Holy crap Mira's awesome!

@IrritatedPage18 Yeah, he’s almost 12 and I’ll be 36 next month. We play against each other all the time, and usually he can’t touch me unless I’m trying someone new like this, and once I figure it out it’s back to being untouchable. He’s not bad himself though. Right now he’s sitting at about midway up silver rank.

@QSpec02 I know, right? I’ve got over 20 years of fighting game experience…he shouldn’t be beating that yet…he hasn’t put in the time, lol.

But seriously, if he does beat me I have only myself to blame since I’ve pretty much been his coach.

KI priority system: light > medium > heavy > special > shadow (-1 priority on aerial attacks).

When trades (both players hitting each other on the same frame) happen in KI the above system governs what will actually happen. Moves of equal priority will trade meaning both players got hit, and moves of greater priority will beat weaker moves and score a counter hit bonus. When it comes to determining trades and priority the actual hitbox is able to be hit by a move of stronger priority (which is why your long ranged heavy normals that don’t have a hurtbox in them can be beaten by an uppercut, as it hits the actual hitbox).

What does this mean for Mira, and more specifically the questions asked above?

To start with, Mira’s blood attacks throw out a regular strike hitbox, which means it can be hit by moves of higher priority. MP attacks will trade with grounded mediums and aerial heavies and be stuffed by anything stronger, while HP attacks trade with grounded heavies and aerial specials (this is why cr.hp is generally a good anti air for anyone, as most people will be jumping in with a normal attack and a grounded heavy will always beat such attacks in a trade).

Wrecking ball is interesting in that it is an aerial special with armour, which means it stuffs grounded mediums, trades with heavies and is stuffed by specials, BUT with the added qualifier that only the heavies will bypass the armour on wrecking ball. Mira has a few interesting tools to get around the armour, one of which is medium (anti air) embrace, but as you pointed out standing MP can do a good job due to it hitting twice. The reason you will have found this to be inconsistent is that sometimes you will be catching his hitbox with yours and getting outprioritised, so to use this you need to hit early before it become active or find a way to hit him low enough that you avoid the hitbox on wrecking ball. As already mentioned your best bet would probably be a heavy normal (mainly cr.hp but maybe b+hp would work too) as this would stuff his armour and at least trade.

2 Likes

If her 2hp works anything like Wulf’s (I’ll figure it out when I log in here shortly), it will trade for about the same damage as Wrecking ball. It will cause you to wall splat though. For characters that want to be ranged, this might be ideal. For Wulf, I consider it losing the trade since I did equal damage and lost positioning.

I just mention this because I’m not sure what Mira would want out of that situation, but maybe the wall splat is good? If so, it might be worth the trade.

It in theory might could beat Wrecking Ball, but I haven’t found that to be the case with Wulf. Plus it starts up fast.

What about using mist form through it and combo’ing from that?

Air dashing on a pad is killing me. Need to use my stick for better control in the air.

Ok, thanks. Honestly I’m not much of a tech&terminology player. I usually just figure things out by trial and error, which is how I figured out the standing MP on the wrecking ball. I finally managed to pull off a win right before I had to go to work…my son wasn’t too upset about it since he beat me like 6 or 7 times before that. Yeah I like Mira, but she’s definitely tricky. She really seems like all her moves are designed to rush down and dominate the opponent, but doing so shoots herself in the foot…and the leg, and pretty much everywhere else.

1 Like

It seems Mira hit home with just about everyone. She’s awesome. She would be even more awesome if she only had original moves(nitpick) & a stage(I really really hope this will come).

Most of her accessories are good (Except all the weird hairdos). Her voice actor is doing a great job the few lines she speak.

But what is this grey stuff? Hmm? Storyrelated? If not it would be cool if some of it were bloodred - but that might be too cliché.

You know what you have to do now as a father? Grind him to dust. Take his will to play for at least a week.

What was working for you out of curiosity?

@Nightswipe0

I think she’ll fall way off though. She’s an advanced character and will go the way of Spinal or Kan Ra… seen at high levels, but never at low levels.

Just throw bats man. The best way I’ve dealt with Rash is to always throw light bats. The first bat will peel the armor on the wrecking ball the others will knock him out of it.

Reset my rank started over with Mira all the way at the bottom of bronze and am now halfway through Gold. As a Fullgore player you should be comfortable with her. That’s how I play her, they was Fullgore players play against me and my other mains. Fullgores usually throw fireballs and teleport behind you to get mix ups. Do the same with Mira. Throwbats and get close to them and do your mix ups. Started playing her like Kim Wu which is basically just relying on regular low high mixups it’s working. The bats and her normal range make it easier than it is for Kim Wu.

I was just having to play it real safe and mostly defensive. I relied mostly on the neutral MP, blocked and counter attacked, spent a little bit of time in combo breaker training, it’s almost sad how much effort I put into beating my kid. And I still didn’t beat Rash by much.

@CRIS178 I tried bats, but they’re a bit slow on startup, so I had trouble firing them off. Keep in mind I haven’t spent a whole lot of time with Mira yet…I’m wanting to say lvl 14 tops with 2xp bonus, so I’m sure I won’t have a lot of problems with her later.

Yeah I’m already finding new stuff to use it for. Can’t wait to see what some actual GOOD players (aka much much better than me) come up with! :grin:

I’m liking her more and more with each passing day. What an awesome character design.

get a hitbox my friend

Having a blast with Mira. Always walking the fine line between life and death. And she walks and talks so sexy.

1 Like

With her accent and all I kinda wish they would have had an accessory set for her that made her look like the Baroness from G.I.Joe.

MIRA is awesome, why are you dissapointed ? at least you cant mash and win with her like most of the cast

I was expecting a different type of vampire character, not a stereotypical one. But then again sabrewulf is the stereotypical werewolf/wolfman so it was to be expected. I don’t like her play-style, her risk/reward system and overall her design. smh

I would take less damage for less life drain or a way to get more also anti air bite should do some sort of damage

I’m “meh” on vampires now werewolves I’m picky! DH got it right with Wulf a nice cross. Most werewolves I’ve seen seem to be on one extreme or the other.

She’d have to give up more than just damage. She’s stupid “safe” when she spends life, has a pretty scary high/low, and has magnificent get-in/get-out tools. Homing bats + Omen shadow form? shudders

You could probably just tweak her damage linker values or even just her damage ender values, and she’d be fine… but her neutral tools are already walking a pretty fine line.

@DyingAlloy66626

Seconding, haha. I hate when WW are too much wolf, and I hate it even more when they are too much hairy dude. KI nailed it.

Im having a hard time with footises and netural i suck with air dashes and mist punishes jump ins killing me

I ■■■■■■■ love Mira, her damage is too good! xD

3 Likes