Glacius S3 Changes

Exactly. His new infernos are really good. Especially fired up version of his low inferno. I have a few matches of my Cinder vs Paul B’s Hisako which I will upload after wotk today.

So it looks like in most ender/knockdown cases you safely set up 2 hails for your offense, and they seem to help a lot. And his instinct is looking so good right now.

But I must repeat myself, how can his dash be utilized/how effective is it in certain situations?

His dash isn’t the best but you can still back dash say like Cinder’s trail blazers and other stuff. His liquidize during Instinct is what’s really good. Distance and speed it travels is amazing.

Got it on youtube?

Added change list to OP

3 Likes

I have a quick question… I was watching the end of KIWC and watched Rico’s Glacius. He was constantly using shatter to intercept the Sabrewulf’s movement, thereby keeping him far away and getting damage in, or punishing with anti-air if the enemy jumped.

My issue is this: in the new season, Glacius has a longer recovery time after his shatters and theres more “tell” for when a shatter is coming, making them easier to jump. Thus, the option seems to be to use a hail to cover the shatter and deal with jumping opponents that way. However, since shatter also became a projectile, the entire set-up and zoning is easily bypassed by any projectile invulnerable move, leaving Glacius “out in the cold.”

Are all Command Grabs considered projectiles? If not, does that not doubly punish Glacius’ shatter since it is avoidable as a projectile but has the recovery of a command grab?

1 Like

Indeed, shatter now it’s a projectile, and can be avoided by projectile invulnerable moves. This is also a buff and a nerf. For example, Hisako can no longer use her counter to punish this move.

The point is making Glacius a zoner with projectiles, not a long range “grappler”. With this change and the multi Hail, his zoning capabilities are on par with Kan-Ra in terms of “omg there is so much stuff on screen I can’t reach him”, but you can still pass them with patience and meter.

The buffs to his Instinct work very well with this, making him more unpredictable and giving him more mix-up options

Also I assume this “shatter is now a projectile” change means that people can no longer punch your shatter and hurt you? That was always so stupid.

1 Like

Yes it can no longer trade with other shadow moves, however this is a bit of a berf as it means said shadow moves with projectile (or full-on strike) invulnerability will blow right through instead.

I think it would probably be pretty silly if Glacius could call 2-3 hail projectiles and then shatter you as a non-projectile. I don’t think many (any?) characters in the game are equipped to handle this type of zoning. I think cold shoulder does the job of being a physical hit (with hails behind him that no longer disappear, remember). It puts Glacius close which you might not always want, but it’s what you’ll need to do now (that or ice lance) if you want the benefit of projectile + physical hit zoning.

Only Aganos with Shadow Ruin.

He didnt need the dash imo but thats just me :relaxed:

2 Likes

Nobody cares what you think. :wink:

Now that he can fill the screen with even more ice and stuff this MU just got even harder for Cinder, save the only upside being that Glacius hurts less up close.

The new tools Cinder got are only good for being close enough to mean anything, but that can be hard to get Glacius to come to you. Unless you have an aggressive Glacius player.

His flamethrower covers almost full screen, can be used as an opener, and can be aimed in 3 different directions. That should help some.

Only when fired-up until then, don’t see it happening much 8 seconds mean the difference in some cases. Glacius can be full screen at any point while this is happening.

Though to stand a chance you’re gonna need more than one useful tool to beat Glacius and in this instance, if you aren’t close enough for Cinder’s furthest reaching normals to hit Glacius you will always have a disadvantage.

On one bright side the angled Inferno can stop Glacius from spamming Jumping Heavy Kicks.

He didn’t need it but I’m just happy it’s there.

I would rather they take the dash away and have them give him something else

I’m honestly surprised how happy people seem to be with Glacius’ dashes. He already had a (really good) forward dash in his cold shoulder, and as any Aganos or Hisako player can tell you, an awful backdash doesn’t do your character any favors. Seems like the backdash goes decently far, but the recovery looks longish, which means it’ll get blown up by any competent pressure on knockdown. In the grand scheme of things, it seems to me that Glacius’ dashes are among his least consequential buffs. :confused:

His instinct changes are really legit though - that ridiculous liquidize speed buff and homing puddle punch are going to be problems. I mean, I’ll be fine since both of my characters have counters :laughing: , but for everyone else, that cross up puddle punch especially looks like a monster.

They didn’t give him the dash as a buff. They only gave it to him because people wanted it and because they don’t want to “alienate” (pun not intended) new players with a game that has one character without a dash. They didn’t think it would make the character much better, so it’s not really in place of anything.

1 Like