For Honor

We can try to play on the weekend at some point, I’ve got a late night planned so I will only have a short time to play (something like an hour) when I get home from work.

Feel free to send me a message this weekend if you see me online and in a game; if it says I’m watching TV/Oneguide that’s either my wife or dog watching something and I’m likely not even in the room.

1 Like

alrigth man i got you

oh thats right i forgot to talk what i think about the characters you play
warlord i have not played him enough but i hear he is bullshit lol
berserk is annoying af but i dont think he is extremely bad just annoying
i really hate nobushi i hate her bleed stuff and her range attacks but it is what it is
and centurion is propably my most hated character ever lol

From what I gather, the biggest problems that people have against the Warlord are related to the distance he can push you from a guard break (better chance to ledge or push someone into a hazard), and troubles breaking him open if he insists on doing nothing but turtle and look for parry/GB opportunities. My personal playstyle is actually fairly aggressive - I like to bully my opponents and throw in feints if I feel like baiting out parry attempts. I also barely ever run into Warlords in Duel mode, which makes me wonder if Warlords that do this stuff are mainly an issue in the 4v4 modes; I certainly see more Warlords when I play those modes.

Berserker is actually surprisingly difficult to play well. Their lights are not particularly fast, heavies are very slow, and their guard break animation is extremely telegraphed. In order to play a Berserker, you have to play a lot of mindgames.

Feints into other attacks, delayed strikes, properly timed side-dash-attacks, and learn to play the multi-swing game where possible. Light->Heavy->Light->Heavy and so on, the key is to make the opponent have to guess if you’re switching guard locations or not. Plus cancelling a heavy mid-combo into a grab can be successful against some players.

I also like to purposefully whiff a light attack into a top heavy - the top heavy gets armor, which allows my highest damage attack to punish an enemy who tries to poke me during my whiffed light.

The best way to punish a Nobushi is to watch for her lights, since those are what apply the bleed. None of her lights are particularly fast, so if you can anticipate them you can dodge, block or parry. Also remember that her side-dash-heavy attacks are quick but hit on the side she is dashing away from, so if she is moving from your left to your right, block or parry on your left and punish it.

She will want to create distance, so work on getting in and staying in - the Lawbringer’s shove after blocking one of her attacks is really annoying to deal with since it gives you free damage and takes some of her stamina away.

2 Likes

this reminds me me of something i forgot to ask but do @TheNinjaOstrich wanna play for honor sometimes?

Really appreciate the insight. Keen to try it out now after all this time.

Re: Nobushi - here are a couple of matches between a Nobushi and Peacekeeper, one with me as each class, just so you can see some Nobushi strategy and some of how to fight against one.

For anyone who wants to give For Honor a try but isn’t sure if they want to buy it, it will be free to install and play from 8-10 through 8-13, so this Thursday through Sunday.

@BoJima404

Give it a try and maybe we’ll see you on the battlefield!

3 Likes

ayyy thats pretty nice

I’d love to get some games in with you sometime soon @xSkeletalx. It’s been a while since I’ve played, and it’s always a fun time playing with you.

And sure Cashew! I’d play with you. The more, the merrier!

1 Like

@SadisticRage76 GIve it a go man!
I have it installed but I Traded in my disc…wonder if it will let me play those few days? hmmmm

Sweet. I’ll probably try and buy it for Xbox. My PC is given me problems lately.

cool the 3 of us playing together :smiley:

@xSkeletalx does this mean that for honor will be free on steam?

The webpage does list Steam as part of this, but just to be sure nobody’s misunderstanding, you won’t own the game after the free days are up; it’s a limited time open availability.

i know its limited i just wanted to know

soo who is happy that for honor will be free for a limited time tommorow? :smiley:

2 Likes

@xSkeletalx how it feels when fighting centurion

Finally going to try it out when the free trial happens. I hope to Gargos I can run it.