I Quit KI!

Because making fun of people who b#tch and whine is fun. Some of these things have been used as actual complaints by people who meant it for real… and we’re laughing at their faces, making fun of them and their ridiculous statements.

4 Likes

To be honest, I was expecting something dramatic when I entered this thread.

1 Like

The entire purpose of this thread is to use exaggeration and satire based completely on one’s imagination. I can’t warrant or justify satire used by someone who has similar illegitimate suggestions compared to that of someone who truly felt that way.

No one is directly laughing at someone as in most cases their overdramatic leave is forgotten, so I would assume they are based off their own thoughts. Again, most of us just find the most illogical and unreasonable suggestion and post it because it adds light to the bogus and negativity the devs have to deal with on a daily basis, this just makes it so we can come together and laugh about something that would normally create a hostile community.

Similar to the meme thread, I only hope that jokes remain as jokes and add humor that allows us to come together and have a laugh directed towards no one in particular.

Oh, I know what this thread was supposed to be. But it is what it is.

1 Like

I for one posted a spoof of the many complaints about guest characters

1 Like

Yeah I know you do, just saying that it was never intentional and should be immediately taken with a grain of salt. But, I hear you man.

1 Like

well everyone, the time has come for me to move on. im not gonna say any reasons why, because i feel it is my business, but im still gonna climb aboard this soapbox just to further gain attention and likes on my post and maybe even get a share on other forms of social media where it is quoted for truth! ok, whatever that may be i do not yet know because im not that witty as a person. but here is why i am quitting though i promised i wouldnt say why:

hisako, i think her possession command grab should get armor or at least eat projectiles so we can spit them out.doo hickey darn it heck (THATS RIGHT I SAID IT. DOO HICKEY) if its called “possession” why am i not in control of the other player’s character??? thats BS! it should be renamed! i should get control of their fighter so i can make him kick his own asss all over the arena for 10 seconds and maybe triple ultra himself.

i am so done with this dead game, i only get matches every 30 seconds in between and i cant even drink my o’doules beer! im gonna go back to rainbow streetfighter. ■■■■ you all, have a nice life.

6 Likes

Indeed, I would suggest that everybody in here double check your tone before you post to make sure there’s not too much sting in your jokes. We want to keep it fun, but not malicious.

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t advocate maliciousness. But why do we live in such a twisted world where WE all have to be careful not to offend ridiculous idiots by suggesting that they might be ridiculous idiots?

Anyway, as stated before I was a bit worried when the thread started but most of these are creative and hilarious.

I was actually more worried about someone using a thread like this to vent actual ridiculous complaints or unreasonable & insulting hate towards other members or the devs and turn the whole thing toxic.

Oh, no no, that’s not at all what I was implying. What I meant was that, yes, what people have posted here are just for the sake of pure sarcastic fun. But thing is, some of these things are also what other people have complained about and still are complaining about in other places. So this thread, though not meant with harmful intent, still promotes making fun of people who actually believes these things that people here make fun of.

Dunno if I’m explaining it well enough… but I hope you get the gist of it.

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to make fun of anyone in particular and I don’t think anyone here is trying to laugh in anyone’s faces. At least from what I can gather.

Yes, some of the complaints themselves come from fans the have a legit gripe, but what I see most people doing here is exaggerating already extreme opinions (as if quitting KI over some of this stuff weren’t extreme enough) as well as both the importance of certain things and their reaction to those things and stretching it out to such an extent that it becomes absurdity in and of itself, not because the original suggestion that something should be changed is, in and of itself comical.

Jago’s wind kick? I see why people disliked that nerf. But the idea of someone quitting KI AND waking up in the middle of the night because they had nightmares, screaming Keits Plz is absurd and to me, a bit humorous.

I didn’t mean anything mean by it. I was going for absurdity and maybe a few yuks, and if you took anything I said some other way, then my apologies.

This whole part here is glorious. Well played! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

While I will certainly agree that it’s courteous to take the feelings and opinions of others into consideration and that being kind and well meaning will get you a lot farther in life than being an assbutt…

There’s an old saying by someone who’s name I forget that there’s no such thing as a genuinely funny compliment. Most if not all comedy comes at someone or something’s expense. Prime examples would be slapstick, parodies, and roasts.

I think @Iago407 put it in the most tasteful way, though. Exaggerating opinions and actions into ludicrous extremes and doing it in a way that doesn’t actually hurt anyone or have lasting harm is why self effacement, friendly roasts, and violence as play work as comedy rather than insult.

Am I reading too much into this? :flushed:

2 Likes

That’s not what I’m saying either. XD
People should continue to have fun with this. But BHswordsman asked why it was so funny, and I just explained to him it’s funny because it’s fun to make fun of people.
That’s what stand-up comedy is all about, after all… and people love that!

But it’s not people we are making fun of, it’s the idea. I mean come on, Bob Parker as an announcer makes me quit? That doesn’t even fathom the idea of someone being made fun of just that the thought of something so negative become so humorous.

I don’t know but really that’s all I can add to the controversy of this post.

2 Likes

This thread pops up a few days after real people have made real threads about really quitting KI…
Come on…

Ok, I’m done…again…Ranked is broken. I mean, here I am going through the lower ranks…again…this last time by choice…and I’m not just being set on over in Killer. Why am I having to fight all these scrubs over & over? To show them my superior triple Ultra finesse? They’re lame, and not really a challenge. I mean sure I’m only 19 points away from Killer and I’ll probably just walk through the qualifying match like everyone else does, but still, I shouldn’t have to put up with this. And to top that off, the net code is too good. I’m used to choppy online sessions. All this smoothness is breaking my game. I’m out. Any true fan would join me.

2 Likes

Okay so I’m not crazy. Phew! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

GUYS! I AM QUITTING KI because the shadow lords gamemode says lord. HOWEVER there is only one shadowlord in the game and his name is GARGOS! I AM SOOOO DONE XD

4 Likes