Guests outside Rare

No need for visual aid, I am more than familiar with both of the characters.

I can see the similarities, I’m not blind but as I said in my other posts we have half the cast that all belong to the same species yet they all have drastically different features and play styles. Also, who’s to say that the Arbiter would use guns? From most of what I’ve seen he’d probably wind up with one or possibly two energy swords, just because Halo is a shooter you think IG and MS would go for the low hanging fruit? Give the developers some credit, if they can make half a dozen humans with varying personalities I know they could make the Aribiter unique and possibly the coolest guest this game could have.

2 Likes

Even between same species in the game they are all pretty unique. Glacius and Arbiter are not at all distinct as Orchid compared with Sadira. Two energy swords would pretty much betray the character seeing as how the majority of the games he carried other covenant weapons. A carbine would be more likely. He’s also be wearing his new gold armor but too be honest I think Agent Locke has a better shot at being in the game than the Arbiter.

Also, you do realize IG has pretty much just straight up cloned their move sets from SF. Omen being the least creative in the cast and even having Chun Li’s kicks and Cinder taking Guiles Flash Kick. While I do give them credit in delivering some fun mechanics am not going to give them slack for a ton of sloppy work on Season 2 when it comes to animations, Omen, and Cinder.

1. You’re contradicting yourself. A human is a human, having two aliens with a few similar features is a hell of a lot more different than a tall human, a buff human, a slender human and an average human.

2. There has been more than one Arbiter in the Halo universe, at least one of them that I am aware of has used two energy swords simultaneously. The antagonist of Halo Wars, Ripa 'Moramee for example. Plus even if they did depict the current Arbter Thel 'Vadam with two swords that wouldn’t somehow betray his design, he could have a needler and still be Arby. As far as his armor, I’m sure gold would just be another one of his many character colors.

3. You complain that Glacius and the Arbiter are to similar but you’d rather over-saturate the game with more human characters? Locke isn’t all that special, he’d be a pretty boring addition if you ask me. If you took my hopes of seeing the Arbiter in halo and stomped them under your boot I’d pick some more interesting choices than Locke, such as Johnson, The Brute Chieftain Tartarus, hell I’d take a pair of grunts stacked on top of each other.

4. Yeah, IG ripped off Street fighter and so did literally every single fighting game in the history of ever. Why do you think the industry standard for an uppercut is called a “DP”? It’s not a shameful thing to borrow from other games, EVERY fighting game does it. That’s not a practical argument that IG is somehow robbing Capcom of their originality. Simple fact is IG and MS are clever, they make good content and if they choose to make an Arbiter character he’ll be interesting, unique, fun and will resemble Glacius little to not at all.

5. Omen was a half-assed stopgap filler character, you can’t exactly chastise them for rehashing moves. Half of his animations are plucked straight from existing characters in the game already. He’s supposed to be a clone, that’s who he is.

I’m just trying to say I have faith that the devs can make this character interesting, just because he has a similar physical form to an existing cast member is no reason to dismiss him from contention. Especially when at least half of the current roster is just “clones” of other humanoid characters already in-game.

2 Likes

Am not contradicting myself am just pointing out that you are reaching too far when comparing the human characters together. The human maybe humans but each has his own theme. There is little to no differences between glacius in terms of looks and body structure.

I assumed you meant the main arbiter that we know and love today not the others which would be even more out of place for the hundreds who never played Wars. Remember, a lot of people were confused with the Halo 4 plot because they didn’t know the lore from the books. Bringing up an older Arbiter would be as head scratching to a lot of people as putting Medicant Bias in the game. Tarturus would be cool but like I said it’s better to keep it simple and a Spartan seems more appropriate. Also, I never said human characters you just assumed that.

There is a difference between copying the DP motion than the straight up copy and paste that was the chun li kicks and flash kick.

Anyways this all pointless anyways. It’s almost 90% certain that the Arbiter won’t be in the game. I mean Halo 5 is about the dynamic between Locke and Chief. It wouldn’t make sense to put in the Arbiter just for that.

You’re quick to dismiss human characters but say have faith in IG and MS. If they are as good as you say they can make Locke or Chief his own unique and fun character.

You just did it again.

You say all of the humans are different in theme, despite being physically similar. Glacius and the Aribiter are somewhat similar physically just like the humans yet their “themes” as you put it are completely different. One is a spindly ice alien wrapped in gelatinous armor who manipulates ice for his attacks. The Arbiter is a weird split-chinned warrior alien who uses his strength and gadgets to overpower his enemies. They might look kinda similar but clearly their THEMES are completely different.

I wouldn’t say there is any percentage of confirmation who will or won’t be in season 3, honestly. Also you can’t base your judgements on what is going on in Halo right now, clearly they don’t care about what is relevant if they added Rash into the game, a character who hasn’t had any attention in almost as long as KI had.

I’m just saying that choosing a Spartan is the lowest of the low hanging fruit, if you’re going to add a Halo character add someone interesting. Plopping the Chief into KI is neither interesting or inventive and since they reached so far out of their comfort zone to pluck Rash from obscurity they could do a heck of a lot better. Not to mention clearly they’re listening to the fans and as it is right now Joanna and the Arbiter are the two top choices after Rash.

Look drop it man. Clearly you don’t understand or want to acknowledge any of their similarities. No matter what I say I won’t convince you nor will try. Moving on.

They have been hinting at Battletoads for a long while now. Heck, Phil Spencer wore a BT shirt at the Xbox PC conference months before E3. They put Battletoads in Shovel Knight. There is a Battletoads themed car in the new Forza. In the Phantom Dust cancelation article on Kotaku the developers of the new Phantom Dust share that they were denied access from trying to attempt a BT game hinting that someone else was already working on that.

In terms of popularity I think a Spartan would have more mainstream appeal to the masses which is the reason for guest characters to be in the game. It’s to appeal to non fighting game fans and get them interested. I would enjoy a brute better though. Like that one from the Halo Wars trailer.

I don’t “want to argue” at all, this is a forum and we’re having a discussion.

I’m going to stop this conversation if that’s what you want but I’m pretty certain that we will not be seeing any rehashed Spartan characters in KI. They already did that in DOA years ago, I just think they can do a hell of a lot better.

Exile from Tao Feng

Vegard from Kakuto Chojin

He would be awesome

I know it’s not owned by MS/IG but I think Death from Darksiders 2 would fit:
1 - He uses various weapons aside from his scythes, so maybe he could have 2 side weapons (let’s say… armblades and glaive) and be able to switch between them like ARIA? Maybe even mid-combo?
2 - His trinkets/gadgets could be useful special moves.
3 - His movement and attacks are already quite fast. (Flipsaw would be a cool leaping attack or air-to-air eh?).
4 - His instinct could be his reaper form, or allows the use of some attacks with the flash of reaper form.

Anyway it’s just a thought…

If we have to have guests, which is fine, then there are a ton of characters that I’d love to see in KI.

My first choice would be Kaim from Lost Odyssey, one of my all time favorite games and one of the best Xbox 360 games IMO:

Second choice would be either one of Kain or Raziel. Honestly, I’d be fine with both. Not sure how well they’d fit in, but I’m sure that they could be molded a bit to fit the KI aesthetic.

But if I were really letting my imagination go a little bit…

This guy, for example.

Or how about ACTUAL Bruce Lee. Every other fighting game has a clone of him. How about getting the real deal? Maybe even just call him “Lee” as a tribute to his Enter the Dragon character?

My guess however is that MS will be looking to cross-promote with a different game that they own or are pushing strongly.

In that case:

Without it being a super bloody game, KI could actually make sense for Lara. Bow and arrow, pick axes, guns, flares and an acrobatic move list… Could be interesting.

Or…

Instead of my original ReCore idea, which @xSkeletalx rightly pointed out would probably match ARIA a bit too much in style, how about some cross promotion for the new Crackdown?

No clue how they’d be able to work the dragon in, perhaps for some sort of super attack? But even without any use of the dragon whatsoever, this is a solid character concept that MS might want to push for more exposure on in 2016.

2 Likes

Come on guys, it’s obvious we are getting a MK character. With KI and MKX both getting new fighters and both devs being connected i am 99% sure KI is getting a MK fighter and the other way around.

The question is who gets who?

Please please not Scorpion.

My bet is Fulgor for MK. His moveset fits perfectly into MK.
I have no idea what MK char would come to KI though. I guess all would work.

much as I’d love to see Scorpion in KI as well I don’t see this happening either. PERSONALLY I’d rather we stick with MS IPs.

I personally would not mind this. The arbiter would be a great addition to KI because of his combat skills both in close range and far range. I would only like one more guest character and the Arbiter would be a good choice.

2 Likes

You’re awesome

How about Ori from Ori and the Blind Forest? Ori may be small but what he lacks in size he makes up for in his strength and abilities as well as firepower especially from Sein :wink:

They did that with ARIA, did they not? At least, I don’t see enough of a difference to make it worth seeing another character have the swapping mechanic she does.

Agreed. I know nothing about Arbitier…but when i first saw him all i could think of is Glacius

Yeah, I suppose you’re right. I didn’t think about that until after posting that yesterday. I guess my vision of it was more of a passive character that had other creatures fighting for her and both her and the creature would be on the screen at the same time, but I get what you’re saying. Think I might actually change that out. Good call. :grin: