If there is a third guest character

I don’t recall the exact source of the phrasing but he had implied that the bosses in KI were cheap, rushed characters and he just didn’t like them. Despite that fact they both managed to wind up having a pretty large following.

I know Eyedol is cheap, but I never beat him in my life… He’s very tough for me!

1 Like

I would love to see a guest character from the Gears of War franchise. As someone already mentioned Skorge would make amazing. He makes a lot of sense because of his chainsaw staff which is perfect for close combat fighting. The problem with Skorge, though… he is not as recognizable as RAAM. RAAM could use his knife, Kryll swarm, Troika and a enhanced grapples. Anyway, it would be totally hype to see either one of those in KI, especially considering Gears 4 will release later in 2016.

Skorge

RAAM

1 Like

super dupper op boss. Also recharges life while kicks the ground. Still a possiblity of a great new character.

1 Like

If 3rd guest happens I hope for RAAM or Skorge. RAAM for emotional reasons, skorge for looks.

1 Like

ik this might be kinda dumb to say…(although of course ita 99.7% obvious, its arbiter), we are kinda not sure if its arbiter just because, 1 they never officially said, 2 max’s youtube vid of the K.W trailer is title eith “halo tease”… which lead me to thinlk keits wants us to know the Next char is a halo character, and knowing keits he’s a troller, all and all tho its just a little theory of mine feel free to disagree… i digress , the 3rd guest char that i would want is scorpion, just because im liking how the guest chars are chosen , like 1 Rare Char, 1 MS Char, then 1 Third party char. as for the second question im fine with the 2 we have.

If we were going to get a Gears character I’d vote for Carmine, he’s goofy but his look is cool and he’d be an instantly recognizable character. Poor Carmine being teleported to another dimension and ripped apart by dinosaurs and demons.

2 Likes

There is a reason why time travel was removed from the story.

I’d definitely be down for Spawn.
His stage could be set in H.E.L.L ■■■■■ censoring) with a giant Malebolgia and other demons in the background.

For his intro he could come walking out of some type of hellish portal without his symbiot suit on and as he continues to walk, his suit forms around his body, finishing up at his face where he gets into his ready stance and his eyes pulse green, giving off cool looking energy trails.

For attacks besides standard melee attacks he could utilize his chains, maybe guns, energy beams, cape and possibly portals.

Another visual feature he could have could be that when he gets hit, his symbiot suite retracts in that area exposing his burnt skin.

(Click to enlarge the pics)
Normal Mode:

Instinct Mode:

3 Likes

Fine. KI takes place in the future.

At this point it feels like the chances for a 3rd guest are slim. I will always wish Joanna Dark made it to this game.

1 Like

I really don’t like Joanna Dark. She won’t appeal to many people who aren’t already KI fans. The guests for MK pick movie characters so non-MK fans who are kind of interested in MKX will be more enticed. I don’t see Jo Dark as a wise choice. I think there is a passionate core of old school N64 players who are active in the KI community and they would really love it. But I don’t think it would arouse too much interest in as many Xbox gamers as Skorge.

You guys think Skorge’s dash would be a Sprint like Spinal but instead he would do the Gears duck and run thing lol?

I would love it if KI added a bunch of guests myself. This character would be neat. I played the first Fable and it was enjoyable but not all that great. I always wished it would have turned into something better. Anyways, that character looks sick and appropriate too. I’d love to see him in if this was like Smash Bros. for KI but if we could only add one I’d give it to Skorge from GoW. I’d even prefer them adding a Spartan on top of Arbiter heeheehee.

1 Like

[quote=“MORDECA1, post:32, topic:4510, full:true”]
I really don’t like Joanna Dark. She won’t appeal to many people who aren’t already KI fans. [/quote]

I disagree, I spoke to a few friends who remember Perfect Dark and automatically realized she was a Rareware character like Rash, so it makes sense. That’s fine if you don’t like Joanna Dark as I do not like Arbiter. But I feel like she fits quite well into KI.

Two is enough for now. If they do a release in the off season like they did with the recent Shago update then I hope it’s Joanna Dark.

I don’t want to see a third guest. We have 2 guaranteed returning playable characters (Kim Wu and Tusk) one guaranteed returning but not guaranteed playable character (they’ve stated Gargos will be back, but not that he will be playable) and one questionable returning character (Eyedol might not return at all). We also have Rash and the Arbiter or another halo character as guests.

Assuming that Eyedol isn’t back and Gargos is playable, that’s 5 characters - more than half of what our current seasons brought individually. I would much rather see IG go nuts with visual and gameplay design to give us some more unique, canonical characters for the remaining 3-4 slots.

If we absolutely HAVE to have a third guest, I believe we need a Gears Of War character. This would not only bring in Gears fans, but would likely cost very little to MS (I assume they own the rights for the Gears series?) and could potentially serve as extra advertising for the new Gears of War game coming out this fall. Similar to how the Spartan character in Dead Or Alive appeared the same year that Halo 3 released.

Yeah that’s more of what I was getting at. No saying I want one, just theorizing who a third might be IF they’re already planning to do one.

I personally hope that the guests are bonus characters and not part of the main 8-9 characters we’re getting for season 3. If that’s the case, then sure, bring on the guests. Bonus characters are great. But if they’re taking up some of the 8-9 season 3 spots of possible IG-created canon KI characters, then I can’t say that I love the idea of guests and hope that there are as few as possible.

Granted, it’s probably a bit selfish on my part, as guests do have their fans and do help bring some of those people in to KI, thus expanding the audience. That’s a good trade-off from a big picture perspective, but as a KI fan, I’m always going to choose more KI characters over any other option when it comes to this game.

So that said, if we’re already getting a 3rd guest, I’d say: Joanna Dark

If I could have any three guests that I wanted?

-Raziel from Soul Reaver
-Kaim Argonar from Lost Odyssey
-Al Rashid from Mace: The Dark Age

If I’m being a bit more realistic about it and sticking to MS franchises…

-Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark
-Cortana from Halo
-Kaim Argonar from Lost Odyssey

The problem with a lot of the guests I’ve seen proposed is that I don’t see the double/triple benefit (being MS owned, bringing in fans of the Guest, and advertising an upcoming product) that Rash, the Arbiter, or a Gears character have, though this isn’t an exhaustive list and there may be other characters who fit these benefits.

The ones you’ve listed here currently have some problems, especially with regards to advertising something new for MS - I haven’t heard of sequels to any of the listed games other than Halo, obviously. The only current or upcoming game in the Legacy of Kain series is the multiplayer game Nosgoth - I don’t know of any others being worked on. I haven’t heard of anything resembling sequels for Perfect Dark, Lost Odyssey or Mace either.

Oh no, to be clear, those are purely my selfish “if I could have anyone that I wanted” list. I took nothing else in to account beyond character’s I’d personally like to see. So yeah in that sense, I’d agree 100% that many of these would be problematic. Does anyone else besides me want a character from Mace: The Dark Age? I tend to doubt it. :slightly_smiling:

So if we’re going for the hat trick of MS owned, brings in enough fans and advertising an upcoming product, I’d probably go with something more like this:

-Skorge from Gears of War
-Cortana from Halo
-The Agent from Crackdown

Maybe Crackdown doesn’t have a massive audience to bring to KI, but I don’t see any other Xbox One exclusives coming out in 2016 that have a huge built-in following yet. You could argue that people are pretty psyched for Quantum Break, but that gets a little iffy when you’re talking about reusing a real actor’s face for Jack Joyce in another game. Does MS simply own that character’s likeness “as that character” or would that be a problem?

The main character from ReCore could be a cool option as a sort of “monster trainer” type of character, but again, not a huge built-in audience yet.

Sorry, my initial post was a bit misleading as far as what I wanted. I kinda took a pie in the sky approach and just went with anyone I’d want to see as opposed to a more realistic approach, even though I said “realistic” in the second group. I only mean that in the sense that MS owns those IPs. I’d be absolutely dumbfounded if we saw Kaim Argonar in a game ever again, much less in KI.

Let’s be honest if there is a third guest character it’s almost certainly going to be from a MS owned IP, my opinion it would probably be Joanna dark because of just how much she’s requested and also she could fit in pretty well.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Joanna_Dark.png

If not my second guess would be someone from Gears of War, with Gears 4 coming out soon and being MS’s second most well known IP it would certainly bring allot of hype with it. If I had to choose it would be Skorge since he’s mainly a melee focused character.

1 Like