If YOU could make the ultimates

i really don’t think TJ’s ultimate is that bad. you know what it really needs though?

SCREEN SHAKE

like, on that last hit, there needs to be hella screen-shake, a huge hit effect, maybe like a really brief freeze frame of the punch actually hitting, and then it would honestly be perfectly fine. that final hit should feel like it has the might of a move like Ryu’s Metsu Shoryuken in USF4 (if we had to compare – EDIT: also, i just noticed that same move was already posted in this thread already, lol).

actually, i would go as far as to say more screen shake and brief “hard” freezes when certain actions happen would add a lot more oomph to all of the ultimates without requiring brand new animations. although Riptor’s doesn’t need any screen shake, it’s great as it is. Kilgore’s could use a TON of shake when the missile hits them both, too.

1 Like

That’s about the only thing they can add to it at this point.

I would love if Jago had an ultimate like Shagos but much less fierce. It would put his sword to great use and compliment his evil side.

1 Like

Yes bthe screen shake

I like when I win and the dropping bell causes the character to shake about

1 Like

Riptor

This would’ve been better if she missed the bite her opponent would get up thinking that their safe but then as soon as they turn around there’s a pack of riptors right behind, ready to feast, they jump and eat the opponent (of course you couldn’t see it) the main Riptor will rise her head up shooting fire.

1 Like

A simple fix for Combo’s ultimate would be to have the loser’s head get spun around backwards on the last punch. It would be simple, yet very effective conveying that the loser has been killed without being overly gory.

For Thunder’s ultimate, it’s okay as is, but I would’ve liked to have seen the loser’s body get blackened/charred by the lightning at some point before the closeup of Thunder’s face. Again, very simple effect that would go a long way conveying death without being gory.

For Maya, I would have the knives stab into her opponent’s back and lift them up high into the air. Then drop them to the ground.

Tusk’s isn’t bad, but I would prefer the impalement didn’t take place off-screen.

Fulgore’s ultimate would be great if it wasn’t just a recycled special move he already uses during a fight. I would make it better by having Fulgore grab his opponent and hold their face to his chest before he fires. That to me would be much more effective.

Like others have said, I would’ve had Riptor maul her opponent instead of the lame off-screen fire (there isn’t even a visible body in the flames! WTF!!!). It doesn’t have to be overly gory. Just her thrashing at the loser on the ground for a few seconds.

For Sadira, I would have her encase the loser in a web cocoon that hangs from the ceiling. She stabs at it several times. Then cuts them down.

1 Like

Basically like that but with the opponent in the air and jago shooting at them from below.

okay I read your post here. and as I said, I ahd no issues with mos tof these.

These ehre are my thoughts on Riptor and TJ specifically.

1 Like

That would actually work really well too conveying death without gore, and still remain in the teen rating.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but to me, several of the ideas that members have come up with are far more imaginative than what IG has done, and still seem to maintain all the parameters they need to stay within - no gore, little new asset creation and motion capture.

1 Like

[quote=“fuzzd0rk, post:26, topic:20293, full:true”]
For Thunder’s ultimate, it’s okay as is, but I would’ve liked to have seen the loser’s body get blackened/charred by the lightning at some point before the closeup of Thunder’s face. Again, very simple effect that would go a long way conveying death without being gory.[/quote]

Thunder’s actualy used to burn you in KI1

My concept for a redo of TJ combo Ultimate.

This

Into this

into this

1 Like

If I was making them…mmm…

Jago: for the most part it’d be the same but the opponent would be either burnt or a pile of ashes. Doing so would have it within the realm of what he used to do in 2.

Shadow Jago/Shago: show the final slice

Thunder: show the electrocution

Tusk: show the stab.

TJ: it would start with a series of punches like before however it would lead to an uppercut that makes the opponent fly really high into the sky. he would then jump up to meet them in the air and punch them in the head while forcing them back into the ground(kind of like evil ryu in SF4) however upon hitting the ground debris would fly upward and the opponents head would be in the ground.

Maya: show the stab

Fulgore:…good as is.

Kilgore: while I do like it its really weird how a character with no hands can hold the other in place. To fix this he would instead leap into them and use his full weight to keep them on the ground.

Sadira: the beginning was good but for the final part, I’m NOT going to say have the giant spider come, because that can still be patch into a stage ultra in the future(same with the giant squid in spinals stage) instead, switch the camera to a first person perspective showing the last thing the character see’s is sadira’s knife slashing the screen, then freeze framing that shot for the ULTIMATE text. honestly that hop away then crouch thing she does currently just looks dumb.

Riptor: impale the opponent with tail then throws them behind her into the ground. we then see a first person view of raptor chomping at their face 3 times before freeze framing on the fourth bite to ULTIMATE.

Aria: All 3 of her bodies become active at once, each attacking the opponent with their unique weapon. ending with a stab to the back from sword body.

Glacius: melts his body then wraps it around his opponent effectively drowning them in a bubble. whenever they attempt the escape he forms a hammer or mace or whatever other weapon and smacks them back into place, until eventually all movement stops, he then reforms himself to his normal form with a close up onto his face for ULTIMATE

Spinal: after a few slashes with his sword creates a GIANT skull that eats the opponent in 1 bite

Sabrewulf: Uses his superior speed to continuously zip past his opponent while slashing them. He then leaps into them knocking them into the ground while he remains on top, he growls for a moment before biting them in the neck. he then gets up and walks away.(yea I know its similar to sahadow jago, though its still fitting for sabrewulf so whatever)

Orchid: She summons a Fire Cat then transforms into the cat herself, both cats assault the opponent and the combined heat burns them.

Kan Ra: He wraps them completely in bandages(to the point where their model can’t be seen), a swarm of insects then attacks the attacks the opponent and flay away. the camera zooms into the bandages. and as the wrappings move away a mummified face is revealed.

Omen: think of an enhanced version of that super grab he does,

Cinder: grabs the opponent then starts flying in a circle high in the air. a flaming tornado gets created, and as the flames rage the opponent gets disintegrated.

Agaons: grabs the opponent and rolls into a ball, he then pinballs around the area and then launches into the air while still holding his foe. he opens up and falls back to the grand with his opponent for a body slam.

Hisako: She opens her mouth and sucks the opponent in kirby style(this ones meant to be goofy, also I didn’t want to be obvious and say she just breaks your bones like in her special)

Shin Hisako/Shinako: she dual wields the sword and the …scythe(I forgot its name) and proceeds to whoop yo @$S

Kim Wu: the 3 dragons attack the opponent biting them several times then hold them in place, she then does a powered up dragon kick to either the head or the chest(which would be her roughing your heart up)

Rash: He puts the opponent on his bike and the forces them through a portal that takes them to the biking section of battletoads where they eventually crash.(This is also meant to be goofy, but could take the dev team a bit longer to make as they would need sprites newly made for each character)

Arbiter: The flood come in and infect the opponent who then tries to attack him while infected, only to get gunned down killing both them and the attached flood.

General Ramm: won’t lie, I know nothing of gears of war, but one thing I thought of was the swarm flying int the opponent through their mouth, their body then moves unnaturally. Ramm the stabs the opponent and the swarm exist the body through the stab wound, This one might break the T rating so I don’t see it happening.

Mira: I really don’t want to say the obvious like she just drinks all the blood…um…oh I got it.
she points her hand at the opponent(like in her outro) and several tentacle like whips come out and impale the opponent, she then swings them around slamming multiple times, then just drops and walks away.

Gargos: he opens a portal above the opponent and an arcade cabinet of KI2 crushes them. He then fly’s up, turns to stone then lands on the cabinet.

Eyedol: Uses magic to seal the opponent in a meteor, then hits the meteor with his club like a baseball into space, we then see it fly towards the sun.

Mystery character: Last I checked they haven’t been revealed yet but I hope its Joanna Dark, If it turns out to be her I would like to see her toss a laptop gun(sentry mode) onto the ground, it will then automatically fire at the opponent, during which time she will pull out a remote mine and throw them at the opponent, in the original perfect dark game if you threw a remote/timed/proximity mine at your opponent it would stick to them. anyways she sticks them with the remote mine and when the laptop gun stops shooting she pushes the button then boom.

1 Like

Yeah that’s totally not gonna risk jumping the rating

1 Like

It shouldn’t since other T games have on screen stabs.

under normal circumstances it would have to be dismemberment. or multiple stabs with blood everywhere.

you’d be surprised at what you can get away with. I’ve played T games with cursing in it before.

Take Maya’s for example. It’s plainly obvious that that the blades went right through the eyes if not skull. Pretty sure the rating wouldn’t allow that. Keep in mind that this is the same T rating system that won’t allow Hisako’s blade stab to be shown through the back during her influence grab despite how subtle it is

Also T rated games with cursing, not something really newsworthy considering how common that is

1 Like
1 Like

I’m gonna guess that glacius’s ultimate involves a lot of shatter.

My bad I was thinking about spinal, they literally do the same thing

1 Like

Jago: I think I might clean up the earlier part, using hard punches and smaller DP instead of sword slices that don’t appear to land and the sword in hand uppercut. Maybe evendi his old jump kick to uppercut or laser sword uppercut from old KI to get the opponent in to the air. I’d also make the midair strike look more impactful, as that also doesn’t look like it really connects. But yeah, I love the mega endukoken, so I’d keep that 100%.

Thunder: I love his Ultimate. Only things I’d change are making the headbutt look more impactful /like it connects and more importantly, ratcheting the lightning at the end up to 11. Right now it looks kinda cool when I think tons more lightning would really add an awesome factor to it.

TJ: I like the setup, but the payoff could be better. Maybe he walks away as the opponent lingers a bit more, swaying, and he turns back, rushes in once more and uppercuts them, then walks away and the opponent doesn’t come down.

Either that or replace the last knockout punch with the uppercut, have him look up, waiting for the opponent to come back down, then nods and smiles, before right hooking the opponent in to the screen, causing several glass cracks and some light blood splatter. Maybe none. Whatever they can get away with.

Sadira: Same first part, with the webbing and what not. Only then have her point up to the webs and yell something. Cut to the opponent stuck in the webbing like before. Sadira spirals up to her web perch and the camera cuts back down to the opponent, where we see several glowing eyes open up from the darkness. The spider from her level lunges at the opponent as the screen tilts back up to Sadira, who looks at the camera and sneers.

That’s all I’ve got for now.

I know we’re all just throwing ideas out here, so please don’t take this as me being contrarian to that sentiment, but I did want to add one note here:

For people saying “show the death” or “show the stab” or whatever, they really, honestly, truly can’t do that. I remember one of the devs (can’t recall which, might’ve been Adam) saying that Hisako’s Influence throw almost wasn’t ambiguous looking enough for the T rating or for MS or something along those lines.

I don’t remember if it was because the naginata was originally coming out the other end or what. But either way, do you really think they’d show Tusk impaling someone with a giant sword or Maya’s daggers stabbing the opponent or Sadira slicing the opponent if Influence significantly pushes the boundaries of what they can get away with?

If you’d do things differently, no problem, everyone has their own taste, but try and at least throw out alternative ideas that are possible, otherwise you’re just forcing an unattainable goal on them and getting frustrated at them when they can’t meet it.

Don’t mean to bag on anyone. Just sayin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure how others feel about it, but for me personally, when I say “just show it to us” its because the franchise in the past has always shown it to us(yes I know today its M but back then it was T) and not just older KI but other T games over the years have shown it.

I recognize that its mostly ESRB’s fault that they can’t show certain things but that’s what upsets me about this.

Doesn’t it bother you or anyone else here that other games are allowed something but KI isn’t? Why does KI have to be treated differently?

Look at this.

You can clearly see the sword going all the way through.

and this.

someone tell me why a child can be stabbed and tossed into a bottomless pit followed by being eaten, but Tusk can’t stab someone. there’s even bloodstains where he got stabbed.

1 Like