I am very disappointed U made me wait 8 months for just 4 launch characters

SO so when S1 came out with 6 I was like MEH this will get old fast.

When S2 came out with 2 I was like AATGHH NOO Ki IS OVER!.

Now S3 is coming with 4 I’m like OMG too many characters from day 1!!!

You see I got used to one a month for a year. That felt plenty and it was a good enough time frame to explore each character in depth before a new one dropped.

I actually preferred season 2s model in the end… Now we have something in the middle of both… I’m ok with that.

:+1:

Ps: no point about moaning about waiting when we have already waited looool.

Yeah, I hear ya. The worst part is that I’m just doing it to myself. I see the name of the topic and I just can’t resist. That’s 100% on me. I’m not trying to pick fights or anything either.

It’s more that I’m just trying to deconstruct what people are saying, maybe understand a little where they’re coming from and maybe try conveying the fact that ranting and raving is not only a bad way to communicate to developers, it’s also a bad way to treat people both working on the game and talking about it in this community.

I’ll admit that I could be better at this, but it does get frustrating after a while. So I guess in that sense, I see where they’re coming from. But I do try to keep some perspective and not just go full on and insult or name call, or trash them the way some tend to trash the game.

I just hate the idea of people working long hours on this game coming on to the boards and seeing a ton of negativity and vitriol. Could you imagine that? You work a 12-14 hour day, come home, and go to a website where complete strangers are just complaining nonstop about the work you’ve been putting your heart and soul in to.

I’m sure these people have thick skin and they know it comes with the territory. But I love that this community is generally one of the more positive fan sites I’ve been on and a lot of people tend toward constructive criticism over negative, angry, poo slinging rage posts.

So when I do see them, I’m more inclined to look and see what their deal is and see if I can understand them, refute them, shine some sort of reflective surface on them so they see how they sound, or whatever. I don’t mean to sound like a cheerleader for IG or MS, I just prefer a positive environment where devs and fans can have some sort of dialog that doesn’t involve rage, anger, attacking, etc.

2 Likes

Well I’m satisfied that we got Kim Wu and Tusk from the get go, now everything from this point on it’s a mystery. 4 characters is a good starting point for an UPDATE. At least we’re getting a total of 8 (maybe 9) characters altogether for 20 bucks. How much was mkx Kombat packs again? How much is MKXL?

Wait, this is the only thing this user has ever posted. Did they join the forums solely to say that they didn’t get what they wanted?

1 Like

Yeah when season 2 launched we had TJ and Maya. We didn’t get Kan-Ra till November and Riptor much later.

1 Like

While I hate the entitled nay-sayers who are permanently unhappy and am more than willing to call them out on their ■■■■, I must admit it’s fun giving @rukizzel a well-meaning poke every once in a while!

1 Like

Wouldn’t have it any other way!

3 Likes

ya know, the roster isnt lackluster. this game has all of its fighters being viable in any setting casual or hardcore. not too many fighting games have that. you’ll often see just a hand full of the roster being used. in KI? everybody is dangerous. you realize that we have 18 killers to choose from already right? in a few weeks its gonna bump up to 22. thats alot of fighters to pick and master lol.

id understand it being lackluster if only enough of them for you to count on 1 hand were viable. that is definitely not the case. KI has been the one game ive seen on streams where top 8s usually have all different fighters with a few occasions you’ll see 2 of the same, 3 at the most. it just doesnt happen anywhere else (to my knowledge, correct me if i am wrong, thanks). if you are displeased OP, fine, but the course has been set for this game. if you do not like, you can always play something else and return later when the full roster has been implemented

1 Like

Season 2 started with only 2, and then had the monthly releases.

Double that with Season 3, with (if I’m not mistaken) those same characters already coming with retros, and we already have 50% of the cast, which is nice!

Season 3’s main “feature” so far is really just fine-tuning. New content is nice, but making the game look clean and improving game mechanics (i.e juggling) should have priority before all else.

Plus–while I can’t say this for sure!–I feel like we’re gonna get some really cool new stuff sooner rather than later. If IG was able to add Shadows Mode on their monthly schedule, imagine what they’re going to add with a lot more time to work on everything!

1 Like

Think we might be getting one of the Shadow girls from that Twitter poll as a mid/end-season surprise, though. Most likely Shadow Orchid.

Werent they hinted at as being an idea for the community fund?

They want another shadow character.

shadow sadie…wait… lol shes already shadowy. ok ok ok, how about shadow maya or shadow kim wu

I think IG’s release method is solid. It gives you enough new characters to learn, without being overwhelmed. By the time you get those characters down, a new one gets released, and the learning processes starts over again.

Hell, NR made you wait a whole a year for 4 characters and 1 stage, and MKX’s development is probably done now, with the exception of a couple skins. At least with KI you know there is a ton of characters, stages, and surprises still to come.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t care for the 4 characters at launch either…personally I would have preferred one or two.

To me one of the strengths of KI is they haven’t thrown a huge ton of characters at players all at once. Having too many choices makes learning the game a daunting task to get to the point where you feel competent with the cast. Recently I got Street Fighter X Tekken & I haven’t hardly touched it for that very reason…there’s just sooo much & I don’t really have the time.

KI on the other hand, it’s controls are near universal, differences between character style is well defined, & with the slow trickle of new content it hasn’t been overwhelming. Each character has been presented, & then a decent amount of time has been given to master that character before the next one showed up. It’s been a good way of handling the cast, & I hope that’s how they handle the other 4 characters in season 3.

I’d assume that they would be considered the “9th” character" for Season 3, if they happen.

I agree, Shadow characters seems to be abit much. I think it should be saved for something entirely.
If its a character, it has to be Eyedol, oter wise I would propose using for a theater mode.