I’m not missing that again - definitely going to be there in 2017. :smiley:

I’ll be attending NWM and Combo Breaker for an attempt at getting points XP

Gonna try and do hisako proud

1 Like

Best of luck! I’ll be doing the same @ CEO this year :smiley:

1 Like

Aforementioned incident:

3 Likes

hey guys, yesterday i ran into a very strong hisako player. my scouting Fulgore unit was in full data gathering mode after a FT5 set. i come to you all with some juicy details, and i have replays downloaded from his memory banks so i can review things further.

-hisako’s regular throw. usually everybody will manual lights or mediums. this hisako was able to close st.FK manual

-delayed ground ORZ. usually when you all get your first block in to ORZ, you’ll probably by habit try to grab her out of it. this opponent was able to delay the ORZ’s 2nd strike. he went in with a LP variant, i throw whiffed!

-potential option select?? i was hit with a TK ORZ, followed by a light punch, immediately cancelled into Influence. i think it may have been an OS because how fast it happened, or he mashed it out from the intensity of the fight. had it been a full wrath grab, alot more damage wouldve been done

-full wrath TK ORZ > stun state > dash forward > influence command grab > mix up was also used

im gonna watch the replays and come back again later with more info. this is all i can remember off the top of my head. i learned alot of juicy stuff fighting this guy, we traded GGs and he wants to fight my robot again. more to come after work fellow yokais

1 Like

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your filthy mouth you hessian :wink:

Love this - pulled this one on someone in ranked recently, that’ll be in one of the ranked highlight videos I post in the very near future.

This is an old tick-throw setup - not an OS to my knowledge. @llPaulBll was the first Hisako to proof-of-concept that setup to my knowledge (his version utilized standing light kick).

That’s S2 tech as well! But it’s still cool. Now in S3 you can add a wrinkle into the setup - so TK-ORZ > Dash Forward > Cl.HK (or HP) > dash forward > command throw - so there’s a mixup inherent after the first dash, since you can choose to throw them out of hitstun or hit them with a stagger normal.

:open_mouth:

(Takes Notes)

he showed me a bunch of goodies i dont use, even if its old tech. nor do i seee other hisakos use it lol. even if this is old hat, its still good to get a refresh i figure

and i know about the tick throw thing, but it happened really fast and all the hits connected. i didnt block cuz i was confused

1 Like

Oh don’t get me wrong - that’s all good stuff :wink:

yep, he did alot more i just need to watch the replays. another guy was able to do 2 ORZ strikes > delay > 2 more strikes. the timing was so good he made it seem like hisako was getting a 4th hit! i need to explore the usage of delayed ORZ, alot of ppl are used to blocking high expecting the FP variant coming to prevent them from poking or grabbing.

1 Like

I’m planning a video looking at her Rekka extensively - and this will definitely be covered. There’s specific ways we can use that delay to land confirms.

Overall I am just glad we have Hisakos talking tech in this sub-forum - and I hope more of us come forward to share. :smiley:

what do you mean by TK ? lol :sweat_smile:

-hisako’s regular throw. usually everybody will manual lights or mediums. this hisako was able to close st.FK manual

Are you sure after a regular throw can do close standing heavy kick ? I mean I haven’t tested it out yet but that would be awesome.

-potential option select?? i was hit with a TK ORZ, followed by a light punch, immediately cancelled into Influence. i think it may have been an OS because how fast it happened, or he mashed it out from the intensity of the fight. had it been a full wrath grab, alot more damage wouldve been done

I’ve been using this option select in S2. What it was I was using cr.lk canceled into counter while inputting the heavy influence. If they were hit = Influence, If they block = Influence, If they dp = Counter. The only way to get out of this set up was backdash or jump on the early frame after being hit by cr.lk.

I’m not using this OS anymore well because people still think that Air On Ryo San is + on block and it’s not. You’ll still lose do dp or people mashing fast cr. jab.

-full wrath TK ORZ > stun state > dash forward > influence command grab > mix up was also used

I use that a lot its awesome.

So far imo Hisako seems better in s3 and having a good shadow counter was enough to help her in some match up like riptor.

I really look forward to see if we can really do heavy manual after her throw. Can anybody really confirm this :neutral_face:

If you could post this ft5 match that would be awesome.

1 Like

TK ORZ = Tiger Knee ORZ. like Makoto’s mid air kick special from SF4. she’ll do the mid air ORZ instantly (now with delayed start up post S3 balance changes)

i beeen seeing alot of ppl posting that hisako got stronger in S3, its a good sign that she will only grow to be more dangerous.

heavy TK ORZ is no longer positive on block, the lighter version of it is if im not mistaken. i gotta watch those replays again later today. id post up the whole set, but i dont want to say goodbye to my free time just uploading things when i could be fighting and learning. im gonna be away from the game possibly until the weekend after today so its my last chance to get things done lol. ill take notes that you can count on. there is plenty of info coming up

edit: just saw this on the killer instinct FB group! apparently you can counter kan-ra’s scarabs on start up and riptor’s firebreath! ill test that today after i review replays

I’ve been in training mode and are you sure you can use heavy kick manual after throw. I’ve not been able to pull it out so far. Ether I’m bad or the timing is pretty strict.

@R1stormrider

Edit : Also if you have time for sure. I would really like to see the set, I’m really curious.

@STORM179 - looks like I’m going to have to let that cat out of the bag huh? :sweat: May as well make a short video on it…

maybe he grabbed me and i was faked out expecting a medium but he delayed the close st.FK?

Thank you :grin:

1 Like

I was going to save that until after CEO but it looks like people are already starting to figure that stuff out (which I honestly expected) and my making a video about it won’t make it any less strong.

The short version - yes she can close heavy HP and HK off of throw, which causes stagger. This means there’s another branch of mix-up off of her standard throw. The Sneaky Tree™ has a few more branches now.

Lol. You’re funny - I actually tried to hit you with that several times last night near the beginning of our set. It just loses to backdashes and DP’s, so we never saw it.

@Marbledecker it would appear so :hushed: I’ll explain it in brief here - your call on if you want to make a video on it.

@Samish02 It’s not a manual, but it is a guaranteed reset if they try to break the throw manual or jump out of a command grab. As mentioned above, a backdash out of throw will avoid it cleanly, and a DP will crush it as well. But other than that, it’s a solid punish to people who know to jump out of throw->command grab resets or people who are trying to break your light or medium manuals.

2 Likes

Yes yes yes… so two things are obviously implied in this:

• Reading the opponent correctly
  • Conditioning the opponent to expect either a grab reset, a manual into combo, or the close normal reset

Once they think you’re the type to use one, choose another. Once they catch onto that, choose the third. You can use them interchangeably based on what your opponent expects you to do off of the throw.

I’m almost positive that this was intentional, as it fits into the grand Hisako scheme of making people afraid to do things.