Injustice 2

I know. Block button vs holding back. Run button vs a dash. X-ray vs super move. To me the heart of it is the same. The punches, kicks and movement is the same.

Most particularly an all-new SC sequel AND more specifically a Soul Calibur 6 :grin: :smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Not even these.
MK has Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Kick, Back Kick, four button fighter. Injustice has Light Attack, Medium Attack, Heavy Attack, three button fighter with a “gimmick” button for each character.

They both fight on a 2D plane, but so does Street Fighter and KI, but they all move vastly different.

The things MK and Injustice have in common are:

• The combo system where all characters have some premade combos you can use.
  • MKX also got Stage Interactions after the first Injustice game.
  • Story Modes, Arcade Modes, Tower/Multiverse mode with interchanging challenges (but still different from one another).
  • Intro dialogue between characters before fights.

That’s about it, really.

2 Likes

I ended up getting Starfire to 20 on the second day she came out, she’s actually pretty fun because of her flashy moves. Her personality is also very bubbly and cute which is a nice change from Supes lol

I’m still on the hunt for Subzeros hair/mask headpiece, no luck yet.

1 Like

I guess the way I see it is if you play one of them, then you have a good idea how to play the other one. I am sure if it was exactly like MK, people would raise he’ll and call them lazy.

I was just pointing thing out like if you could do a meter burn combo in MKX, then you chances of doing one in injustice 2 are really good.

One of the reasons I call it an MK testing game is because MK9 didn’t have transition stages. Injustice 1 had them, then MKX gets them. MKX had the start of character variations. Injustice 2 has the one character, but you pick what abilities you want, also added at gear system with stats. MK 11 will have some of this newer things in it’s game. I would bet money that it will have some gear system with stats, amd abilities for the characters. I bet they do away with the 3 different versions of each character.

Not trying to fight. Just thought I would better explain my thinking.

My goal is the abilities. I am happy to notice that now I can get 3 to 4 new abilities a day now. I am wanting Sub Zero puddle freeze, the Staff of Grayson, and Cat Call.

I should have all the abilities in under 2 weeks.

Don’t worry, I’m not fighting you, just questioning your reasoning and conclusions on this, trying to understand them as I disagree for the reasons I have already stated, and the ones below. Friendly debate. ^^

You say “the way I see it”, but have you actually played both games to make this comparison? Because if you have, then I don’t understand how you can come to this conclusion, as they are so clearly not played the same way.

But you can do that in Street Fighter and KI as well. Does that mean they play the same way?

Oh, Injustice is definitely a franchise where NRS are testing out some new stuff. However, The MK team, even before NRS was a thing, has ALWAYS tried out new stuff in Mortal Kombat to see what works and what doesn’t work, and then they take the stuff that works and puts it into the next game. Same with MK and Injustice. And because Injustice is a new franchise, they can go a bit crazy with some stuff, and again, if it works, it might be in the next MK game as well. Such as the Stage Interaction.

That doesn’t mean the two games play the same though.

I really loved the dark nature of MKX and I loved the forward-thinking character select little things like the variations / character viewer very slick. THe X-rays were a bit much for me, as you have to wait a while through them but I loved that you could customize your character y choosing your variation

This is the age of choice

This is the age of “Wallet Warrior” gaming, or nickel and dime gaming. Let’s make a game with 25 characters, but offer 100 skins for each character at 5 dollars each. The game sells for 60, but there is close to 400 is things to buy, and they aren’t done. I can’t go with the idea of "that is what gives us updates and pays for servers. That is what the game sale is for. They just want to make as much a humanly possible, so they “most game companies” have just started flooding the games with all this crap to buy, and at the same time make the in game way to get it impossible.

Sorry. I just hate the way it is going. I don’t mind paying for a major update here and there, but all this tiny microtransaction crap that all these game are starting to use makes me sick. The only things that Injustice doesn’t have is some loot box for sale.

1 Like

If you want to know the truth, yes I fell that SF and KI play in a similar way. Both use qcf/qcb/fb/BF moves. They both have some sort of meter that makes a special move even stronger. KI just uses a combo break system due to part of the game revolving around high numbered combos. SF doesn’t need one because there combos don’t go that high. A 10-12 hit combo in SF is impressive. A 10-12 hit combo in KI is sad. That kind off combo in KI would be like doing a basic hit into special in SF.

What I am saying with injustice 2 and MKX is that the movements are the same. DB/DF, FB/BF and sometimes DBF/DFB. The way you do the combos is also the same. You put the whole combo in at the start. Not like KI or Tekken when you put the next move in while the first one is hitting.

Oh, you mean the button inputs for special moves!
When you wrote “movement” I assumed it was as in moving around on the screen. XD

My bad. Sorry about that. Yes I meant movement controls. Not general move around the screen. Does that help clear up why I think the way I do? Or at least some of it?

I forget that they are called imputs now. I am use to calling them “moves”

No no, you are absolutely right on that front.
But hey, Capcom fighters share the same button inputs as well. Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, all the VS games etc. all have the “Quarter/Half-Circle-Forward/Back + Attack” kind of inputs
 and funny enough, Killer Instinct has those as well, but instead of charge characters (holding a direction for a few moments, then another + an attack button) they do kinda the same style as NRS fighters with the quicker “Back, Forward + Attack”.

The hold back to charge is one reason I hate the SF AI. They don’t do that. I love Playing Blanka “so much that I named my daughter that :smile:” I hated that I need to charge my ball, but the AI can do 3 in a row with no charge. This is why I like the KI AI so much, It doesn’t do anything that a human can’t do. When it does happen they fix it.

I beg to differ. The KI AI has pulled plenty of shenanigans in my experience.

Don’t get me wrong I have seen some in KI. The one hit shadow counter comes to mind. I would let the one hit shadow counter go if I see one human player do it, or to know a person can do it also. It is still no where near as bad as the SF AI. The SF AI will do a back charge move while walking forward. I know that can’t be done by a human no matter how good they are. The perfect timing of the AI in Injustice 2 is a close second to SF. It will take a life bar and not make one mistake. My own AI drops combos, but the Vs “the AI you face” doesn’t act that way at all.

To be fair, the industry has evolved a lot but the price of games has remained nearly identical. The average consumer wants high quality, content-intensive games for the same $60 price that they used to pay years ago. That just won’t fly in the current market, and with mobile F2P games taking off, the console market was bound to jump on the wagon to make as much money as possible. You can hardly blame them, ■■■■■■ tactic as it may be. Some cooperation between the two parties, like “raise the prices a little but take your time and give us a good game that we can sink into for a while” would be nice.

2 Likes

I’ve never minded dlc as long as it’s worth buying.
I’d have NEVER bought ultimates pack.

I think companies deserve their money for creating and designing worthy content.

It’s when it’s half- baked crap that someone expects somoeone to pay for that is jaw-dropping.

Injustice2 earns it in my own opinion

The 60 dollar version off most games now is just the basic one and that is fine. I just have a problem when they sell $100+ versions and still leave things out to sell. I just want the companies to do the DLC things like Bethesda did. When Fallout 4 came out the DLC was 30. They decided to make more DLC. And the price of DLC went up to 50, but for the people who bought it at 30 still got the new dlc items. They were not charged another 20, because they decided to make more that planned. This is what I want. I just want a version for sale that includes evrything. If it sells for 120 then fine, I just don’t like when I pay 100 for a game they have them try and sell me another 400 worth of skins, and crap. Making it impossible to get it in game doesn’t help. If these companies want to sell items fir the people who would rather just buy it, instead of grind for it fine. I had zero problem with NRS selling Brainiac for people who didn’t want to do the story.

Starfire: " you look the Toasty, as they say
"

:weary:

:notes:TOOAASSSTTYYYYYY

I need lavender arms of billowing fire! Must have that gear

1 Like