Injustice 2

I agree with Marvel has a lot of cool characters other than the X-Men.

… DC though? I kinda liked Teen Titans from the show as a kid, but otherwise I have yet to see a non-Batman character I thought was cool. Maybe Atrocitus, but from what I’ve seen, I only like his Injustice portrayal.

DC is maybe more than Batman, but the Batman characters are more popular overall for several reasons. One of those reasons, however, is recognizability… Even non-comic book fans knows about Batman, Robin, Joker, Harley, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Penguin, Two-Face etc, because they have been exposed to them one way or the other.

People know Superman, but his rogue gallery not so much, maybe other than Lex Luthor. People know about Wonder Woman, but has the same problem as Superman. SOME people know about Green Arrow and Flash because of their Netflix series, but it’s a minority.

DC are trying to do something about it though with their movies and such, but as it is now, you can show Injustice 2 to a stranger and they won’t recognize 80% of the roster, but they will probably know who Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman is, and then the other Batman characters…

So being annoyed at people wanting Batman characters in a DC game is just self-destructive, because it’s not people’s fault for not knowing all the other DC characters!

I get that, to me though, the Batman characters are the most boring. Especially as characters in a fighting game. Beyond what we’ve already gotten, what would we get. Penguin, guy with an umbrella and windup penguins. Two-Face, guy with guns. Azreal, Batman with a sword. Compare that to characters we could be getting like Metamorpho, Red Tornado, Beast Boy, John Constantine. Those are all strange and unique characters that would make for play styles you could only get with that character. To me, that’s when you get a wasted slot in a fighting game. When you have a boring or samey character taking the place of a unique one. And as a DC fan, I don’t like the amount of Batman we get when almost any other character in DC Comics is cooler than him. Don’t get me wrong, I like Batman. But he’s too popular for his own good. When other characters are just as interesting and have cooler more interesting worlds to play with, and people still default to a lunatic in a bat costume punching out serial killers, just because of random exposure from crap shows in the 60s and junk movies in the 80s. It really gets me steamed.

Again, blame DC for not giving enough exposure to those unique characters.
People know and love Batman… you might not, and that’s okay, but getting angry at people who do and want to see those characters in the game… that’s focusing your anger at the wrong target.

Ok. I will redirect my rage. I just hope NetherRealm can see the right path for character inclusion in DC games.

Also, if you want cool non Batman DC shows, start in the same place I did. My initial DC exposure came from Young Justice and Batman: The Brave and the Bold (don’t let that title deceive you, the show was basically Batman interacting with the wider DC world and was barely set in Gotham. Heck, Gorilla Grodd was the most featured villain).

Watched it, still waiting for season 3. :wink:

It’s coming. We just have to wait for the app to launch.

1 Like

All I want is Killer Croc / Leatherhad skin for Bane…

Lol
“This town’s not big enough for the both of us, see…”

Special Moves

Umbrella Shot- gun is concealed inside umbrella (meter burn gives extra shots)
Cigarette Stab- quick twirling sidestep to end in burning puncture (meter burn twists cig in deeper)
PotBelly Dash- rushdown of quick footsteps ending frames are huge potbelly collision (meter burn slides both ways with launcher)

Character Power - Homing Penguin Bomb Drone (long cooldown)

Super

Looks Like Rain- (Penguin Summon)

Gear Moves

Chute Drift- floating evasion (uses both slots)
Air Umbrella Shot
Penguin Slide- He himself, a self-made projectile unsafe on block (uses both slots)
Puddle Puddle- containment move (Penguin stabs ground with umbrella and creates puddle that captures opponent)
Target Practice- Kilgore inspired bullseye from umbrella point edge
Umbrella Boomerang- slings umbrella that recovers in hand

3 Likes

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Clayface could have an interesting moveset?

1 Like

Clayface could be a lot like Twelve from 3rd Strike. He could have a move that temporarily turns him into the opponent. He could work as a big Dhalsim zoner.

Yea…I may play Deadshot and Fate but I don’t think there should be any more zoners :expressionless:

1 Like

Injustice 2: Zoners Edition

1 Like

I would do clayface in a similar manor to Venom in the MvC series. I don’t really know how to describe his play style, but he dose a lot of the same things I picture Clayface doing in a fighter.

1 Like

Isn’t that just the regular game?

4 Likes

I could see Clayface working similar to Double from Skullgirls, where every attack has him turning into different objects or characters in the cast (like hammer fists for heavy attacks, turning into Batman to do a low slide, turning into Bane for a command grab, etc). He could be a balanced-type character where he has a little bit of everyone’s moves but twisted into crazier variants, basically look like a clone character but in reality his moveset would be unique from the rest of the roster.

If that’s what you decide to do with Clayface, then in my opinion AMAZO fits that role better and keeps the roster more DC diverse.

Gonna be honest, I actually forgot Amazo was a character in the DCU, the last time I saw him was years ago in Young Justice (and from what I heard he was super nerfed in that show compared to other appearances). Main reason I thought of those ideas for Clayface was because in the shows he was constantly turning into other people to either hide or ambush other characters, but now that you mention it Amazo would do the whole “super clone” angle better justice.

Especially sense he can actually copy characters powers while Clayface just shape shifts. Sure he could copy animations and physical attacks, but that’s it. It wouldn’t be worth the extra programming it would take. I still stand by Clayface having a Venom-esque playstyle though. He could be interesting.

2000 source crystals for Xmas…
lol
#Useless

1 Like

It actually gave me just enough to hit a 5000 amount… but i agree if you dont have any crystals its kind of useless. A good bait to get you to buy another 5000 and still be left over with 1000 so you have to buy more and the cycle continues LOL