I am livid about the definitive edition

While exclusive skins aren’t new, releasing exclusive content after the game has already been out a long time isn’t something a lot of games do. Just saying, and there is a good reason most games don’t do it.

Because launching a game with exclusives is a norm, waiting until the game has already been out a long time and then releasing exclusives and locking them behind content that most of your customers already have is quite another, its not hard to understand.

It’s very simple to understand. You don’t want that exclusive skin so it’s not a problem. But you want gold Gargos so you’re in here pretending that this is somehow a shady business practice.

I got the limited edition, because I was under the impression that gold scorpion would be released. Its not the same thing at all, and you know it. One was at launch, one was long after most of the game had already been released, its not the same thing, don’t pretend like it is. Also, don’t even get me started on Gold Scorpion and Kold War Scorpion, I was far more livid about Kold War being released for free, thus anyone who bought Limited Edition was effectively ripped off.

Payed?

Huh?

What does “payed” mean?

What exactly are you referring to, can you quote what you are asking me about?

Honestly, I don’t see how “at launch” matters at all for this.

It should be obvious, but since its not, I will explain. MKX didn’t make people purchase practically the entire package before saying. “HEY, look at this new skin that you can only get if you rebuy the entire game.” KI is doing exactly that.

No one is “making” anyone do anything. If you care this much about collecting every cosmetic for the game I would suggest that you wait a few years before buying anything at all. You never know if they might come out with a better bundle in 2020.

Completely dodged my point, what a shocker. Actually it really isn’t that shocking coming from you.

Your point is, as always, that you don’t want to buy the whole box of cracker jacks just to get the toy. You’re full from the cracker jacks you ate yesterday and therefore they should at least promise you that they will sell you the toy seperately tomorrow. Because you totally deserve the toy and it’s totally unfair that you can’t have it. Even though this has nothing to do with entitlement. There’s a lot of “forcing” and “punishing” mixed in to help you seem oppressed.

3 Likes

But the thing is the food doesn’t overlap. You eat the crackers,you can get more and eat more. No overlap. For KI,you won’t do much with the disc version at all. You already have the full game. No one is saying they deserve the color. They just want an UPGRADE option.

1 Like

That is totally reasonable, but industry standards suggest such a thing will not be available until after the DE drops. It’s unreasonable to suggest MS is doing wrong by following a tried and true marketing strategy. That’s the two sides of it. Not a yes or no, but a when and not now.

Wanting things is fine. But you are asking them to make an exclusive extra that was made to sell discs available to everyone before the discs even go on sale. It’s not reasonable.

And frankly, no one likes cracker jacks. So all the content in a crackerjack box is redundant.

1 Like

Can we save this argument until after the DE is released? It’s two months away and they might have just not announced that you can buy it separately. Jesus Christ it’s just a skin.

3 Likes

They said that you can’t buy it seperatly though.

can we say this a few more times?

3 Likes

Jesus Christ it’s just a skin.

7 Likes