Gargos tease on Twitter - Update 5/3

Love his look! The tattered wings, the horns… I hope his face doesn’t look quite so monkey-like though when he releases. I’m not sure where that comes from or why it exists, but hopefully that’s improved upon prior to release. It’s still early though, so I’m not worried. Everything else about him looks PERFECT!

2 Likes

This is pretty cool:

Gargos looks to be a REAL badass with an incredible power level. He may even approach the strength level I was thinking he would.

I have to say, through all the backstories and what not, they have really leveled up the universe quite a bit. These guys are all comfortably resting in the “meta-human” category, and Gargos seems to be above Raiden levels of power maybe even approaching the Shinnok (Elder God) range.

Sorry, I tend to think about power levels in terms of MK characters.

5 Likes

honestly i get a slight Shinnok Vibe from this picture, it reminds me of Shinnoks outro in MKX and tbh thats one of the coolest outro’s in the game, although Shinnok is very unintimidating, even as Corrupted Shinnok, but Gargos is becoming the boss we deserve

1 Like

Completely forgot about Shinnok’s outro (lol) I haven’t played MKX in a very long time. But you bring up a great point.

And yeah, I think they sort of neutered Shinnok in MKX. I mean he was portrayed as very powerful…

…but he should have been MUCH scarier.

This is a VERY old MK comic, and in it Shinnok himself took on Raiden and Fujin alone (no revenants or help from Quan Chi) and Shinnok’s mere presents was disrupting the entirety of Earth. In MKX Shinnok just didn’t carry the same weight.

Also, the way that JC took out Shinnok, and the way CC took out Shinnok, were both pretty underwhelming. In the OG timeline, Liu Kang took out Shinnok, and from the same comic I linked above, he did it in serious over the top fashion:

If something like that was shown in MKX, it would have been a more noteworthy moment IMO.

2 Likes

Heres another tease

1 Like

Forgive the watermarks.

14 Likes

I’m getting the feeling that these are actually his achievement art backgrounds.

1 Like

Gargos doing slav squat? Is he Polish? :V

This just makes me want Eyedol even more. I hope he gets the next gen treatment…

1 Like

I would love it, but these are just shots that I have taken on my dev build. I try to make them look epic enough, but still somewhat revealing.

3 Likes

You could use a break. How about you just lend me that dev unit for a few days, take some time to yourself, and let me keep it nice and safe for you? That’ll be okay, right?

2 Likes

lmao :joy:

These teases UGH!

1 Like

yea i think ki beats mkx

I think your on to something there :slight_smile:

I found my Gargos Color :slight_smile:

He’s cool; but green horns are meh…

as a lifelong MK fan, I can say without doubt that KI beats MKX in almost every way

now if only they’d add the missing stages KI would be perfect

1 Like

I get a Dormmamu vibe from Gargos what with him being an Interdimensional God and all. He’s probably closer to Shuma-Gorah in power level than something like the Tiger Spirit lol. I mean if Gargos can possess and communicate with Jago across dimensions.

I’m not to familiar with Shuma-Gorath or Dormmamu. Dormammu is a Doc. Strange rouge, right?

Rouge…?

You mean nemesis/enemy?