Guest Characters Discussion *ULTRA THREAD*

To be fair, most people didn’t know what KI was before its reveal at e3. This is actually my first KI game and I had only come across it before when I saw the cool black cartridge for the SNES a long time ago and even then I thought it was a Predator game.

Couldnt have said it better myself ppl asking for gears and halo characters so stupid

Yeah Scythe is a fable badass, plus Microsoft owns the series.

Same thing was said about Batletoads but look at it now.

That’s cus battletoads was voted highly to be a guest in game it has a big fanbase it wouldn’t be hard as for halo that got like 6th and gears got like 9th Jo dark got 2nd it’s super likely she will appear, As much as I have dying hatred for rash as long as the fans are happy guess I’m ok with it as for serious guest char which should be next. No super cheesy lines and annoying fight dialouge Jo should be next for the more serious guest characters

Okay I agree. It really should be more about what KI fans want but at the same time I feel like KI fans don’t really want any guest characters. Looking at the popular characters on this thread it seems Kameo and Joanna Dark are the top ones on overybody’s minds.

Still, Halo sort of feels like a shoe in because of his popularity and the amount of people that would try the game just for MC. If Halo does happen hope they get the Halo announcer and let him become a KI announcer.

Feel like gears would be a better choice because of how dark it is. Joanna fills in the shooter role well though.

Dude, the Halo announcer is a freakin awesome idea. I can hear it now… Sounds so good in my head.

2 Likes

A Shadowrun character could be cool too, seeing as Microsoft does own that IP as well.

Seriously live me some Shadow Run especially after playing Returna on my laptop. Wonder why they don’t port it to Xbox.

Also, I just got an epiphany. I know it’s a long shot since it’s not a MS IP but can we get one of the dudes from Double Dragon?

Like the other guy said, they should stick to Rare characters.

Personally, I want Kameo but using her proposed design from that cancelled Kameo 2 game, she has alot of potential for moves with her abilities.

Most people have forgotten Battletoads until their recent appearances in Shovel Knight and Killer Instinct.

Halo announcer would kill the game and any halo or gear character they definitly would not come to KI just try it out because master chief or skorge is in, u gain fans from ppl like jo dark though because it’s a rare relations

1 Like

Raikoh from Otogi? I loved that game, miss it so much, but I’d still rather see Joanna Dark. Thank you for the nostalgia though, that wolf dude from the second one was awesome.

lolwat. How do you think that Jo Dark would get people into playing this game? Most people will react with a “who?” than a “oh wow! that’s cool!”. Whereas putting the Halo announcer setting in, RAAM, a Jiralhanae from Halo would all get a “oh wow! That’s cool!” reaction.

If we’re on the topic of this, why not include an agile badass.

IMO, he’s perfect for the game, with a unique playability as well. Make Skorge like how you fought him in Gears of War 2. His staff, for obvious reasons, is his biggest asset. Utilizing this, as he accumulates more damage, the staff breaks, splitting in two after he takes about 33% damage, and then he only has one after he takes 66% damage.

Skorge can be a rekka character with this feature, would probably need some unique animations for each version of his staff (or just not have it break at all, which would definitely be easier). As he loses his staff he gets slightly more agile (much like Vega does when he loses his mask).

Making a fair instinct is what is troubling, it would be cool to have it say, spawn a ticker which you could kick at the opponent and make it dash cancelable. Still debating on what he could have on this.

He could have a teleport which is basically an emergence hole (don’t know if it should be a linker). Overhead opener/linker (obviously - on block) where he does some kick much like how he jumps in to attack you in the beginning of the fight in Gears.

Ultimately think Skorge would be a great fit.

3 Likes

Delusional AF rare made KI it has a huge fanbase they know about KI as for halo/gears fans they don’t give a ■■■■ about KI and would care less if a halo announcer was added which imo would be terrible. U must not have seen how many ppl voted for a halo or gears characters they only got about 4% to 10% of tbe vote where as Joanna got higher votes then both. So there’s your wow and owwwww weee

Two rekka characters why do we need it, i can’t see a locust in this game the gears fan would rip the ■■■■ out of KI for this lol and every other community already is about rash. Jo got highest vote we should get her gears votes were super low

Seriously, what is the issue here? Why is Season 3 suddenly going downhill because guest characters are gonna be in it?

Personally, I don’t mind guest characters. I actually welcome guest characters as long as they’re represented well. In Rash’s case, I think he’s represented to perfection. This is coming from someone who never played Battletoads if that means anything.

As for the “Rash doesn’t fit KI” argument, of course he doesn’t. He’s not a KI character. To me, his gameplay representation is done so well that I don’t even care about that. As long as he doesn’t mess with the actual lore, I could care less what he does. And judging by the kind of character he is, if he did have a story, it’d most likely be treated as a joke anyway.

2 Likes

As for the “Rash doesn’t fit KI” argument, of course he doesn’t. He’s not a KI character

So, why put a character in that doesn’t fit KI, instead of designing a new one that fits?

That comes later. For now, since it’s the beginning of a new Season, they have to grab attention. Announcing a guest character first is how they did it.

EDIT: And not only that, they’re using it as an opportunity to advertise Rare Replay as well. If you buy it, you get a free character for a free game. hurray