For Honor

This game is so fun! I rented it awhile back and got the centurion and shinobi. The conqueror is so much fun as well! You guys should try it! It’s got some awesome mind games when you go against higher player.

It would be awesome to play with you guys this game if you want.

I still play For Honor fairly regularly on Xbox, add me if you want to play!

I’m still waiting for my Warlord rework so he can have SOME semblance of speed, reach, and consistency. It’s so hard to actually fight with him these days, since they’re making everyone else faster and giving them more tricks.

1 Like

Worth noting - For Honor is currently available through Games With Gold on the Xbox One.

Grab it for free while you can!

We should arrange forum member private games sometime.

2 Likes

Man, this is in the list of games I have enjoyed but just can’t invest enough time in.

EDIT: @xSkeletalx If you were willing to set up a time and a signup for forum members to fill an 8 man game of For Honor for an hour or two on a weekend or early on a weeknight I would sign up. I’m about to board a plane for two weeks but I’m around again Sept. 22-Oct. 19.

3 Likes

I’m on board with that as well. It would be fun

I would definitely be up for this. I’ll update something here in the next few days or so.

1 Like

@FallibleJoker14 what classes have you been playing lately? Any classes in particular you’ve found you struggle against?

1 Like

So I play Centurion, Gladiator, Conqueror (not so much for his bash), and Shinobi. I mostly play Glad at the moment. I struggle mostly with Berserker and the Shaman and a bit of Warden with his bash 50/50. They are just too crazy for me and I don’t know how to block against them without falling prey to their fast lights.

The rest I understand, mostly I lose because I got simply outplayed (or out cheesed).

Also, just a heads up if you ever see me. I’m not a player who follows the honor rule really. I don’t like that I can’t even help my teammate. But I sometimes follow it because my teammates get stupidly salty and try to match and I get too frustrated at times because of that. But yea…in my opinion the honor code is dumb

What’s the honor code?

Oh my bad. I should have explained.

I’m not an expert on it, but it was a made up set of rules that i believe started in Reddit on how people should approach battles, most noticeably 1v1s.

These made up rules are mostly applied during brawl but can be applied during 4v4 deathmatch

The rules basically state that 1v1s are sacred while in brawls and that a teammate should allow their teammate to “fight their own battle”. You can not interfere at all with the battle. You must let your enemy finish an execution if they start it. Once they are you done you must fight the other opponent starting with a taunt that cannot be interrupted.

There are probably other smaller rules but you get the point. It’s like treating brawls as a tournament or 2 1v1s rather than a team fight, which I don’t think is how brawl is supposed to be played. The fact that people get so angry if I don’t follow these made up rules that limit players frustrate me. They throw matches for some reason by letting me get hanged up while they hit me from behind. I despise people who take this code way to seriously.

But ehh it’s all good and fun. I just have to be careful with who I try to play with

Listen. Honor or not. If it helps me win the game, ■■■■■ 1v1 Sacred battles lol

2 Likes

It’s kind of like not playing the zoner as a zoner because of how they are looked down on in FGs. Why limit yourself to made up rules when you could just do what you want.

Oh yea and apparently you can’t use environmental kills either

P.S. I just realized that’s kinda what I do with Eagle lol. Looking back I should be way more zone heavy then I am lol

I don’t exactly follow the “honor” code, but I do prefer one on one fights. Particularly because Revenge can still completely turn a fight around even against multiple people. I’ve lost so many duels I was a single hit away from winning, just because a teammate decided to attack, leading to the opponent getting Revenge and wiping us both out. I only interfere in Brawls if my teammate is about to die, (or if the opposing team starts 2v1s first) and I don’t believe that starting an Execution means I have to let you finish it.

My primary classes are Warlord, Nobushi, and then Berserker, but I’m learning a few other classes too. I haven’t been able to really crack the Warden playstyle, but Raider and Peacekeeper are coming along nicely. I may try to pick up a couple of additional classes too.

I’ll be honest, I absolutely hate everything about the Centurion. Too much disruption, heavies that hit at the speed of light attacks, overly controlling through stamina reduction, and a disgusting amount of damage for doing next to nothing. Especially grating given that my Warlord struggles so much by comparison, including having an even shorter range, somehow.

When I set up signups, we’ll see how many people are interested. If we can get at least 4, we can rotate between playing Brawls and playing as a four person team in Dominion or something.

Yeah, this is a complete no go for me. There is a whole world of strategy built into the game about knowing when to run from a bad matchup and lead your opponent into your reinforcements. If you want to play sacred 1v1 battles go play that mode. I’m gonna run up behind guys who are fighting and try to roach as many kills as I can. And if you stand around while some ■■■■■■■ kills me I’m going to be ■■■■■■.

Edit: @xSkeletalx if we are short in people I might be able to drum up a couple of family members. None are great at the game but they like to have fun.

3 Likes

Admittedly I’m hoping for enough to play 4v4s, but it’ll just be fun to play some friendly matches!

1 Like

Sounds like some Dark Souls/Bloodborne PVP rules that no one follows and then they get mad and post on Facebook how mad they are and post screen shots of the PM argument LOL

In a perfect world thats cool, but you cant trust anyone out there.

** I didnt know there was any HONOR in for Honor… Everytime I played online I got wrecked by the cheapest tactics possible lol

You’d be surprised, lol.

Skeletal and I used to play this a lot. Which reminds me, we should again soon! It was fun, and I need to refresh my Shilohbly (Inside Joke between him and I) again. I had a pretty solid one, but it’s been so long lol.

People just get salty that you can use “cheap” tactics to win. It’s about the same as a Fighting game. People don’t understand how to counter it, so they get upset.

1 Like

It all becomes a big mix because there are some updates which legitimately break things in an exploitable way. For a while, Peacekeepers were able to just spam light attacks while switching stances, and if one hit, you’d take at least three or four because guard swap speeds were not balanced - they could hit you, change direction, and hit again, before you could even attempt to put a block in place for the second.

The game is balanced around PC, which either has an unlocked framerate or least runs around 60 fps, which can also cause problems on console since both console versions are capped at 30. This means that animations which are reactable on PC might not be on console, and can cause mistiming of blocks, dodges, and parry attempts. No game is ever without its issues, but even with the ones it has, For Honor is one of my favorites.

@DarkLrdChuckles feel free to add me if you’d like to play, even outside of the group game! I hope you’ll join us for that, too.

@TheNinjaOstrich we definitely should play, we’ve always made a pretty good team. You were learning Nobushi too, weren’t you?

Yeah, Nobushi was my OG character. So she’s probably the one I’m more experienced in. Shinobi was just one I was working on.

Have you seen the rework the Nobushi got a while back?