Injustice 2

Like the young justice one…

1 Like

That and Gotham…

0_0

You actually liked him? Noooooo…

Never heard of him.

Ah yeah, good reason for it. Point is, others deserve more flak than Jared did.

1 Like

This isn’t about “But other versions were worse”… Don’t make a comparison to excuse Leto’s bad performance. Yes, it could be worse, but that doesn’t make Leto’s Joker good.

Dirt doesn’t taste better just because sh#t tastes worse.

1 Like

Well, we can go on forever. My comparison wasn’t to justify anything. I liked his performance and found it enjoyable. No matter what, matters like this are entirely subjective. Such is the life of a fanbase.

It is what it is, I hate “evil” Supes because the idea of him turning evil from killing someone is asinine. But it’s a different approach that I understand, just not a fan. But, my point is that it is subjective. That said, I still don’t understand why it was “awful” in every regard. I could understand bland or mediocre but why awful?

That’s true, but the majority, both fans and others, agree that it was bad.
Glad you enjoyed it though. ^^

I don’t care about what the majority agreed on dude. Just curious why you thought it was bad? You.

Leto character is not the Joker. Is a stupid regular mon with face painting

His preocupation and obsession with Harley is ridiculous, Joker cares more about his relationship with Bats than Harley, who is not more important than his favorite knife.

He barely laughs(only where it’s ackward and unfitting), he doesn’t makes jokes, he is not obsessed with Batman, his appearance it’s RIDICULOUS, even for him(oh god, the metal teeth…), and his only ability is making everything ackward, like when he offers Harley to a mob boss(0 fucking sense, that’s not how Joker works )

Leto is a disgrace as Joker, I hope he never repeats the role.

And related to Injustice, the less “Leto” is the Joker, better

3 Likes

Superman didn’t become evil by killing the Joker.
He killed the Joker, because he tricked him into killing Lois and their unborn son.
And in his rage and sorrow, all he could see was that villains like the Joker should never be able to walk free. They needed to be controlled or killed. And everyone opposing this were a villain or a villain-sympathizer in his eyes, like Batman.

Regime Superman became a broken man because of what happened. Understandably so. Because with all his superpowers, he is still just a man, with emotions and vulnerablilities. All hope and faith in others faded immensely.

That’s SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING than the Mary Sue character he is otherwise always portrayed as. He’s not perfect, he’s not supposed to win all the time, and he can be broken down and changed if his weaknesses are exploited. The Joker couldn’t break Batman’s will, but he could break Superman’s and he knew exactly how.

2 Likes

Yikes, some passionate Joker opinions in here! My initial impression of Leto’s Joker was pretty much “wtf?” But having seen the movie, it’s a different take on the character mired in a pretty mediocre movie. I understand why people don’t like it. But at the same time, no one wants to see Jared Leto trying to be Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger (or Mark Hamil). It’s always challenging to take on an iconic role. He has a take on it that you may not like. But I give the guy credit for doing his own thing. It does occur to me, though, that his version makes you uncomfortable every moment that he is on the screen. Which is not a terrible idea for this character. And you don’t really know how much ended up on the cutting room floor.

1 Like

Makes sense. It was practically edgy, different, and well a new take from the norm. I liked that they attempted to play it different instead of safe, which was enjoyable for me, but certainly left a room to be desired.

It reminded me of the new Dante from DMC. It was enjoyable and a new take, but I guess I can see why it would offend fans of the original. Well… I’ll go back to my preferred fanbase. Where I am not attacked.

Not trying to cop-out here. But, I was mainly referencing the Justice League animation where Supes kills Lex Luthor who plans to destroy the world unless Supes physically stopped him. I hated that because it forced Superman into a predictable and senseless situation that wasn’t really warranted. Then he immediately became Evil Superman because he understood that in order to save one, he had to kill many.

As for Regime Superman, I understood that he was broken, which usually comes in the form of Lois dying (referencing the 1978 Superman) where he freaking reverses time & space (talk about being OP). I liked that they went as dark as to include an unborn child that was also killed. To see that would break any person.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Boy-Scout Supes, its a representation of unbreakable will and the personification of good. But with such a thing comes the consequences of boring, bland and uninspired. Which is why I personally prefer Henry Cavill’s interpretation in Man of Steel, as he expressed the fact that he did not want to kill, but to save someone he did it. Moreover, it didn’t change his character like it did in the animated series. Essentially, it reformed his character without breaking him. Injustice does a good job of portraying an alternate version of the boy-scout in blue and makes his aggression becomes the ultimate question of the trolley philosophy.

I’m actually quite interesting how it will play out in this installment of Injustice with Kara meeting Kal not on a superhero level but personal and psychological, to think of their people of what they intended for them. To see why Zod failed and why his vision was blinded in hatred. Ahhh… I’m so stoked. Anyway, I hope by the end of it, Supes comes to his sense and gives up his right of a superhero like Bucky did for Cap. At some point, I hope his blinded rage wares off so he sees the damage he’s caused.

I’m just so excited about how suoerman and most of the human men look o amazing features are impeccable

i would actually like to see a broken superman kinda like Luke from the new star wars that ran away from his duty because of his guilt and brokenness. completely giving up on what it means to be a hero.

instead the superman we got in injustice still thinks he is the chosen hero almost to the point of narcissism. its like he doesnt think he is broken but everyone around him is broken for not thinking like he is. which kinda ruins the whole broken man consumed by rage and sorrow.

i kinda wish superman either ran away entirely and gave up being a hero or created the regime KNOWING every single thing he did was evil and bad and shows it outwardly but did it out of necessity/fear. instead of ■■■-hole superman

1 Like

The problem with this is that a well-adjusted Superman, in reality, would be a hell of a lot harder to “break” than the psychopath that is Batman. In the real world, damaged brutalized people are not mentally “tougher” and they are much easier to manipulate than people who aren’t traumatized at a young age.

But, oh right, it’s a comic book. So all of this analysis is a little bit overwrought.

i guess the age old adage of “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” bit isn’t true then huh

Maybe in theory, but the Joker made Superman kill the woman he loves and their unborn son.
The Joker has never done anything like that to Batman, most likely because Batman makes sure to not have such relations with people that could be exploited. He almost broke when the Joker “killed” Jason Todd while he was Robin.

That’s why Batman makes sure that the people he bring close into his life are capable of defending themselves. Lois was “just” a normal woman, she wasn’t a superhero. She was tough, yes, but still just a normal person.

And do note… The Joker didn’t kill Lois Lane. He made sure Superman killed her with his own hands. So many villains have tried to kill Superman time and time again, but the Joker was the one who did the worst damage to him. A fate worse than death…

Okay, hold up now. Are you guys saying that overall Batman essentially became a psychopath and Superman, in turn, essentially became a sociopath? Is that what happened to these two superheroes basically? :confounded: :confused: