For Honor

I haven’t played much For Honor in a while - mostly as a function of the fact that I haven’t played very much of anything in the last 4-5 months. While I admit there are things about the game I find very frustrating to deal with, I’m really happy about the fact that the game seems to be finding some success. I think there are a lot of good ideas in For Honor and I really want to see developers coming up with new ideas like this instead of just releasing yearly skin changes for their blockbuster FPS games.

Downloading the game now. Excited to play this.

Feel fre to ask any questions you might have, unless ypu’ve moved I know actually syncing up our schedules is likely to be difficult so I might not be able to help you ingame.

2 Likes

Game had so much potential for me, but fell short in the end. I felt it was worth the price as I put in a good 50-60 hours. It’s just after I really started to understand it I could see all of the glaring flaws. I know they’ve patched it since I quit but from what i read on the competitive reddit and stuff they really don’t know what they’re doing when it comes to fixing the glaring issues.

I think the over arching issue is the game is lacking in identity. It tries to do both 1v1 fighting game type play and multi-player in the same but is mediocre at both. The game has 1v1 mechanics that don’t work well with multiple players, it’s also peer to peer which is horrible for anything more than 1v1. Why they skimped and didn’t use dedicated servers is beyond me. And as far as the 1v1 mechanics go everything is too reactable, and commitments can be made safe far too often, like being able to feint a parry attempt. What this results in is long drawn out fights that are pretty boring when competing at higher skill levels in the game. But yeah to me they should have either done multiplayer well or 1v1 really well (which would involve taking some notes from other fighting games in the industry).

Like I said I had a blast originally it was worth the price of admission for me, but once I learned how the game is executed at the higher skill levels it became pretty boring. I was either housing people who were still learning the games mechanics or stuck in long boring drawn out fights with people who knew what was going on. And that’s saying something considering I played PK which was OP since it was one of the few classes that had a move that was not react able.

I should note I play on PC which I understand is a different experience than console since more moves are reactable on PC due to higher fps.

TLDR; Enjoy the game while you can, it’s got great potential. Just make sure to analyze the real depth of the game before you fork over your hard earned coin.

Thanks. Going through the basics at the moment. Will be looking for some advice pretty soon.
Yeah, unfortunately still in Asia so in-game will be a task.

Which classes are you looking to learn specifically?

They adding Tusk.

How is the playerbase on PC?

1 Like

GLADIATOR?!

Is he free in For Honor free weekend or I have to buy him??

I will download this game again. :slight_smile:

I am a total beginner and know nothing about this game, so I couldn’t even tell you which classes exist. Let alone which one I should pick / develop :smile: give me some time to go through this thread and watch your footage, I’m sure I’ll see something I’d like :wink:

It’ll be decent this weekend with it being free. Most PC free weekends mean large spikes in activity for most games. But over it absolutely plummeted since release. Down from avg. Players 28,000 to 1,250 avg. players.

But yeah if you just want to try it out this weekend is probably a great opportunity.

Generally when games do free weekends it’s because they want to get a boost in sales/playerbase.

Ah, gotcha. I thought maybe this was a game you were following, had watched gameplay of, but just never picked up.

No rush, I was just thinking I could help give specific tips if you were interested in one of the classes I play, or help you find a class whose playstyle you might like.

I’ve got a bunch of major stuff going on in my life currently, so my game availability is not consistent, at least for a little bit, but I’d like to try to get some X1 group games going sometime in the next few weeks, if anyone is interested.

1 Like

im down bro

I am aware For Honor is not hot stuff anymore, but I am kinda excited for upcoming dedicated servers and propably gonna buy the game.

There’s still plenty of people playing it. My son gets in to mess around and doesn’t have any trouble getting a match.

I haven’t played much since Season 4 came out (with the Shaman and Aramusha) but I’m planning to bring For Honor back into my rotation. I’m interested in trying the two previously listed characters, and continuing to round out my Warlord, Berserker, Nobushi, and a few others I’m interested in trying to learn better as well.

It’s worth noting that Berserker and a few others have been mentioned as getting some sort of rework in the future, so it’s also possible some classes might be slightly-to-drastically different going forward, too.

More character reworks have been released, and they announced a new major update, “Marching Fire” for October! This includes a new faction (Chinese warriors), new PVP modes (including an asymmetrical siege mode!), more customization, and new PVE modes as well.

There’s a free week starting next Monday (the 18th) on PC, and if you download the game during that time period you’ll own the game forever. I think they mentioned that the games are/will be on sale for 75% off on console as well soon if not already.

EDIT: I think the free week is already on, so I recommend trying to get your hands on it now and not waiting until next week!

Really a great time to get into (or return to) For Honor!

2 Likes

Yeah I saw the new faction. It’s cool to see a China team and the Shaolin looks AWESOME! I’m gonna have to get the whole team. They all look interesting.

This just in, For Honor is currently FREE ON STEAM! Get it now and keep it FOREVER!
Also, all the DLC except for the upcoming Chinese expansion are heavily discounted as well!

2 Likes

Awesome thanks!!!