For Honor

New trailer is out for the next Samurai class.

I am still looking forward to this, and can’t wait to dig into the beta later this month.

I just have to sort out whether I will know more people buying it on PC or on X1.

Having played in the previous Alpha I can say it plays a lot like a fighting game; footsies, counters, combos, feints, and stances in 1v1s, but being outnumbered changes the fighting too.

3 Likes

I desperately want this to be great, but I’m a bit fearful. I didn’t get to participate in the Alpha so I have no real sense of how the game plays.

Frankly, I’m hoping for the success of something different.

EDIT: probably worth mentioning that the new character class is Hisako, lol.

Oh man I cant wait to play this! I ll have 3 new games to play very soon…too much!!

Nioh
For Honor
Horizon

You should sign up for Beta access, it starts on 1/26.

I don’t have a link to the signup to share right now though; I’m pretty sure the signup is public so google should be able to fill in for my shortcomings.

There were 6 character classes playable in the Alpha, and I imagine there will be more (with the more recent announcements) available in the beta.

It’s tough to describe the gameplay if you haven’t tried it, but the best way I can describe it is that when you’re in duel stance (for 1v1s) you use the right stick to move your weapon to one of three areas; overhead, left, and right. Your attacks come from the direction your weapon is held in (the character physically moves their weapon and changes their stance) and the only way to block an opponent’s attack is to hold your weapon in the matching stance (overhead and overhead or example).

Each class has attacks of varying strength, speed, and using special qualities like deflecting incoming attacks depending on which direction you attack from. The combat thrives on mixing up the opponent by feinting attacks, dodging, countering/parrying, throwing, etc.

I highly recommend watching gameplay or getting into the beta to try it for yourself, because I don’t think my words describe it accurately enough.

2 Likes

THe combat seems to fit the games very much alive battlefields very well. It’s weird, but good. Seems like it could get really in depth at high level play.

I’ll see what I can do. It seems like a game where having competent allies helps a lot so maybe we can try to get a group going with @FallofSeraphs76.

Seraphs, I didn’t realize Horizon was out so soon. That’s on my list of “possible reasons to get a PS4.”

I would agree with this; even with just the little bit of playtime I had, it became apparent that there was a lot of depth to it. For example the Orochi class is very quick but dies easy; they not only focus on dodging but have several attacks which use a counter system like Tusk’s deflect frames in which a well timed attack knocks through an opposing attack and does heavy damage to the opponent. Those attacks only work from specific directions and the timing is important.

1 Like

Yes its Feb 24th or 28th and it looks amazballs!!!

Nioh is Feb 9th I think.

Yes I will get For Honor on Xbox this time since the other 2 are PS4 exclusives…so maybe we can all play For Honor together!

1 Like

The good news is it turns out I already signed up for the Beta. Maybe when I signed up for the Alpha and they ignored me they just carried it over to the beta.

1 Like

I signed up a while back nut never got a response. Not sure what went wrong.

More or less accurate, but definitely requires you to play to get a feel for it.

I signed up again last night and it said I had already signed up. So not sure why I never/ havent received a code. Maybe I received it and didnt know.

I have to admit, I’m becoming more and more curious about this game. The last slice of gameplay I saw didn’t look very good, and yet the whole package and idea seems so promising. I’m a bit wary given that it’s Ubisoft, but I’m also really hoping that this comes together.

The Alpha was limited; not everyone who signed up got in.

As far as I am aware, the beta codes/invitations/acknowledgements have not gone out yet, which isn’t surprising since the beta doesn’t start till next week.

1 Like

I just signed up for For Honor beta! I can’t wait to play Knight dude. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got a closed beta code for Xbox One and I am taking the day off Thursday to recover from my travel. Woot

I got my code too!!! Entering it into the store in about 5 mins. I played the Nioh beta all weekend and now For Honor this weekend!

BTW…NIOH was amazing!!!

Plus the final Dark Souls DLC trailer dropped and will be here March 28th! OMG too much to play in the next 2 months!

1 Like

I just got beta code! Ayyyy

Do you have free time tomorrow? We can play For Honor. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually have a rare day off to recover from my jet lag. So I should be putting some hours in.

1 Like

I will add you on Xbox Live and play For Honor tomorrow. BTW, what’s your timezone?