Injustice 2

Probably his elbow drop.

Thanks for all your replies! This is the last question I wanted to ask.

Why is zoning so frowned upon in this game. I canā€™t play Deadshot (my favorite villian, even before the crash that was Suicide Squad) without being told Iā€™m cheap etc, etc. What do you want me to ignore my greatest strength or something. Itā€™s not spam cause I donā€™t only use one move to keep out, itā€™s their fault for being obvious and trying to jump it. Just roll you know, hell I use it for better positioning. Besides, a bunch of other people can spam at close range (Superman :unamused:) and no one seems to bat an eye. Itā€™s hypocritical it seems. Never have gotten this much hate since Kilgore used to be my main.

Either way, most people play so predictably that Iā€™ll eventually find a crack in their offense and just knock them alllll the way back. Seems dumb at timesā€¦

Sorry for the rant but Iā€™d like to know anyoneā€™s opinion on this.

Just ignore people that are complaining about your Deadshot. Heā€™s an annoying, pesky zoner meant to try your patience. Itā€™s just the way that heā€™s designed (along with his ridiculous mixups and invincible wakeup).

Zoning as a whole is frowned upon in this game (Iā€™m not a big fan of it either) because it slows the game down to a crawl and it heavily overshadows the movesets of characters that are good at zoning. Whenā€™s the last time any of you have seen a cool Doctor Fate combo in a competitive match that does big damage? The zoning in this game is too strong in my opinion. Why does every projectile in this game have to be super fast and cover the entire screen? I do not think there is one projectile in Injustice 2 that is legitimately slow without being a gimmick projectile (Doctor Fateā€™s ball moves slow but can be meter burned to stop it in place, making screen control even better) or is a projectile that is short range. It certainly doesnā€™t help that thereā€™s so much screen space in Injustice 2 that heavily favors zoners. Also, it helps basically any character because they can just walk back for seemingly forever without cornering themselves.

I had a match with a Harley Quinn the other day; I was playing Scarecrow, and I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to get zoned out by her. She has an answer for almost every situation, it seems. Straight gunshots, air gunshots that point down, cupcake bombs that cover a large portion of the screen, Bud & Lou trait attack which can lead to mixups at nearly fullscreen away, etc. Itā€™s not enough that she has one of the best F3ā€™s in the game, a long range low combo starter (Tantrum Stance), an amazing j.2, or a command grab that can be meter burned for damage over time. Harley Quinn combos are incredibly entertaining to watch and we get to see a lot of them in tournament, luckily, but against certain characters, itā€™s just best to zone.

I really wish they would shrink the screen space a little bit and maybe nerf the walk back speed of everyone so the game forces you to get into altercations every once in a while. Even with the annoying zoning, Injustice 2 is still incredibly fun to play a lot of the time. I just wish it was ALL the time.

1 Like

Just ignore them! I cant tell you how many Thunders called me cheap for putting Omens balls on the screen. Like why would I want to fight Thunder toe to toe? WHy would I walk into that trap just to make you happy? Uh noā€¦ Id rather chip away and make Thunder slip up.

Just ignore them

BTW- I get the same hate mail and speaker rage as I use SUpergirlā€¦ she is hated almost as much as Deadshot.

1 Like

I get the same hate from playing Green Arrow. To the point a person called me out, and said I couldnā€™t win a game without spamming.

I proceeded to beat him 7 times in a row after that, without using a single arrow :joy:

1 Like

Hey everyone, I have good news. Thanks to the inclusion of the Ninja Turtles and Black Friday, my dad has now bought Injustice 2 so I can play as well.

With that said, who do you guys think I would like? I played Joker in the last game and Iā€™m thinking about picking up Robin and Firestorm for obvious reasons (swords and Cinder lol). Is there anyone else you guys think I would like though?

1 Like

@DARKNIGHTSPIDEY has it right. Zoning in the Injustice series has always been extremely OP. In both games, top tier characters are generally zoners. Grapplers and rushdown characters are usually low tier. I.e. the accepted theory is Black Canary has 0 winning MUā€™s. Zero. Is that the playersā€™ fault? No, itā€™s NRSā€™s. As I always say, donā€™t hate the player, hate the game. But the ā€œvictimsā€ of zoners still want to complain to someone, and who else better than to the zoners themselves? The funny thing is, Inj2 introduced the dash roll, so every player has the tools to close the gap on zoners.

Honestly, youā€™d have to be an elite player w/ a grappler/rushdown (rushdown doesnā€™t even really exist in NRS, at least not in the same sense/style as other FGs) character to stand a chance against just an average-skilled player playing a zoning character.

I feel ashamed to say it, but itā€™s part of the reason Iā€™ve decided to main switch from Swamp Thing (my #1 favorite comic character) to Starfire (maybe a Top 40 DC character for me lol >_> but I do like a lot of DC characters, to be fair. I could probably make a legit Top 100 list). Black Canary and Cheetah/Vixen were my next choices, but they suffer the same disadvantage as Swampy.

Throughout my competitive life in video games and wargaming the past decade, Iā€™ve always played the #1 character/class/army, etc I wanted to, regardless of its standings in the tiers/meta. Just this year Iā€™ve recently learned to tweak what I play as to be more competitive while still not compromising my enjoyment of the character/class/armyā€™s fluff, flavor, etc. And Starfire easily satisfies that.

2 Likes

Robin & firestorm are flashy & awesome- were 2 of my first picks at launch.

you may like Harley Quinn if you like Joker, they seem to have setups and bombs/ traps -

Actually Hellboy or green lantern may also be a good choice. Black Adam if you like the extend a combo bit

Poison ivy is a definite recommendation if you want to see what great progress theyā€™ve done in movesets

2 Likes

Starfire is easily the most well-versed she has the right tools for EVERY situation

(And she looks darn good while doing it )

1 Like

arguably the most important aspect in all of thisā€¦ :smirk:

2 Likes

I will post my transformed to-date epic gear set Starfires here so far soon!

Hereā€™s fun shots from the pc mod YouTube vid lol

Starfire transformed gear loadouts

Since August, I transformed a lot of arms before I figured out how epic gear sets work & how rare source crystals are. I think I posted 6 costumes to date in September but sheā€™s evolved a lot since then.
Starfire gear didnā€™t drop that frequently, and if it does, legs and bodice are rarer especially in epic form.

With arms, I prefer either a bare arm with minimal swimsuit, short glove with medium suit cutouts, shiny gauntlet, or full long arm glove for a full body suit so it was easy to choose

This one I wanted as close to her default as possible with a simple boot . I donā€™t care for the second hairstyle in this epic gear set so I transformed it to the full hair with the shiny collar that changes color with each shader ( some shaders will have gold silver or even pink shiny collars) I hate the boot gear with the added ā€˜shortsā€™ all rubbery so I wait until I obtain a cropped open leg gear piece then save that for future transforming.
This is closest to her purple Titans coloring

The lower costume is my favorite because it looks so unique. The default pink color looks striking smooth with uninterrupted patterns and contrasts to the purple boots. I transformed the epic gear setsā€™ bulky kid flash bodysuit to the sleekest 80s vibe Starfire bodysuit (donā€™t really care for all the gems on her body except for her clavicle area)

This is one of the more powerful epic gear sets, I just transformed the suit to a more appealing simple design. I change their colors all the time but right now Iā€™m in a real silver shiny phase

The above white god costume while not a true epic gear set, is another favorite, I love how I got her look to as close as a full intergalactic goddess bodysuit as possible. The clingy shorts in the center have their purpose here, as I wanted a full coverage look- Beautifulā€¦ still have to transform the legs/ bodice so itā€™s not a full advantageepic gear set yet but looks great especially in the shiny/ monochromatic shaders. The boots shown and the epic wicked burning boots are the only boots I endure with the sticky rubber ā€˜shortsā€™ added to gear to please modesty fans

These bottom two are the Same set but transformed the duplicate epic gear bodysuit to another look and switch up the shader and viola get another feel. These boots also look really great in game with reflective panels and such they really give kory a galactic feel.

The only difference with switching duplicate gear will be the obvious level of points each piece has, one look will always have better point totals so Iā€™m constantly regenerating to try to get the most powerful loadout points

This lower one gives me classic Psylocke (first Xavier mansion costume) feel,and I transformed the default epic gear setā€™s head, suit and boots because of desired look

TLDR

4 Likes
2 Likes

What he says at the end is the best part.

The Bane one was my favorite.

Starfire epic gear multiverse ā€˜Lost Love ā€˜ is up for the remaining hour

3 epic gear rewards

Starfire clips from 'the judas contractā€™
I had no idea Starfire goes all Sailor Moon and manifests her costume lol

1 Like
4 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks this was kind of underwhelming. I thought he would move faster than he dose.

Iā€™m generally underwhelmed by his whole character. Heā€™s not exciting to me at all.

1 Like

This is exciting lol