Hisako Flip-Out Tech

It was very well made. I loved the references! I wish I had software like that…

I’d be making more tech videos, instead of just uploading Random clips like I do… :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

hey guys, good to see the discussion is still going strong here! ive yet to implement the flip outs as of late, im still using my usual hisako antics and its been working out thus far. definitely been bringing the pain out there with clutch counters when people least expect it. i just seriously need to get into the lab with her, havent done that yet. i see some potential perhaps in her new air EX ORZ, but cant figure how to use it unless they are being blatantly foolish with jump ins.

my biggest issue though, i get people too damn scared to fight me they just start running away the entire match even if i got the life lead. they’ll come in, try to poke past my defense and combo me. so i go on the counter offensive and off they go!

btw @Marbledecker, i nailed somebody with st.LK > ORZ. it didnt counter because i had no faith in it actually landing, but i did it pretty fast nonetheless. ill try to test it out again today on somebody or if i manage to get my as$ into practice

Still need to lab that one up - right now I’m just not feeling it, but after some research I may discover that this is an unwarranted feeling (gosh, I hope so anyhow).

Oh god, I actually LOVE when that happens. I’m perfectly content to park my ■■■■ full-screen and watch the clock tick down closer to my taking the W. Added bonus: most often they get impatient and approach me in an unsafe manner, allowing me to further my life lead. Good times :smiley:

Gonna lab that up, probably tonight - I’m about 99% positive that every time you and I hit someone with that, it’s because they’re not blocking when they should be.

Well, no strategy should be used all the time. I do think flipout though should be used about as often as is feasible. It gives you a nearly guaranteed meaty setup, and that is almost always something to be prized. Sure, my opponent could DP me, but he can do that on any normal knockdown too.

It’s surprisingly practical in a lot of situations too, in a lot of ways that you probably wouldn’t see if you don’t play Sako consistently. If I AA you with cr.HP, if I’m not in instinct what do I get? An air-ORZ which will give me a soft knockdown and further deplete my wrath? A jumping HP that will do the same, but maybe give me some space as well on the guy’s wakeup? Now, with flipout, I can instead get a guaranteed meaty mixup out of any anti-air. That’s pretty darn strong for Hisako, who’s got really good options to blow up just about anything you could try to do defensively. Sure, there’s a bit of guesswork involved, but Hisako players kind of have to live in that space anyway. :slight_smile:

I vote Riptor and TJ for best flip out tech, by the way. Both of those characters are pretty darn ridiculous off of one. Wulf probably comes in a close third.

1 Like

That’s a great way to put it. It’s not necessarily something like “I’m gonna do THIS because it’s strong”; more so “hey, I should probably do this because X/Y/Z just happened”.

Absolutely! :smiley: That’s something I definitely try to stress when discussing Hisako to people who aren’t too familiar - she lives and dies off of reads. Risky, risky business.

Actually…

Just how many characters do we have, have that playstyle? :open_mouth:

Hmm. I could argue that Aganos lives in that headspace. They certainly have to do a lot of thinking ahead, and then thinking ahead of what they were just thinking about.

That discussion could get pretty drawn out if we’re not careful, LOL… maybe another thread? “Characters who Depend Most on Hard Reads” perhaps?

Hey guys, got in the lab. Yeah you can’t combo off st.lk. my bad! I guess a lot of opponents are just pushing buttons on me or are unaware!

I’m trying the flip out stuff now, it’s not so hard and it definitely has its uses at the right time. Gonna build muscle memory on that, it’s definitely strong.

I also had a rather good victory using hisako’s normals. You can stop alot of ppl cold and control the spacing if they see you’re on point. I’m training atm to find the absolute max range on her mediums and fierces. Basic I know, but many ppl fail at basics in gold that I’m seeing. Whiff punishes here we come…

1 Like

Hisako has the third best footsies in the game, at least according to Infil’s graph.

I know I certainly have a great time controlling space with that naginata.

1 Like

Yeah, only way to combo off Hisako’s lights is to use meter for shadow ORZ.

I saw the hit counter go up that day, so I must’ve mistaken it

So am I the only who’s seen that Aganos flips out hella weird? I swear that when he has chunks he falls slower than any other character. Crap is super annoying…it has literally cost me matches :grimacing:

I’ve only scored one flip-out on an Aganos, and he was REALLY high in the air so I had plenty of time to sort out my spacing to land it - but I can definitely see how it could get wonky.

i like that fierce strikes ignore armor. makes dealing with that landfill alot easier if the ■■■■■■■ always goes for a grab and keeps chunking up. if anybody has taught me to tech throws…its that jerk lol.

edit: guys, dont forget about the wrath cancel teleport. it can trick people, im gonna start working on it today and see the effect i have on opponents. they arent used to hisako just disappearing on them that i can say for sure.

does anybody know how to get an opponent in the extra long hit stun as if on full wrath during a combo? i saw a hisako on the world cup who was doing it but cant remember exactly how. he’d hit the opponent, hes stunned, drop combo, go in for reset dmg

1 Like

This sounds to me like counter-hit manuals while in instinct.

Yeah, they’re just full wrath manuals (and not resets incidentally). You can get those super long stuns (staggers now) off of close HP and both versions of HK.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Just finished for the day with hisako. 12-1. I started using the flip outs! So fun, and nobody has gotten away from my mix ups yet. Did possession, then again another opponent with cr.mk >EX ORZ > combo

1 Like

I too began using flip outs and it’s really really good. I was killer before the reset but I’m almost out of qualifier because a lot of these people jump in on me a lot. This allows me to anti air them with c.hp and then go for a flip out and go ape ■■■■ on them.

I’m feeling more confident with my hisako.

2 Likes

So glad to hear that! :smiley:

OK so - I’m taking a day or two off of playing so I can kick some videos out. I meant to do that this weekend but I got caught up in playing sets/training, but that’s OK because it garnered me some more footage to work with.

1 Like

Well I gotta be confident if I’m gonna attempt for the KIWC series :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like