Hisako Flip-Out Tech

LOL

2 Likes

Very nice. I’m brand new, but filing this away for study and application ASAP.

1 Like

Hm, I couldnt jump cancel after ORZ. Everytime I tried to, she wouldnt and she would just stand there or combo into an auto double. Was I doing it wrong?

The 3rd hit of ORZ must be heavy, and the opponent must be airborne. Set the dummy to Jump and give it another shot :smiley:

Ooooh they have to be air borne? Damn I thought you could jump cancel it while they are grounded. That sucks lol

yes and no.

no because sometimes people will try to jump outta the way and you’ll nail them with it so you can go and use flip out tech.

yes because its situational

1 Like

You’ll honestly be surprised just how often you hit people with Heavy ORZ while they’re airborne. It’s a great way to catch people thinking they’re safe to jump at mid-screen - and as @R1stormrider said, jumping to escape her rekka is a common (albeit puzzling) occurrence.

Parrying Hisako is fun. The other Hisako stops in her tracks, almost like saying, “Hey! I’m supposed to parry you! What is this!?”

I got a nasty little trick that beats KimParry™ :smiling_imp: (though she still gets the dragon)

I’d have to see it in a match with you soon!

As Morpheus once said to Neo,

“Show Me.”

1 Like

I’ll show it to you and Storm, but I’m mostly keeping that one under wraps until after CEO LOL

1 Like

Lol. No lie, the hardest Matchups will not be the pros at CEO, but us 3. XD

Hehe, I’ll shed a manly tear for either of you if I’m lucky enough to defeat you

I still got Double Elimination. I’ll fight my way back up!
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/25235723.jpg

2 Likes

Lol. We’ll probably wind up on complete opposite sides of the bracket :joy:

I did finally run into an opponent who had zero respect for flip out mix-ups. Been wondering how long it would take for that to happen actually. Flipped him out at the beginning of the match and he DP’d me in the face as soon as he landed.

He was a pretty mediocre player otherwise, but I’ll admit that he’s probably done the best I’ve seen at avoiding flip out mixups. After that first DP I tried baiting out other ones, but he did a surprisingly good job of mixing it up. Eventually I finally caught him with flip out->cr+HP->flip out->command grab, but I must have flipped him out 8 or 9 times in that fight (as I said, he was pretty mediocre and kept jumping).

It was an interesting experience. Didn’t realize how much I’d come to rely on flip outs as a way to turn defense (an AA) into offensive pressure.

1 Like

Yeah - most of these set-ups that don’t cross up will lose to panic DPs (and auto-correct is still a possibility on the cross-ups), but I try not to think about it too much unless I’m presented with a good reason to worry about it (which it sounds like that particular opponent certainly did).

Yeah - it’s really a thing this season isn’t it? At first when I put that video together I thought “half of this is impractical but why not document it anyway” - then I was subsequently surprised at just how much I’d use flip-out.

1 Like

Flipout for Hisako is very strong, but I feel like it’s not to be used all the time. It’s more for Mixups, and even then, it’s not practical. But Flipout is still new, so who knows?

.#Inb4HisakoVortex

Edit: But the only character that is scarier than Hisako with Flipout, is TJ Combo.

(shudders)

Hmm… really it’s situational. It depends a lot on your opponent - for instance, Storm mentioned that he used flip-out 8 - 9 times in that match, but that would not have been possible if they weren’t excessively jumping; furthermore, had this particular opponent not been panic-DPing at the sight of flip-out, Storm would have had no reason to be tentative about using it! It’s sort of two-fold: you need the opportunity to do it, and then you need to assess the risk of doing so to each opponent case-by-case; then of course comes the matter of whether or not you have an easier/better option.

TJ’s flip-out is pretty darned strong. Riptor and Sabrewulf make really good use of flip-out too.

Right. From your video, I was looking and thinking how practical that really is in a fight, and how you Can set that up in the heat of the moment.

That, and those 2 second cutaways of random stuff. That Hisako startled me at the end.

.#RIPHeadphones

I’m going to be posting a few replays in the next few days where I’ve used flip-out setups in the heat of battle. :smiley: It’s totally doable, but not something you should go fishing for in my opinion.

Honestly - those are there because I don’t have a capture card and have to capture everything with Game DVR, so all of my footage is in pieces… that, coupled with the obvious Ringu influence, is the reason why the video is so spoopy :sweat_smile:

1 Like