Guest characters don't have to be from MS IPs

I’d love it if they broke away from Nintendo and came back to Microsoft. Back when the original Xbox came out, Sega was flooding the system with their awesome franchises like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue 2, Gunvalkyrie, Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi 3, Outrun 2, Sega GT, Toe Jam & Earl 3, and House of the Dead 3.

I would absolutely love it if MS and Sega partnered up again for several titles. Maybe bring back Skies of Arcadia and Shining Force for the RPG fans, get Virtua Fighter, Eternal Champions and Fighting Vipers for FG fans… So much potential here!! Okay… I’ll calm down now lol. :slight_smile:

As for non-MS guest characters, I’d still love to see Kain or Raziel from the Blood Omen / Soul Reaver titles. I could see IG doing some really cool stuff with either of those characters.

1 Like

All “meh” titles, IMO…

Really? Wow, I completely disagree. Of course, many of these are from some of my favorite Dreamcast / arcade series, so I won’t lie about the fact that some of that opinion has a bit of nostalgia baked in, but I think they’re all good games regardless.

1 Like

Shhhh! Jet Set Radio Future was great!

No more guest characters… but if I were to choose:

1 Like

I already said what I thought on this subject matter in another thread, so I think I’ll just link that reply here rather than say it all again. :stuck_out_tongue:

I take it you have a thing for psychic characters then.

Oh Genji and Nightwing sound AWESOME LOL

Psylocke is the only character on the list with psychic powers.
But yes.

Season 4 is not guaranteed but if there were guests whom cost money to license for would be even less likely than before. They could be great though… or they could be terrible (Crackdown Agent)

Wasn’t rumours. . Just people talking about it and a few trolls

I honestly don’t think time was so much a factor as timing. I mean if you think about it, with season 1 DH was scrambling to get it out the door so Amazon could swallow them up, and for Season 2 IG had just come on the scene and was struggling to keep on a tight schedule to get 9 more characters out, and when they finally got a chance to breathe & regroup, they added guests.

Plus you know there would been a huge lynch mob if Arbiter showed up before half of the original cast did. So they waited until all that was left was a couple of the not-so-popular characters & the 2 bosses, which everyone was arguing about whether they should have even been added or left out since they weren’t “playable characters”.

1 Like

This confuses me, so DH never really wanted to continue KI and continue working with MS neither?

I really don’t know. But When the news dropped about the buyout, DH made it pretty clear that towards the end of season 1 all they were going to work on is tying up loose ends and moving on. I don’t think it was a matter of what they wanted to do so much as the heads of DH as it was they couldn’t have their cake & eat it too (ie keep working on KI & take Amazon’s money)

2 Likes

I want Overwatch to get its own fighting game.

3 Likes

Overwatch vs. Battleborn anyone?

Just Overwatch would be fine. The game has a big enough cast already.

Wonder if they could get Reaper as the final boss.

I don’t think more characters from Rare are a good thing. Here is my logic:

1. The main point of guest chars is to get new people whom aren’t already KI fans into KI. (the existing player base seems to prefer original characters rather than guests of any sort)
  2. Those Rare games such as Perfect Dark or Conkers haven’t been relevant to gamers for many years.

Conclusion: Guests from current, and preferably best sellers, games are better choices than retro Rare games.

You’re right. But by that logic we’d get that British BA from that Call of Duty Modern Warfare remake. What was his name again?