Guests outside Rare

Kenshiro’s outro - “You’re already dead…”

1 Like

Conker. No other suggestions needed.
… except maybe Joanna Dark

I kidna agree. even though smash it’s mostly liscend characters of Nintendo it already has alot of animeish characters as it is. Not thanks

I’m still sticking by the idea of including the Arbiter if the next guess is someone outside of Rare.

Soul Calibar 4 is also a game to go to if you want anime characters as guests.

Don’t get me wrong I have alot of favroite animes but I don’t really think we need any as guests.

Actually Aria has some potentially inspired by it. But Hisako is actually inspired the ancient japanese lore of the Onryo which is famous due to the movie: “The Ring” But I see where you’re coming from.

I don’t mind if Joanna Dark makes it, so long as her gun gameplay can be balanced in comparison to the likes of Dante and Stryker.

idk, I think Johnny Cage would be a pretty good fit. Or Vampire Hunter D.

“Omae wa mo shindeiru.”

1 Like

Spiderman.

'Nuff said.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

and no Master Chief either please.
I couldn’t have agreed anymore to this statement made by a good friend of mine a while back regarding guest characters in general but particularly Master Chief
" If the game needs to take a character that doesn’t really fit the tone of the game at all and push him in there just to bring in numbers because halo has brought in numbers, there’s an issue there. It says that the game doesn’t hold up the way it should for the competitive scene anymore. We’re getting a PC port. Sf5 is on the horizon. I guarantee you Master Chief is not gonna do anything other than get someone to buy the game to play chief and then drop it in a month. Looking for a guest character to boost the roster is not the answer."

That’s a good way of looking at it. Never thought of it like that.

I agree on MC, but some might argue that it’s not the 100 000 that drop the game in a month but the 1000 (hopefully) who remain playing after that month.

A Ninja Ostrich.
A Galactic Geek.
A Blind Fighter.
Lol.
On a serious note Dust.

1 Like

ryu, ken, akuma, sagat, sub-zero, scorpion, smoke, hayabusa, dante or dont bother.

I can already see the second gues beeing another niche nonsensical character nobody cares about.
rash is in because phil spencer wanted a toad in the game, so I have no faith in any o their choices, since they have no clue about what fighting games fans really want.

How does Master Chief not fit the tone of KI though?

Look at KI’s characters, the backgrounds and the plot. This game has everything from a futuristic Gundam style robot to a high tech alien and soon we’ll see a galactic invasion.

The tone may be a little darker in nature, but it’s a pretty broad mix of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. I don’t see how ARIA fits but MC doesn’t. Or how Glacius would fit but The Arbiter wouldn’t.

Don’t get me wrong. I like Halo, but I don’t love it, so I’m certainly not married to the idea that someone from that universe HAS to be in KI by any stretch of the imagination.

But I don’t think that putting a Halo character like MC in KI automatically means that there’s something wrong with KI or that they’re hoping and praying that MC can revive their dying fighting game.

I mean, if that were the case, why would they have chosen Rash as the first guest? It’s not like Battletoads has a Halo type following by any stretch of the imagination. It was a niche franchise back when they were making games in the series some 20+ odd years ago.

So why waste that roster spot if they really needed to put someone like Marcus Phoenix from Gears or maybe Solid Snake or Dante or some other character from a bigger, more high profile series if they felt season 3 really needed to be propped up by guest character purchases?

Anyways, I’d be okay with MC, though I can certainly think of some other characters that I’d like more. What I’m kinda confused by is why so many have suggested Conker. I get that Rash pushes the comedy envelope of what characters can be in the game, but do people really want a small, foul mouthed talking squirrel in Killer Instinct? I don’t really get that one personally, but to each, his own.

I see what you did there. :smirk:

1 Like

Could you make Master Chief into an interesting fighting game character? Definitely. Even if you don’t care about Halo or the name-dropping of another IP, it’s entirely possible to look at a KI version of MC as a character with interesting mechanics, mixups, and neutral, and just pretend he’s an original character that IG came up with. Call him “Bob the Soldier” if “Master Chief” triggers bad memories for you.

Does including MC in KI mean KI is a dying game, desperately looking for help from outside their reach? No way. Cameos in games are as old as the genre itself, and it’s actually pretty cool to see cross-brand stuff like this. Look at what Blizzard is doing with Overwatch characters becoming heroes in HOTS, or pet skins in WoW. Pretty much everybody thinks this is awesome. It will immensely help KI’s reach towards a group of players who would have never thought twice about KI (or perhaps even FGs in general). Maybe only 5% of them stick around past the first week, but that’s a ton more players for our scene and for fighting games in general. If MC makes new fans out of people, even just a small number, it’s a successful idea.

Will MC make KI a worse game? Not at all. Maybe the MC archetype will really resonate with you! But if it doesn’t, just go play other characters. Kan-Ra isn’t for everyone either.

Does MC fit in the KI universe? I don’t see why not. He’s a futuristic soldier of war in a game where combatants are fighting a futuristic war.

I don’t know what other guests they’ve chosen, but I think MC is a pretty good idea. You can make him an interesting character on his own, the marketing reach is strong (there is traditionally not much crossover in the player base between FPS and fighting games, so there are a ton of new players who haven’t tried the game before), and they don’t need to shoehorn him into the game’s art style or otherwise compromise their aesthetic.

Just put cortana instade off master chief.

Cortana would be interesting but since we’ve never truly seen her fight before I’m curies to see what kind of playstyle she’d have and would she use a weapon like an energy sword or ect.

I’d imagine her instinct would be something like what she did to the Didact in Halo 4 when she duplicates her self and holds him in place but it would be only for a short period of time similar to Sadira’s Instinct.

1 Like

Maybe Axel Stone or Shiva from Streets of Rage

i would love to see a guest character from a long forgotten fighting game called Eternal Champions…

i would love to see Xavier as a guest in season 3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9kaYu695Oc

1 Like

give me the Punisher, or Judge Dredd

1 Like

Arbiter, Laura Croft, Skorge (GoW), Scalebound Drew guy, Metal Gear character, Geralt from Witcher III.

I LOVE Ninja Gaiden Black. But why add him now? Seems out of place. Even Raiden from MGSRR is odd to me b/c the game was so old and he wasn’t in MGSV, but I still think its viable. He is really fitting and its backward compat now and MGSV does make him relevant in a way regardless. I just feel like major games that are pretty current would be best.

What I’d also like is just some costumes instead. Maybe just a Cole GoW marine git up for TJ Combo. We’ve discussed this before. Like a Grunt costume for Wulf wud be fun fun too too. Add Arbiter and just make a Spartan armor set up for Fulgore (and if Halo added a Fulgore armor set! OMG fam!) Oooo what about making a Cinder gear set up as Man on Flamer. Make Orchid have a Cortana look. You know what i’m saying my beautiful children

1 Like