For those of you in the Preview Program I Made a Ultra Combo Club

when you stop to really think about it, the devs don’t need to create an official club - they already have 1 in the form of KI’s game hub, where they can have followers and post announcements.

That’s why I wanted a pseudo-official club based around the site and forums rather than the game itself, and to have it officiated by a community manager/forum moderator and administrated by regulars to the site and forum.

And thats OK. But people can have their own clubs, and have the right of not being part of more clubs than what they want.

You can’t make people to be part of only one club or not creating one of their will. Its like make mandatory to play the same game to stay in a party.

I don’t want to derail this more, this thread its about this club, not a discussion about how to handle clubs. I like this idea, and I will be part of a lot KI clubs. Both official or not.

The chance of choosing its a good thing

1 Like

Shouldn’t this at least be in the off-topic section, like mine is? Now that I think about it, that’s probably why his has been getting so much more attention and mine hasn’t… Hmm…

Hey @GalacticGeek NO OFFENSE but you just seem to be a spoiled child who like things just the way you want. I repeat NO OFFENSE spoiled child

5 Likes

Move on, dude. I already got the point - you’re just wasting your breath and our forum space.

@DoobyDude23 Took me a moment, but I see what you did there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In any case, I’ve already taken steps to cement the “official” club. Please revisit my thread, which has been renamed to Club Killer Instinct and tthat has been moved to the General Discussion forum. :wink:

Joining this. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’m currently at work but as soon as I get home I’ll be accepting the invitations to club

1 Like

I see what you are trying to do also. You are trying to hijack this thread by wanting it merged with yours. The only reason you want that done is so his info get buried, and people will not join it. I know that is what you want to happen. Just so you know you can’t make an official KI club either. And calling it a pseudo official is just a nicer way of calling it unofficial. Just accept that your club is no more official than this one. Your problem is that someone beat you to the club, and you don’t like it.

Yes. I will be joining this club and making sure it survives.

4 Likes

You sound like a conspiracy theorist. You assume the info will be buried. I frequently read through the thread looking for where I left off. The simple fact is that you cant have two threads of the same subject matter, its against the forum guidelines. By way of protocol these duplicate threads are supposed to be to be brought to the attention of the moderators for thread merger.

I might be a conspiracy theorist, but doesn’t mean I am wrong :slight_smile: I just read the other thread that he wants to merge. His was talking about “starting” a club. This one was about the club being active. Then Geek changed his after he got mad about Salty starting a club with that name.

Think of it like forums. We’re currently on the official KI forums, but tons of unofficial KI forums existed long before these yet that didn’t cause this one to become obscure or ignored and plenty of us are members of both these and the unofficial ones.

1 Like

You being right or wrong is debatable. The bottom line is you don’t “know”. Without definitive knowledge by way of a confession all you have is speculation and suspicion. It may be beneficial for both parties to yield. As far as I can tell @GalacticGeek has already yielded his position. Will you also yield? Call it a draw and move on.

1 Like

Except that this is NOT a duplicate thread. This thread is about @SaltyInstinct’s KI Club and the other thread is about @GalacticGeek’s Club. Saying it’s a duplicate is like saying all the Sadira threads should be merged with all the Maya threads because they are all about KI characters…

“Irks” is spelled with an “i,” and it irks me to see it written elsewise.

I’m still waiting for someone to tell my why anyone should bother to join a club at all. But Geek your behavior isn’t really making me feel like I should pick yours. Maybe no one is targeting you and your posts are just off topic and offensive? I don’t know, just a thought. You just got back from a needless ban, and it looks to me like you might be headed for another one. Is everything okay? Seems like you’re all fired up lately, even for you.

Anybody going to be providing any information on what the club feature actually does and what you might do with it?

4 Likes

"As a Club member, you’ll be able to set up parties, play games, share content, and easily communicate using voice and text chat with the Club across Xbox One and the Xbox app"
Source: https://majornelson.com/2016/09/06/clubs-looking-for-group-and-more-roll-out-to-xbox-live-today-in-preview/

That’s partially true. It’s true in the sense that I don’t want him stealing my own thunder, but I could really care less how his does other than I don’t think it should do better than the official club (which nobody has yet, even me). If you want to join his AND mine, I’m okay with that. I’m just facing the reality that that’s not likely to happen because like duplicate threads, there’s not much reason to be a member of duplicate clubs (unless you’re some sort of weird super-fan (here’s looking at you @KIFANATIC8488).

All I really want is to get a sizable group together under a somewhat official basis that represents the game that we enjoy through the new club feature.

Also, it’s not just his club vs. mine. In my thread, which did come 1st, I also talked about how I didn’t want anyone doing exactly what he’s doing! If he changes the name of his club, that would literally be all it takes to make me happy. It’s either that, or having someone like Rukari make the official one. The reality, however, may simply be that just might never happen. I just don’t like the idea of someone who’s been a long-contributing member to this community to suddenly be outdone by a relatively new person with no real contributions of his own, that I know of, to this community - it’s like hiring the guy with no experience vs. the guy with 50 years of experience.

If he can garner a following, and make consistent contributions to both the community and his club (like with keeping up with announcements, special events, etc.) and show that he has what it takes to basically be an effective manager, I would happily hand the reigns over to @SaltyInstinct - the truth though, is that he hasn’t shown me anything to indicate that he’d be that dedicated to it. To me, right now, his is just another shell - mine won’t be.

I’m definitely going to try lol just wish I could manage it from my phone and not just my Xbox (>_<)

Well if the guy with no experience is more sucessful than a guy with 50 years of experience,then it makes more sense to higher the guy with no experience doesn’t it? All I know though is that I will be making a Fulgornia club.

Go right ahead nothing is stopping you from it (well except if your not in the Preview) also you can set moderators for the clubs so it doesn’t just have to be one person pulling all the strings