Introducing Atlas Plug & Celldweller – Composers for Season 3

Before you get too worried, Red, remember that they already did Rash’s theme, which is primarily speed metal mixed with 8 bit sounds from Battletoads.

So they’ve already ventured away from their usual fare in something they composed for this game.
Plus. Killer Instinct already has a standard that demands variety in its music. By contract I’m sure they have to provide

2 Likes

Or Kim Possible.

4 Likes

I am actually so excited for some HARDCORE dubstep omg i cant wait i was waiting for some in S2 but fingers crossed, knock on wood pray and then some

I’d actually be curious to see a character that would be befitting of some HardDub or some such thing.
Obviously I think they’d need to be Ultratech related, and probably really heavy duty…But what exactly would they be? I mean, we already have a robot.

There are two- fulgore and Aria

It’d be cool to see a smaller drone in the shape of chucky an ewok or R2D2 or a gremlin

Bouncing of walls like Blanka!

As long as he doesn’t try to slip his talk-singing in the tracks ugh

I agree Fwuf. They have already ventured somewhere that isn’t what they specialize in, plus, Traveling to Bulgaria to get specific sounds let’s us know,

They REALLY want to get this right. The first time.

4 Likes

This is sick. Love it.

Couldn’t agree more.

There’s a 2nd version with “instrumental” in the title. It’s very similar, just without the “darkside” vocals. Both are sweet.

1 Like

That’s a Battle toad remix though not an official KI character, it’d be easy for them to do that.

I wanna know if they can even do a good remix of one, this doesn’t really count for me I mean like legitimate KI Character theme. I think they should show us samples to show us how it’s coming along. I know Mick didn’t hit any marks either.

I wonder if they’ll work on Kim Wu’s theme, they should find a way to mix Chinese kung fu music & k-pop music. Explore k-pop!

I thought more of a Rock/Techno hybrid, with some Chinese/Korean vocals for Kim.

EDIT: I need to invent a program that makes music just by thinking about it.

1 Like

Take it from a guy with experience in their field - it’s not as easy as you might think. :wink:

1 Like

well I guess I stated this becuse every song I’ve herd they’ve done before is either rock or trance techno, (sometimes a bit like dubstep) I said it was easy cause it’s something they usually do, nothing really sounds cultural or something I’d think of other wise. But as I have stated once before I can change my mind once I hear a theme of a KI character from them.

I gotcha!

I was referencing; aside form the technical aspects of making a song with a solid mix using both live instruments as well as programming, it’s really difficult to take an established song and change it in a way that will please not only the fans of the original, but also those never exposed to that song to begin with. A properly good cover is one of the toughest things to do - if you don’t elevate the original, why bother doing it? And of course, that elevation is terribly subjective…

In my opinion, they jumped a big hurdle with that Rash theme, and that makes me excited for what’s to come. :smiley:

On a tecnicaly since yeah I can agree that isn’t easy. I’m just saying that the Rash theme isn’t the measuring stick I’d use to monitor how good they will be for Season3 because Rash was never a KI character to start with so his theme is not from there.

However as a Battle-Toad remix, it’s great! but as a KI remix is not viable enough to dictate what they can do for the series.

Though in my opinion people have been wrong before about Mick when he was the first one up to the job. Just like him I’ll give these guys a chance as well, but I’ll have a better opinion on them once I see what they can do with a KI character. It’s just so far alot of the songs I’ve herd each of them do just does not appeal to me that much, which is why I feel so unsure about them now.

Pretty sure I saw something on Twitter about them recording with a Bulgarian Choir, so that certainly seems like a step towards cultural variety to me. :smiley:
Besides, just because someone’s discography is full of a certain kind of music doesn’t mean they aren’t open to other genres.
For example: Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden has performed opera for The Queen of England, and has major respect for and a burgeoning friendship with Lady Gaga.
Don’t judge a book by its cover :wink:

1 Like

A fairly good point. I had made the assumption because so far all I ever had to go on was the music they already created. and alot of what the other users have shared on this forum didn’t seem like good examples to me. While I still remain skeptical you have peeked my interest.

1 Like

Understandable. Better to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than to have high expectations only to have them crushed.
I think I’ll remain optimistic. It’s what I do best :stuck_out_tongue:

How would you guys picture them using these type of music for each character?

• Vampire/Christ organ music
  • Bollywood Indian music
  • Mexican/Spanish-Flamenco music
  • African music
  • Celtic violin music
  • Scotland bagpipe music
  • Jazz saxophone/trumpet music
  • Piano music