I find it amazing that fulgore got better while everyone was normalized while he was already in a tier of his own in season 2 SMDH

Yeah basically, you almost always want to make sure to use his instinct in the first lifebar. I wouldn’t say his instinct is top 5 though, it does nothing but speed up your reactor speed. Something that can be pointless if you already have it up and also something that doesn’t provide anything immediate, like double fireballs, webs, cancels, etc. Over time it’s pretty good because it allows you to get that resource you’re so heavily deprived on if you’re not on offense. But as a fun fact Tusk gets to cancel his specials in instinct as well but doesn’t have to spend shadow on it and he can do it instantly after popping instinct. So yeah, you’re right you want to makes sure you use it, but I don’t see it as amazing. It just doesn’t have the wow factor of oh crap now the match completely changes while instinct is on like so many other characters, it’s more like oh sweet he can shadow counter now.

You don’t consider the movement/dash buffs with higher shadow stock as an instantaneous benefit? I agree that it isn’t as flashy as many other characters’ instincts, but I think it’s very very strong when you add up the various parts.

With higher stock sure. But it’s not instantaneous as you say. You’re assuming I’ve used no shadow for the match and I have a decent amount of pips to start. If this is not the case than I do not instantaneously get those benefits. Full pips his backdash is amazing, best in the game probably. But if you want to keep that you can’t shadow counter, use shadow in combo, pip cancel etc.

Like I said you have characters who pop instinct and the match changes instantly. Don’t let jago touch you or else he’s gaining health, spinals skulls that bounce, free chunks and peacekeeper for aganos, webs, Orchid crazy cat pressure etc. Fulgore, it’s much more meh than any of those. I don’t think you can find much video content, Jayslick, Nicky NS, Rico where they pop instinct on him and suddenly the match takes a massive turn.

no matter how much pressure your opponent puts on you except ofcourse spinal, u can pop instinct at some point during the first life bar and get full pips

He does get a 1 pip charge in instinct.

and lets not forget fulgore can charge during instinct, to gain pips at an insane rate !!

@Sasuke99I and @EMPERORNIMROD I did not know that.

I do remember he used to have a specific charge move, but I believed that was taken away completely. I don’t think I’ve seen a Fulgore use it since, though I might not have been paying enough attention and just missed it. I guess he does have something which can be wasted from his Instinct, then.

fulgore has the best instinct in the game for me because he is basicly guaranteed to use it to its full potential every match except against spinal. jago fireballs are good but u have to open up your oppoent and if u dont use it in the first life bar , u basicly cant use it at the start of the second. and this basicly goes for all the instincts . most instincts in this game are very rarely used to their full potential. thats what makes fulgores the best

i feel fulgore should no longer increase his spin speed in instinct, he should be forced to charge in instinct

So make his instinct useless in defense?

everyone else has to do something skill based to benefit from their instinct in season 3, why should fulgore be different??? so when fulgore is abt to die on his first life bar he pops instinct then gains almost full pips in between rounds .thats so cheap. he should be forced to create openings/setups where he can charge and use his instinct like everyone else.

Let’s see the effects of each instinct. They all can be used in a certain way. Jago gets the olus games as a buff and regen as an ability. Wulf gets Feral cancels which are amazing. Glacius gets armor and a very fast way to travel the screen. These can be used regardless. Fulgore with his charge only in instinct basically renders his instinct useless and counter productive to his gameplan. Increasing his spin speed.

I don’t think it needs to go as far as forcing him to charge manually to gain the extra pips, if it ever became determined that a nerf was needed to his Instinct (and I’m not saying that is the case, just spitballing) I think making the charge pause during the between-round knockout phase (only if Fulgore is the one who is downed) would counteract the “free” or “cheap” element without heavily damaging the character.

Fulgore’s instinct is fine. He gets a long-term passive benefit and no short term benefit. He doesn’t really gain any new tool to help him if he’s getting bopped in a matchup, like most other instincts do.

It’s good because you can never “waste” it (although, you kind of can, if you pop it when you have nearly full meter and can’t find a way to spend beam), and activating it at almost any time is probably a good idea. But it’s not good enough to overwhelm your opponent in the way a S2 Wulf or Sadira instinct is.

thanks for sharing your opinions on this thread , but i was honestly wondering what you think about fulgore and balance in season 3?? dont u think like i do that fulgore sits pretty in a tier of his own above everyone else and deserves to be toned down to be in line with the rest of the cast??

Fulgore is really good in S3. Probably a top 3 character. Game is too new to say anything else, but he is clearly very strong.

thanks a lot for enlightening to community!! we are so lucky to have you!! have a nice day!!!

His instinct does give you meter yes, but that’s all it gives him. As far as top 5? I dunno about that… His instinct doesn’t directly sway a match or in any way shape or form change how he plays. TJ gets speed, Jago gets frame advantage, Shadow Jago gets cheaper shadows, Sabrewulf gets basically a ton of free unsafe turned safe moves in neutral, and so on. There are a lot of instincts that do a lot more and without meter can help them turn the match around. Fulgore with meter is scary but, with or without instinct his options are still the same. Basically, unless you’re at high pips, when you get instinct you use it. There is no reason not to. Not like Jago where you can save it and gain 40% HP, or TJ save it and get revived.

I don’t think his meter should stop generating between rounds either. In most cases, just about anyone in the cast has access to more meter overall than he ever could hope to. Mostly because he has to generate his spin speed at the start, and try and keep building it. Someone else can block a few moves and oh hey I have a stock now. Fulgore under pressure will have nothing to work with unless he had some to begin with. It’s part of his design and I don’t see any reason to change it. Otherwise if that gets changed, Cinder’s flames shouldn’t build potential damage mid round, Hisako’s wrath meter shouldn’t refill mid round, they are the few situational cases where something out of the norm is allowed. He gains at the most 1 pip and part of another anyways from the round carrying over. That’s assuming his spin is near max.

@EMPERORNIMROD Jago can use his instinct for a lot more than just health. He can use insane pressure + frame advantage and spam a lot of fireballs to build tremendous amounts of meter. It makes him better at close range than most rushdown. Fulgore already has enough effort required to build meter. If his instinct required manual building and stopped his spin speed, I would just ask it be removed entirely and he get a 15% damage buff to compensate for the damage nerf he got because of the charge.

The mobility options from Full meter with Fulgore are awesome, they are not an instinct trait. I can earn them with or without instinct. If say, Fulgore got his full mobility without the requirements of meter, similar to how Kan-Ra gets all the benefits of Sand without having Sand, then yes, his instinct would be insanely crazy, but it’s not. It’s a meter building instinct, nothing more. 1 benefit that takes time to earn the reward from.

Top 3? I don’t think so. Why do you think that?

You have to think of fulgore instinct like everyone’s he gains meter yes but that doesn’t guarantee him anything if he cant use it than its useless. Difference is he can live with out instinct because his instinct is something you can do on your own. its not like spinal with bouncing sculls, its not wulf were you get cancels or sadira were you get webs. Its nothing special at all