#EVER
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

OMG IF THIS HAPPENS…

I might die from Kim Wu HYPE!

3 Likes

Have they revealed any teaser snippets of music for KI yet? I wonder if it was just something that Mick did

1 Like

Nothing as of yet.

1 Like

January, KI World Cup and after. That’s probably when a slow start to a stream of S3 info will start rolling in. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

so far no, just Mick. But if they ever do decide to reveal it come Janurary sure I guess.

1 Like

Well, this is something from Atlas Plug. Someone floated it a while back as a cool take on how Kim Wu’s theme might sound,

I’m personally not a fan of metal or rock in general, and techno doesn’t generally do it for me either. But if one half of the duo is capable of something like this, then I’m pretty confident that it’ll all work out.

1 Like

And NOW you bring something there. If Kim’s theme sounds something like this I may be ok with Atlas but I’d still much rather see what they do with Kim’s theme first. Although this does levitate SOME doubt.

As far as thar goes while I like rock and techno I want the themes to sound something that represents the characters themselves.

1 Like

Oh yeah! I remember this! It’s very good. I have high hopes for Kim. I know she will meet all my expectations. If not, I will DIE Trying to like her.

(I like Kim Wu a lot lol)

1 Like

In the interview with Isgreen that’s pinned in General Discussion, they said that they’re working to make sure the music for Season 3 is as diverse as possible. From metal and electronica to prog and orchestral choirs.

Still anxious to see more stuff from them, but hopefully this will help alleviate some concern. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So Glad! Lol We just really want to show you that Atlus & Celldweller aren’t just some random lucky composers, but people that care and want to make KI’s Season 3 music the best…

THE FIRST TIME :smile:

Fwuf, I’m interested. What type of music that’s not common, would you like to hear in KI? :grin:

1 Like

Hmm… An interesting question, depending on your definition of “common.”
If we’re looking for something that stands out from the cast, I’ve had an idea for a hefty TexMex sort of idea. Mix some Motörhead with Spaghetti Western style soundtracks in the vein of The Ecstasy of Gold, Tombstone, Kill Bill, etc.
Something that captures the feel of the Old West but maintains the level of hype and power needed for KI. An aggressive cowboy, if I may.
I figured it’d work well in a Southwest inspired desert stage, like atop a mesa overlooking the desiccated plains below and maybe an old ghost town. Heat and violence would permeate the stage, with rippling mirages and distortions emanating from the rocky clay and sand. Bones and broken weaponry would litter the ground. As the battle wore on the atmosphere would intensify, dust devils ripping through the scrublands and sun-bleached bones dancing about as spirits took to the sky and howled as they drifted over the great range into the land beyond.

I want music that could tell THAT sort of story. What kind of character would it fit with? Hell if I know. A luchadore? A gunslinger? A sentient genocidal wagon?
Maybe I’m just a bit biased since I live in AZ, but I think something like that would be nice. Kinda reminds me of Thunder’s stage, since his actually looks alot like my area. Only it’d need to be a lot more…dead.

3 Likes

Give Kim Wu’s theme a mix of Chinese kung fu and k-pop (and I’m not talkin PSY, I’m talkin girls generation!)!

Kim’s was the one track I think should be traditional and not some pop dance techno mix, a true track similar to ephemeral dream from soul calibur.

Epic and sweeping

1 Like

I liked with Mick how you could listen to mere seconds of a theme and know who it was for, I’m hoping for that same feeling with S3. Then again I guess depends on what direction they take Kim, she could be conceptually different to her KI2 character

1 Like

I wonder was a hint if their work to come on the KI world cup trailer?

Nah, pretty sure that was a promotion for a local music thing. Sale for the album the song is on go towards the tourney or some such thing.