Fulgore discussion

Since his meter is so valuable, I have (unless it’s situational) developed my gameplay around using less pip cancels and preserving meter when I actually need it. It gives me more options for mobility, and shadow counters, but the only reason Fulgore gets a bonus against Aganos from anything teleport shenanigans is because his DP hits multiple times. It sucks just how much that makes a difference too… But with all the up and coming Aganos, more people are playing him, more people are giving data on him, we might see a few changes. There are a few tweaks I would like to see across the board. Nothing extremely detrimental to anyone but some quality of life that a lot of characters need in some rare gimmicky occasions.

There is a reason I use my fireball teleport setups the way I do, it eliminates the jump out option, the way you’re describing, you’re doing it meaty, never do it meaty… You can and will get punished for it. Aganos cannot keep enough direct pressure on Fulgore to stop him from building meter, he is just too slow. Telling a player to go on the defensive only gives Fulgore that much more opportunity to build his meter faster. In my experience, if Aganos has chunks, a teleport setup is not an option, he can power through it. It may hurt your meter build but, against Aganos you want to poke him from a range where he can’t poke back until he has no chunks and keep the match that way. Aganos has good normals that outrange Fulgore but, Fulgore has faster gap closers and cannot be crossed up by Aganos roll since you can dp the approach. Aganos cannot view this match like Jago either, any raw wiffed slow normal, and Fulgore will be right there behind him to throw if he has chunks, or open him up if he doesn’t. The one thing Aganos will always have is Shadow falcon punch. So if the Fulgore is zoning, he will have to respect that because that can even react to a medium eye laser’s fast recovery.

The reason I like that Sadira match so much, I love Fulgore’s light plasma bolt because once you realize it’s potential in analyzing an opponent in a match, you can do so many things with it. Off the bat I threw it out, but look when I teleported, after it hit. Then my next combo, I shot a light as well but I spaced it to see if they would jump it again, applying pressure, they jumped back, landed on it. Now I have corner control within the first few seconds of the match and as you can see, Fulgore is a dirty dirty robot in the corner. Even some of the best players I know have trouble blocking that. I got broke once and knowing Sadira, they want to be air born, they made the mistake of jumping towards me on their only chance to retaliate. Then round 2. I love faking the get out of jail free I’m gonna zone you, then rush in for the ready and jump in or cr low. So I caught them immediately at the start of round 2 and this time rather than focus on the corner, I started with a short combo did the setup to see if they would jump on wake up to an oddly spaced fireball, they did and on my teleport mixup I didn’t do a normal and just intimidation walk towards them. Sadira had the meter but didn’t use the invincible wakeup so I got another free opener but from this point the game was over, I had a stock of shadow to get my level 3 vortex and from there, without meter it’s impossible to escape and the level 3 setup is one I have been developing, because of it’s spacing, you can always make it safe, they always have to block, or spend meter, and you can delay the teleport so it’s almost an unblockable. The setup is so good that I even have footage of people projectile immune shadow on wake up, catching me in my teleport, but my fireball stuffs them and I get advantage again.

I’ve watched Rico, Nicky, Ricky, Alex, Saltface, Jayslik, I don’t see any of them use these teleport setups which just adds to the idea that Fulgore is such a character that you have to know the player, not the character. <3 my Robot for that reason.

Excellent advice.

One last thing on the jumping forward on the projectile bit, I missed that but, if they jump forward, just dash dp. Jago has the same thing. So it’s better to neutral jump if possible. Vs A Fulgore though, I’d rather take the chip since he doesn’t gain meter, he is spending meter to poke you and that’s a good thing if you’re facing him. Every time a Fulgore is forced to shoot multiple projectiles, he dropped his spin speed twice, and spent a pip. If he gets nothing from it, that’s a win. Which is why I rarely shoot multiple projectiles unless it is mandatory for what my next mixup is. It’s a waste of meter unless you’re chipping someone out for a round but don’t have a stock of shadow.

good point, I have a bad habit of fireing multiple projectiles but it’s only so I can mix up for a combo really. Though I think depending on who I fight it varies. I may just mix it up a bit more thanks for the advnice. Post some of this info on the “How to be a Killing Machine” topic in the Fulgore Thread.

For me, his ultra combo is bland. KI 1 Fulgore was more aggressive.

Um, no he wasn’t… He had to spend a lot of his time charging up his meter. The FACT that he wasn’t aggressive enough as a result of that is exactly why IG changed how he worked in the 1st place.

Hell yeah. While I have been able to adjust to season1 fulgore’s playstyle the moment they announced those changes coming I decided to practice it. Actually I think on the term of aggression level KI1 Fulgore’s isn’tn as physical as most of his ultra comboing is just shootin his point blank eye-lasers. or in this case: staring you to death. Though I still like it. KI3 Fulgore is just as awesome. though in season1 it was pretty easy to wrack up hits.

His ultra isn’t bland, he turns invisible and wrecks you in the face! =) He can also do 5 ultra enders off juggles. It’s way more appealing than any other character who just recaps and does 3 ultras…

It’s in my guide somewhere, I don’t want to give everyone all the tools to fight Fulgore, I spent almost 9 months in the lab with him myself, and people don’t attend the Fulgore page much anyways. There’s like 4 people. The big Fulgore names from the past forums haven’t even posted there.

I see. Well if anything that tells me that those who main Fulgore are a rare breed :U

all ridiculousness aside the point is you come off as one of the best Fulgore players just from that footage alone. I’ll take your advice into high consideration in my next battles.

My Fulgore is my best character but, I am not one of the best players. I do have a strong sense of analysis though. To put it lightly, I’m better as a coach than a player. Which is why my guide even when I watch it doesn’t feel like it came from me lol.

Where’s this guide of yours I keep hearing about - I could use some Fulgore pointers. :slight_smile:

It is in my thread Finally Home! Fulgore players rejoice in global conquest! It is also in the how to be a killing machine thread.

I think this is it. Right @SullenMosquito ? Just for easy access :yum: (click the little right arrow and it should take you there)

Yeah that’s it. How do you do that?

I went to the post and clicked the share button. Copied the url and pasted it in my reply!

1 Like

I wanted to buy the classic Fulgore skin but I only will buy it if it comes with the bone set, you know the skull face and what not. I don’t wanna buy more gold just for the bone set, anyone know if the classic skin comes with it?

Classic comes with it, the ones that are extra are the toy robot accessories.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!