I am livid about the definitive edition

The fact that there is no upgrade path? I agree.

You could almost make a drinking game out of it.

You would be dead before the day was over.

You don’t even know if there is or isn’t one yet.

Well you would think they would make it known by now if there was. I hope there is, but I am not holding my breath, considering the twitter said that the gargos skin was exclusive.

1 Like

They said that it was exclusive to the DE and you can’t get it otherwise.

1 Like

I will quote this later down the road.

I am gonna start quoting WrathOfFulgore everytime someone throws the world entitlement around

As someone who paid 120+, I’m upset as well but it’s not like they’ll listen. In the end, it’s always business no matter what.

2 Likes

An upgrade path wouldn’t be hard, even if its only for the skin, or the skin and the bonus videos. Its just a matter if they actually care enough to listen to the people who bothered to support them since day one or not.

There’s no upgrade path for people who bought combo breaker editions to get Ultra edition contents. They have to buy an Ultra edition. Get over yourself.

Edit: there’s no upgrade path for people who bought individual character to either combo breaker or ultra edition.

It doesn’t matter how much people “throw around” the word entitlement. It perfectly describes your position. You feel you are entitled to an upgrade path because you don’t want to pay full price to get the definitive edition content. Because you are so special and so deserving for buying earlier editions of the game. You use words like “decency” and phrases like “good business practice” but neither applies in any way to this. You are just using them to try to disguise your entitlement. Somehow you deserve more than what is currently available to you for no discernible reason other than that you just deserve it. Sorry bro, that’s entitlement.

4 Likes

I’m not upset by it would be nice if there was an option for those that want the extra goodies to be able to do so without spending an extra $40. I wouldn’t mind paying $20.

IMO. Of course before some one comes along and tries to change it as a fact. Smh.

4 Likes

See above for how to make a request without being an entitled twit.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been saying this whole time

Anyway, I plan to buy it
I want the disk. But like @DyingAlloy66626 said, I just feel it’d be nice if people could get the extra stuff a different way if they want. After all, KI’s all about the ala carte options.

“You’re disgusting, stop posting.” Is not an argument in support of anything, and I’m reasonably sure it’s a violation of the forum guidelines.

The title of this thread is “I’m livid about the definitive edition.” It’s not “a simple request for an alternative way to acquire the extra stuff.” It’s an entitled rant filled with misconstrued concepts like being “forced” to pay for things you already have and “rewarding loyal customers.”

“I am livid because I don’t have access to a Gold Gargos skin”

Also, FYI, Iron Galaxy has nothing whatsoever to do with the pricing or distribution model of the game. That’s Microsoft.

5 Likes

This ^^^^^

Ive been wanting to say this for 2 days now
 Not sure why everyone thinks Iron Galaxy has anything to do with the actual merchandise created and sold with the KI brand.

Iron Galaxy programs the game, combat design, UI, ect
 MS does the Lore, Character creation, merchandise, distribution, ect

And I probably dont have it stated exaclty how it goes down
but Im positive its ■■■■ close to how it works.

2 Likes

Honestly the only thing that has me salty right now is the fact that shadow lords doesn’t come out until this definitive edition does. I feel like the disk release is holding it back more than it shoud but whatever.

I think it might be the other way around, they cant release the Difinitive edition till Shadow Lords is complete
at least that seems more logical to me

1 Like

They have been playing it since spring. We have it downloaded on our hard drives since June. What a coincidence that they’re releasing it right when the disc launches on September. They announced the multiplayer mode tied to SL releasing on july. Then the disc gets announced and turns out we’re not getting the multiplayer mode until after disc release. Isn’t that suspicious? They were confident enough to announce a July release but after announcing a disc it turns out it all comes until September.