Injustice 2

I have yet to preorder it. Been saving for CEO. I’m gonna enter in Injustice 2 there. Gonna try and be a damn good Robin :smiley:

can’t wait to test my poison ivy against your Robin!

I’m getting it for Xbox though. You’re getting it for PS4, right?

1 Like

So they won’t have crossplay? Oh, too bad.

Extra notes, looking at Ivy’s gameplay with swamp thing, she seems to play a bit like Kan Ra and has a bit of mileena influence which is good

Looks cool.

And yeah, no crossplay. You would think we’d have it by now since we can cross play games with PC already like Rocket League, but companies like to compete with each other.

Maybe one day.

I kinda wish that all titles could be played on all consoles. To me, console exclsivity is like having to buy a specific brand of DVD player to buy specific movies. It just seems silly to me.

Yeah, but you have to think about that the exclusives are part of the selling points. Halo is Xbox’s baby, its money maker. If it were available for all consoles, they’d not only have to adapt it for the other consoles, the studio that made it would probably make less money. Why buy an Xbox for Halo, if you could get it for the PS4? Who makes money off of a Microsoft property on a Nintendo console? It’d just be confusing. Not saying it’s impossible (I mean Sonic the Hedgehog moved to Nintendo after the Dreamcast, and when Sonic Heroes came around, it was on Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft consoles). It’d just be difficult and kind of defeats the purpose of what the game promotes for its home.

I think, the ideal system is that there is only one console. An industry standard that everyone agrees on. And all games are just on that.

Nah, competition is healthy. It pushes the companies to become better and better, to outdo their rivals. It inspired creativity and peshes development forward.

And console exclusivity, though yes it sucks, also pushes their own products forward and gives you a reason to buy them. I do wish KI was on PS4 though, as I simply prefer that system. If it was, I would most likely still play it.

Crossplay between systems on the the same game should be a standard though.

3 Likes

Than why aren’t there certain movies that can only be viewed on certain brands of DVD player. Why is that rediculous, but it is ok for video games.

Well DVD’s do sort of have a region lock thing going on.

That restricts content to be viewed in different areas of the world. Games have that too. You can’t play a British game on an American system. Same thing as DVDs.

I’m with the above. all game consoles should simply just be a hardware wrapper around alpine Linux with their own custom interface.

Still difference among consoles as far as performance, UI, and other goodies (like community apps that are shipped with it), but there’s no reason a game that runs on one can’t run on another, so long as it meets the performance specs.

…but assuming my dream of cross-compatibility nirvana doesn’t come to fruition in the next 20 days, I’ll be getting the game for both XONE and PS4.

I just wish they weren’t so dang expensive. I’m the kind of person who’s have all of them if i could afford it. That’s why i wish it were this way. That way I wouldn’t have to spend thousands of dollars just to play all of the games i want to.

Let’s get back on topic, guys…

2 Likes

I would be happy just to get a Beta code. I have been watching my email everyday for 2 months and have not received anything.

Pretty sure they aren’t doing beta stuff anymore.

Yeah, the beta ended and they are not doing another one. The game comes out in like, 4 weeks. Just be patient.

Good to know thanks. I guess i didn’t make the cut. I just am go back and forth on if I want to buy it or not. I am hoping that it has a nice single player story like MKX has.

1 Like

If what you are worrying about is story mode I would be very comfortable suggesting that Injustice 2 is going to have a story mode at least as robust as MKX. The first game did and they’ve been running these trailers showing the plot elements. So I think you’re good on that.

1 Like