I am livid about the definitive edition

Thank you Iron Galaxy for making a disc based edition! I was really hoping that this would happen. Glad it’s not going to stay download only.
Very pleased.

I mean, if you just want the skin buy the game, download the skin, sell the game to someone for a few bucks cheaper. That’s what i do when i want multiple retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses.

1 Like

I think we should use a little perspective here. If you bought all of the Ultra editions at full price and then paid full price for this disc it would be roughly $160. To get all of the DLC currently available for SFV, even taking advantage of bundle pricing, it would cost more than $160. To get all of the content currently available in DOA5, it would be well over $950. Neither SFV or DOA5 would come with a soundtrack CD, an exclusive skin, or behind the scenes videos/content either.

3 Likes

Will those of us who paid 160 for the 3 seasons get access to behind the scenes footage and whatever else the KIDC comes with?

On you tube maybe…but no… not unless you have the disc in hand… the info is on the disc… not sure if its on the CD or the game disc.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s always youtube lol.

1 Like

And that somehow makes it okay, no, no it doesn’t, there is NO excuse for people who already own everything to have to shell out another 40 bucks, stop defending it, they need to provide an upgrade option for people that already have everything.

3 Likes

I’d pay $50 for an Orchid with a futuristic spy skin

Stop saying people "have to " or are “forced” to buy this. You aren’t. At all.

1 Like

It doesn’t appear this debate/conversation is going anywhere guys lol

1 Like

Why is this thread even here? Shouldn’t it be in the main thread?

If they want to be on par content wise with everyone who buys DE, then yes, they have to. There needs to be an upgrade path for people who already have everything, pure and simple. It isn’t gonna hurt you or anyone else if they do something like that, and its not entitled to expect to be able to have the same content without having to rebuy the entire game that people already have.

It is 100% an entitled mentality, you paid for three ultimate editions, you got three ultimate editions. You paid for 0 definitive editions, you got 0 definitive editions. Yes, there is a lot of content overlap, yes some times it stinks to be an early adopter. No that doesn’t make it okay to demand free stuff you didn’t pay for from the devs.

3 Likes

No one is asking for free. They want the option to upgrade…

2 Likes

More specifically without the redundancy…

Where did I say I wanted it free, I just want an upgrade path. Free would be nice, but I know that isn’t how the real world works, I just want the option to be on par content wise without having to rebuy the game, IE, a upgrade path that is reasonable price, its not entitled to want that.

1 Like

Hmmmm I’m kinda hoping they put out extra content with the DE. Be a good gift for a friend of mine.

I agree, a separate path would be nice, but I think a lot of the issue here is your approach. You kinda came out of the gate swinging, and that usually doesn’t merit good will.

But on the other hand people around here like to throw around the word entitlement like it’s candy at a parade. It’s funny, the purpose of the forums is for feedback and constructive criticism. Don’t like a special effect, ask them, they might make a toggle. Suggest some visual cue for fast loading PCs to know the game’s not freezing, they add a spinning KI logo. Mention a character might be OP, they might rebalance. Talk about a classic character, they might make a survey and he might show up later. Suggest they could make an alternate method of paying for content…sorry, you’re an entitled baby.

2 Likes

Yeah, its laughable how often the word entitlement is thrown around.

1 Like

It’s like a slap in the face.