I am livid about the definitive edition

No no. You said it with no ill intent. I appreciate how you were able to tell me that. I just remembered that because of what you told him just now. Lol

1 Like

Yeah, I’m starting to feel like continuing to post is only gonna add more annoyance to both me and others. So I’ll drop it.

You have until August 6th to prepare. Then the Glacius Lord is coming for you. :slight_smile:

Might squeeze that in there, going on holiday august 7th, So I’ll have plenty of recovery time by the pool :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Glad to see no bad feelings :grin: And thanks for the levelheaded response!

Honestly, and I’d like a full explanation by anyone that legitimately feels ripped off
 You bought a product and you received it. This is a different product. You paid more to be an early adopter. That’s the trade off. I bought my XB1 when it was $500 and now it’s $350. I don’t feel like MS owes me $150 because I got two plus good years out of my system.

I also bought each season of KI the day they became available for sale and I got my content as soon as it came out. I didn’t wait a few years to buy a disc with all three seasons on it and I don’t feel like I’m getting screwed just because they want to put some extras in that product.

You want the behind the scenes stuff? An extra skin? A physical disc copy? Even people that own all three seasons might see that as a worthwhile purchase. If you don’t, that’s fine. But when you make the conscious decision to get something as soon as possible, you are making the active choice to forgo other opportunities down the line.

I didn’t want to wait for an Uncharted collection, as I wanted to play 1, 2, and 3 as soon as they came out. Now regardless of whether the collection had bonus content or not, the point still stands. You can buy something early and have it early, or you can wait for it to drop in price or become part of a collection (even if that collection has extras in it you might want).

Your choice.

1 Like

The only point of this thread is that we don’t get an option to get content in-game content because we bought it early. That’s like(for example) nether realm studio releasing a costume pack only for mortal kombat XL without an option for ppl who got mortal kombat x to at least get just the costume pack. Why do ppl who bought the game first get locked out of content? There is NO GOOD REASON to not give ppl the option to BUY it separately. If they can buy it separately, then they can still make their money. With making it an exclusive to the disc rerelease, you are telling customers to buy more then what they want and that they have no options. You can’t allow companies to limit your options like that. I’m sorry but I see no good reason why early adopters get NO OPTION besides companies asking you to shell out more money. Unless you can give me a GOOD REASON why that gold gargos skin is exclusive then I can’t agree (nor understand) with you at all.

I shouldn’t be punished by not having NO OPTION.

2 Likes

I totally agree. Everything should be available at some point. It may not be September 22nd when the Def edition comes out
but at least a few months down the road it needs to be available. Even the Ultimate source skins need to be available at some point.

1 Like

There could be a chance the gold Gargos colors and maybe even other colors for characters could be a planned Christmas present for longtime users or ultra owners

Well yeah, they want to give everyone a reason to buy this, whether you own every season or only a character or two. It’s one of a couple of advantages to getting the retail copy. For one thing, you get the game in a collectable format. You also get behind the scenes stuff as well.

I dunno man, I tend to think that’s what they’re telling people that specifically want that one thing. Reminds me of the Shago XBL card back in season one. The main draw was the XBL card and they were giving away a small bonus, but people felt as though they “spent $50 to get Shago” as a reason why he shouldn’t be available to everyone else. It’s not like they’re offering a gold skin for $40. That just happens to be the thing that you want.

How are you being punished though? You paid for a product and they’re delivering it. This other thing is a separate product. One is a season and the other is a collection of seasons.

Now this, I agree with. Just as I didn’t think Shago should only be available to people that had the original XBL cards, so too do I believe that this item should be made available to everyone eventually. But as an exclusive for spending $40 on the collection? Yeah, I think people that want to get the physical disc should have some time with this before others can get their hands on it.

2 Likes

The thing is they said you cannot get the code at all unless you get the disc version.

Yeah, I honestly thought that was kinda lousy in season 1. Fortunately when I got the card my subscription was about to run out, so it was still kinda a freebie. The good part about that deal though is that what you bought, even if you didn’t need it at the time, would eventually get used.

And they’ve NEVER gone back on they’re word before, right?

They won’t unless people don’t like it. Either it is an epic troll or they want to see what happens.

1 Like

And how exactly have ppl done that? By complaining.

With CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM and FEEDBACK from MULTIPLE PEOPLE.

1 Like

I can confirm the latter has happened in this discussion.

You need all parts to make a difference.

3 Likes

Agreed.

Which some have done by offering a solution and lthers haven’t.

1 Like

While I understand people wanting the gold color (I wouldnt mind paying for more costumes/colors myself), they might eventually be available down the road, maybe we could get some input here from one of the developers @TempusChaoti perhaps and see what the idea is and quiet the unrest a bit.

That said, companies have used exclusive incentives for years and years, lets not pretend its something new and people are being screwed, like someone said earlier, you got what you paid for with the seasons, this is a seperate package.

3 Likes