I still think Joanna would have been the "perfect" guest choice

Was this in the original game? Nuts and Bolts also had KI appear. Some sketchy dude would pull out KI 3 and try to sell you the “goods.”

1 Like

I was just thinking about this as I booted up Perfect Dark (im in the xbox preview program) the other day. I could very well see her in this game, as to how she would fight, well…I don’t know lol She’s a spy agent so maybe she can utilize a bunch of gadgets. I wonder how she would fit next to Orchid :stuck_out_tongue: Being that she was also a secret agent lol

She would fit perfectly if ppl think a battletoad fits and not her I don’t know what to think then

1 Like

If there were to be another guest character I could definitely see Joanna Dark as a possibility. I would be interested to see what they could do with her and how they would make her distinct from Orchid, since they both fall into the techy spy category.

1 Like

We’re getting at least 1 more. She was the 2nd most requested next to a battletoad so she’ll probably show up this coming Season.

Joanna is perfect she could be a permanent addition even. My second choice is Vela

The only thing I worry about with Joanna Dark is that she’s a femme fatale spy type character, and KI already has that in Orchid. Obviously Joe would probably use guns instead of… Glow clubs? Rave lights? Neon batons… um, mini light sabers? Whaterver they are!

Anyway, would love to see an updated design for her, would they go with the reboot or original or something completely different?

< Slides into darkness, like the wily mosquito >

Lol at the people saying Joanna is similar to Orchid. Orchid isn’t even a secret agent anymore, she is a gurilla warrior and is alway in your face. Joanna doesn’t seem like that in your face kind of character. Joanna has more than enough traits to differentiate herself from Orchid.

1 Like

Good points. I guess I’m still thinking of Orchid from the old games too. Still would love to see the design of Joe if they made her. I’m going to assume it will involve some type of… gun… yes…

< rubs temples from thinking too hard >

You have a good point

2 Likes

Investigating dataDyne’s dealings with Ultratech could make for an interesting story for Joanna Dark.

1 Like

In story mode in s2 I said orchid would have a ally of some sort I guess no other then Joanna dark wol ho would fit

dataDyne, having to tie up loose ends sparks a deal with mega cooperation UltraTech in which they engage in a heated debate about who will pay for each others lunch this week.

1 Like

Eveyone we have to remeber one thing

Orchid in ki 1 was an undercover spy.

In ki3 orchid is a freedom fighter shes not a spy shes a rebel and almost terrorist trying to bring down a company Eveyone thinks is amazing.

The spy side of orchid died a long time ago her fight has moved on from undercover to agressor… shes sarah Connor now guys.

Joanna would assist orchid so well because she is a spy

@Blasianman89 in so pleased you did boot up the old games. Pd0 and pd are perfect for ki i mean she even lands on the roof in pd in a very similar craft to the helicopters in orchids level.

For me this is a no brainer. The DNA is so simular your voulf swap assets and not even think twice

@BblackorchidD i hear what you say about smash and i agree on some leves.

Conker, banjo ,battle toads they are perfect for smash. But joanna is different she’s made from ki dna everything about her fits into the universe si seamlessly.

Joanna is exactly what we need in season 3. A charter that has Rare universe popularity and familiarity, while still being open enough to be able to redesign her combat into something special.

Its ok to extend the universe but while we have the options lets do it with the ones that really fit.

2 Likes

Thank you +1 on this

1 Like

TJ and Ultra Tech backdrop :smile:

Mayas jungle:

The pinical landing bay:

3 Likes

Such GREAT discussion, much more than the giggly atmosphere of the debs offices I’m sure.

I love the idea of a true spy, Joanna could be what Orchid was SUPPOSED TO BE or a fellow agent come to check on orchid the rebel guerrilla.

Guns and tracking devices bomb like cyrax from MK, Chris Redfield mvc3 style combat, as opposed to Orchids hiking adventure look

1 Like

I’ve always thought it very peculiar how some designers go to great lengths to fashion an buckle or fabric texture and belts etc., and then give a huge w tf on hair.

W TF

1 Like

You are so ■■■■■■■ godlike

1 Like

Haha cheers dude! They fit so well though!

No fighting
No forcing
No making up the lore
No filling the gaps

It jusy makes sense

1 Like