I am disapointed with Season 3

I’m disappointed on many things!

• There are too many guest characters!
  • Mira doesn’t have her own stage which stinks!
    And…
  • That’s it.
1 Like

I’m pretty sure we are going to get Gargos’s “Final Destination” by the end of the Season. Don’t care if guests get their own stage (though Arbiter got one :stuck_out_tongue:), though Mira should get her own.

Yeah, agreed on Mira. And nice that Gargos’ is getting a stage… I mean, he’s gonna be the boss of the new mode! It’d suck if he didn’t have his own lair.

I just also want to make it clear, that I DO appreciate the amount of stages that we got so far. Coming from SFV, that games sorely lacks stage variety, and the destruction/stage enders at the end of a Match in KI are great touches (i’m sure it’s even more headache for the developers).

KI is bad now, they funked that up.

Sh*t started with Shadow Jago and Combo Assist, then the guest characters, and the graphic changes.

i hate this lightning, it’s ugly, dark, and oil.

I think KI has the worst dashboard (vomit) of the FGs at the moment.

all they had to do was fixing some faces, hair, skins…

focus on the KI characters and stages, costums, game modes…

I remember when this game was footsies/punish/execution, now it’s yolo/jumps/unballanced…

Wtf all these armors, deflect, parry, teleports, easy cross up, full screen bullsh*t or projectiles, minions (lol), no DP or anti-air for TJ in Kangaroo Instinct ? Really ?

One more thing, ranked is a joke.

Didn’t buy Season 3 and will never do it lol but i guess it’s Microsoft fault again, they always run for the easy and fast money, they don’t really care about the game even if it’s gold and i think this company doesn’t truly understand video games, just look at Halo or Gears of Wars now…

KI is dead and needs to be a real new game now (like a Season 1.5) without the past mistakes, But i think they already know it, they just try to sell it the more as they can.

KOF14 please save me from all these boring FGs, and i’m hoping everyday for a Virtua Fighter 6.

That’s all i care for now, KI was a great fighting game but today that’s not the case anymore, didn’t touch the game since april.

Game over

1 Like

If you are not interested in the game anymore, why still post here?

2 Likes

That was a hilarious troll attempt lol

2 Likes

How joke?.. (I’m sure you are troll.)

1 Like

I just said my feeling about Season 3 and the game now.

And yes for real, Ranked was far better in Season 1.

1 Like

Says who? Considering we have a dinosaur fighting the human torch from a franchise known for a girl showing her ■■■■ to an enemy to kill them, we’re supposed to be serious?

Also @SonicBros3D (assuming you’re not trolling) this topic is mainly about guest characters, not Season 3 as a whole (from what I can gather).

Here’s my own view on this topic:

Contrary to what’s apparently popular belief, guest characters aren’t characters that are just cheaply thrown in. They’re not in the game due to lack of ideas or originality. They take work and creativity just like every other character in the game. Guest characters’ only trade off is that they don’t add to the lore in exchange for getting more people interested. Tell me, for a game like KI, which do you think matters more?

I don’t think I’ve seen a single person on these forums give a good, constructive reason as to why guest characters detract from the game or are poorly made. And what’s pathetic about that is that this conversation has been going on since S3 was annonced.

Grow up, guys.

3 Likes

They should’ve made a contest for the fans to create their own characters for this season instead of guests.

This stinks!

Mira’s okay though.

1 Like

I like this bit. I just want to get that across, more players is what we need. Even though I’m gonna tell you not to continue an argument we’ve had numerous times. As with anything subjective, people will like it or dislike it. Sometimes you can change their mind, but you can’t really count on that being the kind of person you’re dealing with. Not saying anybody with disagreements is that kind of person, just that some people are willing to take another perspective and attempt change, some aren’t. I was about to mute this thread until I came across yours, I had held myself back from responding to exactly what you quoted because its been argued before. Probably gonna mute it now anyway, nothing I haven’t read before, nothing more will be added, it seems.

1 Like

well looking at classic KI, i mean serious to the point you have no guests featuring the game. Serious with the franchise itself.

Guest characters in games should only be introduced in a series if the fans asked for it. Guest characters take a little less effort because you already got a base idea of the character themselves. Its upsetting to me because if I wanted to play as a character from a game, I will go out and play the game. With that aside though how are these guest characters gonna play a role inside of the Killer Instinct Story? They don’t fit anywhere Lore related lets not forget, 3 maps and one is for a guest. That’s ridiculous, the maps should of been made for Original KI fighters not guest fighters. These guest fighters were just thrown in to this season, blindly. Like General Raam. Seriously, it can’t be a coincidence that he shows up right when Gears of War was being shown at E3. Plus did anybody even truly vote to have Raam in the game? What about Rash? This loses the amount of creativity in this season. When Omen came out for season 2 I was impressed and it showed a sense of hope of the next fighters. I was impressed with Season 1 and 2 as a whole and when I saw how we got TWO guest fighters almost immediately and 2 original it was concerning. Now we got 3, and its becoming out of control that they are potentially adding more to the series. A game is strong when it continues to come up with originality and shows that it can stand out. Right now putting in characters from other games is NOT original, its currently being done by other games such as Mortal Kombat and this defeats the whole purpose of paying money for a season if I am just gonna get characters from other games.

Same for characters from the original KI, your point?

[quote=“qsTwix, post:35, topic:12081”]
3 maps and one is for a guest. That’s ridiculous, the maps should of been made for Original KI fighters not guest fighters.
[/quote]Why does that matter? ARBITER’S STAGE IS GODLIKE.

These guest fighters were just thrown in to this season, blindly.
[/quote]Apparently over 8 months or consideration, meetings and development is now termed “blindly.”

Seriously, it can’t be a coincidence that he shows up right when Gears of War was being shown at E3.
[/quote]Of course. Guest characters get people from said franchise to play KI, and vice versa.

Plus did anybody even truly vote to have Raam in the game?
[/quote]Pretty sure no one voted to have Link in Soul Caliber, either. Or Snake in Brawl. Pleasant surprises.

This loses the amount of creativity in this season.
[/quote]Apparently it takes little creativity to take mechanics of a character from a beat-em-up, FPS and third person shooter and translate it into a fighting game. OK then.

When Omen came out for season 2 I was impressed and it showed a sense of hope of the next fighters.
[/quote]I like Omen, yet I never imagined this statement would come to anyone’s mind.

A game is strong when it continues to come up with originality and shows that it can stand out.
[/quote]If you ask me, guest characters help a game stand out.

Right now putting in characters from other games is NOT original, its currently being done by other games such as Mortal Kombat and this defeats the whole purpose of paying money for a season if I am just gonna get characters from other games.
[/quote]I’m sorry, I wasn’t aware there was a mode in Halo where you could play Arbiter and beat up other players on a 2D plane with combos and juggles.

1 Like

Guest characters make a game standout? No they don’t so if I put Cortana in Gears of war does it make Gears of War stand out in a positive way? No. Link was also added ONLY on the Gamecube version of Soul calibur due to it being on a NINTENDO system just like how Spawn was added to the Xbox version of Soul calibur. Smash Bro’s is a series based around the Nintendo universe so that statement of yours went invalid. Please bother to do some research on any game you list because right now you are just being stubborn and don’t even bother trying to make a valid argument. So next time read what I am saying and think about it because you know, if I wanna play as General Raam I will play as him the way he was intended to be played as. A gunslinging beast who doesn’t take anything from anyone. Same as Arbiter, A hack and slash with a plasma sword against all my foes. Also his stage was hideous.

9,000 people responded to that survey. There are what 6,000,000 KI users. Unique users? Eh, can’t recall. Still, it’s fairly safe to assume that the 9,000 surveys came from the more hardcore players and/or core fans. Of the 6,000,000, that group comprises .0015% of all players.

How unbelievably arrogant do you have to be to think that every decision they make for this game have only that .0015% in mind? In case this isn’t painfully obvious to anyone here, guests aren’t just for us. They’re to draw new fans in to the series.

I’m not a Battletoads fan. Not really in to Halo or Gears. But I am a fan of this game and I want more of it. If I have to put up with the Crackdown agent, Joanna Dark and some other guest to get a 4th season with five characters I do care about, well then that’s a trade off I’m okay with and if those guests wind up being fun to use, well so much the better.

If you have to get everything your way with no regard for any other fans that might like other characters from other series or might pick up the game to play that character, thus putting more money in and possibly helping along the chances of another season, then maybe this is your jumping off point.

I wouldn’t begrudge you for it. At the end of the day, we’re all customers and if you feel like you’re not being served to your satisfaction, then it’s on you to voice your concerns and/or move on. Just be cognizant of the fact that this game isn’t just being made for tourney pros or core fans or classic fans or casuals or MS fans or any other specific camp.

They have many masters to please. We’re not going to like everything they do. But also consider the fact that we also don’t like everything other fans want or like.

I think a shark character is a HORRIBLE idea. I mean awful. Words cannot properly convey how much I disdain that concept. Every picture I see posted only serves to illustrate how horrendous that idea sounds to me.

But you know what? That’s okay! A lot of people like the idea. Liked it enough to get IGs attention, liked it enough to do really well in the informal poll.

Similarly, I’ve seen a few users absolutely trashing the Shadowlords mode, but ya know what? I freaking LOVE the idea. Loved everything they presented. I’m so utterly hyped for it, but there are others that don’t see the need for such a big single player mode or have no desire to delve on to something like that. Again, that’s okay.

To OPs post, I freaking love Mira and Gargos and honestly, Tusk and Kim Wu don’t do all that much for me. I also think the arenas look amazing now.

This is probably the most polarizing season:
-Lack of arenas
-Guests
-Changing shadow color

Plus a bunch of smaller stuff that either pops up now or still hasn’t been fixed.

So I can see why some might be disappointed, but I do think that some perspective is needed where it comes to many of the decisions IG makes and how we both consider and voice our feedback.

Perspective like maybe the character variation ideas like Shark TJ, ENT Aganos etc are bonus character ideas and that maybe, just maybe, they’re not giving us a 4th season full of reskinned existing characters. I dunno, call me crazy.

Or that maybe we don’t all have to love Raam. The people that like grapplers around here seem to be absolutely smitten with him though, so maybe, as a concept, he’s not as “poorly made” or whatever just because he doesn’t specifically appeal to you or me.

It’d be awesome, phenomenal in fact, if more people could consider other fans, or other perspectives within the massive umbrella this fanbase exists under and try and see what makes sense in the big picture before throwing out labels (early) for the season or pointing out certain supposed failures.

5 Likes

Depends on the execution and how the cameo is handled.

[quote=“qsTwix, post:37, topic:12081”]
Link was also added ONLY on the Gamecube version of Soul calibur due to it being on a NINTENDO system just like how Spawn was added to the Xbox version of Soul calibur.
[/quote]Killer Instinct is an Xbox and Win 10 exclusive game, so it gets guests from other Xbox games. I don’t see how this is any different.

Smash Bro’s is a series based around the Nintendo universe so that statement of yours went invalid.
[/quote]Metal Gear Solid isn’t a Nintendo game. Or it didn’t begin as one, anyway.[quote=“qsTwix, post:37, topic:12081”]
Please bother to do some research on any game you list because right now you are just being stubborn and don’t even bother trying to make a valid argument.
[/quote]Pfffffft OK. I’m the one not backing up my argument. Silly me.

I wanna play as General Raam I will play as him the way he was intended to be played as. A gunslinging beast who doesn’t take anything from anyone. Same as Arbiter, A hack and slash with a plasma sword against all my foes.
[/quote]Then go ahead and have fun with those games. But KI is giving us the opportunity to play as them differently in a fighting game environment. That’s cool to me.

Also his stage was hideous.
[/quote]HERETIC.

1 Like

Well fans were asking for a battletoad since season one.

3 Likes

Not only that but they’re all horror movie villains. I admit Alein’s kinda fun but they should of just brought back the characters that didn’t make it into MKX in the first place. They did with a few but Sindel, Jade, etc. they could of come back.

Also @Iago407 wile you make good points I feel that we could easily just have original KI characters that can play in the style of these supposed guests. Only think is name-brand but even so they don’t add anything to KI really just merely playable advertisement that to me, just take away slots for characters that add something to KI’s universe AND game play.

But you do raise a fair point. Still given the chance I’d would much rather prefer original KI characters and more of them and no more guests. I’d hate gor KI to be “dat game with Joanna Dark” and if KI gets a sequel in the future, I wonder how many of those who played this KI will come back and support it? It’s kind of a gamble doing it that way compared to KI just getting new fans on its own. Which it has. My problem is this KI could be remembered for some character who’s not even from there. Not for the likes of Fulgore, Riptor, Jago, Orchid, Cinder, etc. In the eyes of the public who never played a KI game but some character named “Joanna Dark” To me that’s a good way to describe a game.

Though I do admit, when you’ve played it for so long. It’s easy to forget how hard this game had when it came to even getting acknowledged. People scoffed at it, and reviewers were just kinda half-assing it when the game first came out. But it’s also grown to be very big on the other hand. And despite the fact we had three guests and what not I do think the game can get better if we get a new season. I just hope that guests will be far and few if nonexistant if they HAVE to have em’

Though understandably it is hard to consider others when you yourself get your own wants tarnished. So obvliosuly the hate’s coming from all around.

Also @SonicDolphin117 INCORRECT. The first offcial Metal Gear Game in the series was an NES game. But I digress.

Plus if I want to play a particular game that person is from, I’d of had to be interested in it the first place. I played Gears a long time ago, but it was alright I guess. I’ve already played Halo a dozen times before and while the Arby was a nice edition, I find I still prefer to play the original native cast.

1 Like