Guest characters don't have to be from MS IPs

Wait, seriously?

Yup.

It’s just hard to make use of it because of the hitbox on it and Gargos’ size/jump arc. You’re better off just doing grounded AA grab.

:astonished:

*runs to practice mode *

Well, son of a b*tch…that’s pretty neat. But yeah, the grab box is kinda small on it. I could see it being useful if you make a good read regarding a player trying to jump to avoid a grab (lol), but other than that it doesn’t look very useful. Not practical in most situations, but it’d be great for intimidation if you can land it.

2 Likes

I’ve known about it since he released - I’ve tried it but can almost never hit with it. In fact, nearly every time I tried, he threw out a normal attack instead. :frowning:

You can land it after instant j.HP (so you land instead of swoop, not sure of the best way to transcribe it, but I don’t like TK for single buttons). But, you can also just HP Grab there for better options… I haven’t tested breakability, but it might be a forced guess if you use Air Grab. It might be worthwhile to experiment with…?

You can but air grab is trash either way. I think it would be fair if it was treated as an ender like Maya’s mantis.

1 Like

You want to give Gargos an air cashout? Oh dear :confounded:

Well good luck landing it XD The chances of that happening is very low. The only way I know of is portal punch ender into Cr.hp instinct cancel into air grab XD.

So are Maya’s mantis combos outside of instinct. And they’re still strong.

1 Like

So we want air grab the character in S3? Interesting guest change.

@SonicDolphin117’s got a point. While I like the idea of air grab cashout, I don’t know if it’d be too good or not. I have a hard time discerning salt from rationale when it comes to discussing the relative balance of Gargos…

I’d love it if they broke away from Nintendo and came back to Microsoft. Back when the original Xbox came out, Sega was flooding the system with their awesome franchises like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2, Gunvalkyrie, Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi 3, Outrun 2, Sega GT, Toe Jam & Earl 3, and House of the Dead 3.

I would absolutely love it if MS and Sega partnered up again for several titles. Maybe bring back Skies of Arcadia and Shining Force for the RPG fans, get Virtua Fighter, Eternal Champions and Fighting Vipers for FG fans… So much potential here!! Okay… I’ll calm down now lol. :slight_smile:

As for non-MS guest characters, I’d still love to see Kain or Raziel from the Blood Omen / Soul Reaver titles. I could see IG doing some really cool stuff with either of those characters.

1 Like

All “meh” titles, IMO…

Really? Wow, I completely disagree. Of course, many of these are from some of my favorite Dreamcast / arcade series, so I won’t lie about the fact that some of that opinion has a bit of nostalgia baked in, but I think they’re all good games regardless.

1 Like

Shhhh! Jet Set Radio Future was great!

No more guest characters… but if I were to choose:

1 Like

I already said what I thought on this subject matter in another thread, so I think I’ll just link that reply here rather than say it all again. :stuck_out_tongue:

I take it you have a thing for psychic characters then.

Oh Genji and Nightwing sound AWESOME LOL

Psylocke is the only character on the list with psychic powers.
But yes.