Introducing Atlas Plug & Celldweller – Composers for Season 3

Yeah that’s true. Forgot about that

We need a music tease. Even if it is 7 Seconds, I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We need an Atlus Plug/Cell Dweller vine like we had for Mick. Give us the juicy samples we need to stay sane.
Related note: I went ahead and subscribed to the two of them, but although Cell Dweller regularly posts updates about his work I don’t think I’ve seen anything involving KI yet. I would think that the channel would be a good portal to both give us KI fans something to look at, AND to introduce his regular subscribers to Killer Instinct.

2 Likes

Hell yeah especially Vine teases from those guys :smile: :sunglasses:

I think that I spend about as much time listening to the two KI season soundtracks away from my Xbox as I do actually playing Killer Instinct. I’m extremely excited to get my hands on a Season 3 soundtrack, even though we’ve only heard Rash’s track and a possible tease of Kim Wu’s. I have a lot of Celldweller’s music, but had never heard of Atlas Plug before the announcement, but I’m anticipating another awesome Season of music.

KI 2013 is the first game I have ever felt connected enough to the music that I would care about the soundtrack.

1 Like

I’m sad I only have a part of Rash’s theme to listen to, found someone who put up the theme from the trailer without the game’s sound on an online player. I really like how it sounds which makes me think they’re going to do a heck of a job with this season.

1 Like

great as that is I’ll wait before I can form a truley positive or negative opinion about them’ Cause I want to see their work for an offcial KI character. Rash isn’t gonna be enough to prove anything to me personally.

Still I hope they can live up to their confidence.

2 Likes

Well I imagine IG heard some samples before hiring them, so if they have faith so do I.
That said, its hard to match up to Mick’s work on the past couple of seasons so yea there is a little hesitance.

1 Like

I listen to S1 & S2 soundtracks every day all day. I am really worried that the new guys arent going to have that same style that I like for S3. I hope they prove me wrong…but as a life long Metal fan…I fear this new stuff isnt going to be my cup of tea. I hope they prove me wrong.

Ive been listening to Tusks classic song and man I hope they get Tusk right. Even the Classic track is amazing…its so hype and serious. It just screams sword fight to the death!

3 Likes

pretty much my sentiment but that is why I’m crossing my fingers and hoping they will be able to do these themes justice.

1 Like

Dude, me too! To and from work, I’ve got Mick’s tracks playing, can’t get enough of Shago, Cinder and TJ’s theme. I’d heard versions online that had the Ultra sequence at the end of the them, sad it isn’t in the official album.
Given what I’ve heard of Celldweller (Switchback & Tragedy are good, the tracks off of NFS Underground show a little diveristy) and the not-so-recent news of the orchestra recordings, I’m excited. I wish we had Vine teases or something, but now that we’re gonna have a playable build of S3 in just over a week, its a good bet we’re gonna be able to dissect one new theme (whether its Kim wu or a bait-and-switch character.
Honestly, I’ll count it as a win if I don’t see a wall of hate a day after we get a peek.

1 Like

You mean “Omens” theme LOL …Shago doesnt have a song…his song is the one from the boss battle …and that’s Jagos from what I remember.

Ive been meaning to record and play guitar on a few of the tracks for fun. I have my own recording studio and band set up so its just a matter of me getting there and playing it. I just dont have time since I spend every minute playing KI and MK

1 Like

Does anyone know if Rkosmik is on this forum?

1 Like

He’s going through some personal stuff, so he’s taken a break from YouTube in general. And the scary thing is, he didn’t say how long he would be gone.

2 Likes

Yup, my bad. Omen’s theme.
You can afford to give up MKX for a while right? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But at least we still got AppealToTreason as well as Nekro Lord to record AND upload the all-new Season 3 themes onto their respective YouTube channels for the time being and keep us occupied too :wink: :smile: :sunglasses:

Hey guys, when are we going to get some snippets?!?! I know they weren’t much, but man, the little snippets Mick would throw together for us really added to the hype.

2 Likes

I agree. But I also don’t think we’re gonna be this lucky with atlas-plug and celldweller. While they’ve been able to impress me with Kim’s theme, I have yet to see how awesome they’ll do tusk. But I trust they can do some good for the game in their own right.

I do miss the days when Mick shared snippets of his mucic. Be nice if Cell and Atlas could do that for us to. lol

Arby and Tusk sound the same to me- not sure on the music

we haven’t really herd anything from Tusk really all we got was a teaser, we should wait till the trailer comes out to get a better idea on that.