I find it amazing that fulgore got better while everyone was normalized while he was already in a tier of his own in season 2 SMDH

Did you guys forget about this video?

1 Like

Lol. I didnā€™t forget about it - just didnā€™t care to have to find it. If people want to go ā€œitā€™s unpunishable!ā€ and just take Fulgoreā€™s crap, thatā€™s on them. I said my piece and gave my suggestions.

2 Likes

Never seen that video before.

Labbed up again and got it to work with just about everything; itā€™s all about anticipation and timing. React to it, however, and youā€™ll eat it.

You canā€™t react to Fulgoreā€™s teleport -> DP. You have to predict.

I also thought Fulgore was pip-canceling teleport for a long time. Turns out teleport just has insanely low recovery frames and he can act while he is still invisible-ish. Itā€™s reasonable to think itā€™s a pip cancel, since thatā€™s how Fulgore does his magic, but itā€™s actually not.

But yeah, as for the rest of the thread, there is a ton of misinformation here. I donā€™t have it in me to debunk all of it, butā€¦ wow guys. :frowning:

2 Likes

The only rason it seemed fast in that Forum Battle fight against you was that I pip canceled it from a fireball and you were trying to flikc the fireball. You werenā€™t ready for the laser.

1 Like

pls when ever you find the time educate us, i really respect you and your opinions. i dont know it all

1 Like

I donā€™t see how you guys completely miss the biggest weakness Fulgore has: the way his meter works.

Sure itā€™s got uses that normal shadow meters donā€™t, but it comes at a cost. If you can successfully keep the pressure on Fulgore and force him to play patiently, he will rarely get any meter. And this can be a severe problem for him to deal with.

In some ways, I think Fulgore is one of the hardest characters to make comebacks with. Itā€™s possible, but very hard.

I think the biggest problem that people in this thread are experiencing is the fact that Fulgore is a rare appearance online and so finding a good one is very unlikely. And when you DO find a really good Fulgore, you have no idea how to fight him.

Like every character, matchup knowledge is vital.

2 Likes

I main floor I might not be nowhere near great at this game but he doesnā€™t seem better at all, heā€™s slightly worse. (Rip medium laser), filigree is completely balanced because of his meter, his instinct isnā€™t that great but without it itā€™s hard to make big comeback. Itā€™s not like filigree is a super easy character. Kilgore is fair

Comebacks arenā€™t too hard with Fulgore considering hype beam plus combo after wards cashing kut that PD is like 80% of your health.

but remember if your loosing you have no meter so if you have no meter you cant do that

You should have instinct by then. A quick combo into fireball ender and pip charge with the rest of the isntinct should be more than enough to get the hype beam. Maybe a pip cancel mix up here and there. You will still net a profit due to the spin soeed. Then just zone and if they jump,boom. Do a fireball mix up into one chance break and loads of damage.

how can anyone say fulgore doesnt get meter?? if u dont get full meter by the end of your first life bar with fulgore , u simply dont know what you are doing

1 Like

If youā€™re losing youā€™re gaining instinct, and Fulgore has the only instinct in the game that the opponent canā€™t waste, if Fulgore pops instinct there is no way to stop him from getting that meter. (well, unless youā€™re spinal. Speaking of which how does the new skull mechanic affect Fulgore? Does is it just falt out stop his spin or does it still build regardless of being cursed or not?)

1 Like

Great question. I want an answer to this.

Just checked in the lab. The reactor still spins but the little bar that fills up to give him a pip stops filling up if heā€™s cursed.

1 Like

It stop his spin I think

If the opponent gets the upper hand on you, youā€™ll be lucky to even get 3 pips.

I have a LVL 50 Fulgore Iā€™ve played him enough to know what Iā€™m saying.

Most characters canā€™t be zoned out as easily as Thunder, you know.

Until you pop instinct, in which case even if you continue to get rocked, you should have about 7 or so pips by the time the next round starts.

Does Fulgore get anything else besides maxed spin speed while heā€™s in Instinct? If not, he has the only completely free-use, non-risk Instinct, considering his spin continues generating bar for him even during the between round knockout period.

Kim, for example, has what I consider to be the closest Instinct to his, given that she generates a resource constantly while her Instinct is active, but she has limitations given that she doesnā€™t get Dragons while she is being hit, is down, or is KOd between rounds, meaning that she canā€™t use hers with impunity and still get the resource.

Iā€™m not looking to directly debate Kim vs Fulgore Instinct wise, but I would definitely put his Instinct in the top 5 at least, given that it doesnā€™t seem like thereā€™s a downside to activating it because you can never be made to waste it.