How would you improve KI's gameplay going forward?

I understand you assume I was a begginer. If you did I don’t like people assuming but in the end it’s not that important.
If you didn’t mean that, then my bad.

Anyway I wrote

• Not fan of flipout leading to high ammounts of damage and resets.

I’m talking about damage itself which is not the same for all the cast (eg Thunder). Flip out alone it doesn’t bother me much. It’s not that hard to break honestly and apart from counterbreakers (that might get timed out) it’s not risky to break at all.

Rework Orchid.

It hurts to me to say that (i love her), but in a way, she miss in her gameplay something important.
Something with more manuals possibilities and reset.

I’m satisfied too. I’m very happy with the game and how it plays. Let me be 100% clear on that. I’m not trying to bash the game or find flaws in something that I thoroughly enjoy.

But when I see people talking about how pros are leaving, it makes me wonder if there are gameplay reasons and if those reasons could be improved upon, not just for pros, but for casuals (like me) as well.

Of course, five or ten guys leaving doesn’t amount to a hill of beans even in the pin prick small percentage of the audience that could refer to themselves as pros, but I just thought that if anyone had anything that I’d like to point to in the game and say “ya know, I think this might make a great experience even better,” or for some of the pros or higher level players, “I think that X, Y and Z might help improve the game at my level.”

I just thought it’d be nice to brainstorm a bit, regardless of how much we all love the gameplay.

Yeah, stuff like this! That’s what I’m talking about. All ideas big and small that could maybe add to an already great experience. I like that suggestion too, BTW.

Well, assuming they don’t burn her movelist to the ground and start over from scratch, what ways would you improve upon her to bring her more in line with where you think she should be?

1 Like

Lol get gud, lol scrub, lol noob @MaruMDQ .

Please don’t body me…

1 Like

Orchid is very aggressive. But not so aggressive in a way in terms of manuals, like Wulf or Rip.
Actually, her manuals are very limited and works differently.

I don’t wish a complete rework, but at least a rework to fixing her manuals.

1 Like

Did I commit a mortal sin by not recognizing a pro player???

Plz forgive Maru Based Gawd.

Edit: Excuse me, Gawdess

Lol, she’s pretty damn good.

1 Like

MS need to start again to fix what ig did.
I really wish a new direction, a new developer for a future ki.

The game is dead and buried, nobody stream this game, its hard to find a match… Well…

For the gameplay, air combos in the sequel would be nice.

1 Like

This whole statement is a straight up lie.

3 Likes

You know I actually streamed just last night, and I was playing Ranked and had no issue finding several opponents. In fact that’s pretty much been my experience with the game for the past 3 years. Never have an issue finding someone to play against.

I’m very happy with the game in its current state. I don’t think any major changes are warranted or necessary.

They already do this. Lockouts were patched a while ago to appear instantly.

3 Likes

Im not lying, last week i tried to play online and i got only 1 or 2 matches in 1 hour.

Im having hard times to find a match

yeah, i actually had just realized minutes after writing that post that i was actually wrong. in that case yeah there’s pretty much no change that i think needs to be done aside from the obvious “fix the bugs” issue that no developer will ever truly be able to accomplish in our lifetime. (as a game developer myself, who associates with other game developers frequently, i can assure you that a bug-free game is an impossibility.)

1 Like

To deal with flipouts all you have to do is mash light dp*. People drop game over this?

• the only case it fails is when opponent actually does something different than throw or attack, but its extremely rare and propably conditioned - but until then you will propably have Instinct ready to freeze screen and react.

Tusk has staggers because if you get hit by his sword attacks you either dont have match up knowledge or lack magnesium in organism.

I’m not a competitor so I can’t speak on balancing changes that could make the game “better” from a competitive point of view.

I do hear a lot of stuff about how some types of offense feels unearned. So think about this first change.

1. You can no longer take a life bar off with chip damage. A lot of people seem to like this about SFV and you see a lot of hype comebacks because of it. We all know that in KI you usually have tons of comback potential… unless you’re fighting against a Zoner with a pixel of life. GARGOS AINT HAVING THAT ■■■■.

Of course this would buff TJ a lot.

1. I still would like more modes to fight with. A tag mode or a team mode would be great. The very idea of balancing a tag mode in KI would be crazy so don’t bother. However a team mode similar to KOF teams is very doable. So why not?

Total agree with you, just hire Arksys for next KI

So that we can have terrible online play??? I’ll pass on that.

None of this is at all relevant to the thread. You have to know that. Also, throwing in a line about air combos in a game that doesn’t exist yet doesn’t change that.

Could we maybe do away with the off-topic stuff and the negativity? How about you expound a bit on how you’d improve the gameplay in this game? You seem to have some issues with it as it currently stands, so what are you issues and how would you improve them?

Again, not the point of the thread at all. How about you speak on how you’d improve the gameplay of this game?

KI just needs to be a: more footsie base game,more neutral oriented game. less crazyness in characters, etc,this is no marvel, IG is trying copy GG, but they do pretty bad. just bring back S1 without the broken things.