For Honor

After being away for over a week due to travel, it felt awesome to dig back in this weekend. I’m still working on my Warlord, who is just on the verge of reaching Rep 7. My goal is to eventually reach Rep 18 (I think) with the Warlord, because he has a really great green and black color available that I’d like to use!

@FeverAyeAye I do sometimes experience lag, among the occasional disconnect, but I agree that guard stance switching needs to be normalized. Even my Warlord has difficulty switching guard directions, so characters with extremely fast lights can pick up huge damage simply by swinging lights in different directions, forcing a guess or backdodge attempt. I’ve had a bunch of times where I attempted to drop into Allguard to defend against this, but got hit instead (while the sound effect for entering Allguard played).

I’m discovering one thing, though, which wasn’t clear to me before; certain followups must be near instantly entered for them to work, and I think that I can actually transition between attacks and directions faster than I have been. I need to adjust my strategy to include more preplanned timing and switches, because I believe I’m putting myself at a disadvantage currently!

1 Like

Think of it putting in inputs slightly early like MKX or Injustice. It works out! :smiley:

Currently playing the Nobushi. She’s a lot of fun with her bleed damage, and her long range is an interesting playstyle. Female Samurai FTW

When I just want to be the baddest MF on the field, I take to Shugoki. So much fun with the Faint > Command Grab mixup.

Ive already given up on it. Just too many better games to play right now. All weekend I planned to work on story mode and every time something else beat out FH. Im loving Shadows of Mordor, I cant believe I went so long nt realizing how awesome that game is.

The Surge May 16th!!!

Is it on the 16th of May?

Man…

Injustice 2 & now The Surge?

RIP Birthday money :sob:

1 Like

YES! I put 5$ on it yesterday at Game stop. They also released a big cinematic trailer over the weekend as well. It looks sick! I need to post it on the Souls series thread.

No, I’m on PC

Recently I collected all breakables and collectables from the story mode. I finished it on hard my first go anyway. Not sure I have the stomach to finish it in Realistic.

Yes, in fighting game terms all combos in this game are cancels that you need to input BEFORE the cancel window even begins. So if you want to do light light, you literally mash light light, instead of waiting for the first light to hit.

I will be on and playing tonight, barring incident. I believe @TheNinjaOstrich will be joining me, but I’m not opposed to having a larger party either.

2 Likes

What system are you on?

I have both the X1 and PC versions but I typically play on my Xbox.

I’ve been learning to play the Berserker in addition to my Warlord, and I’m enjoying his added mobility and aggressive style! Nothing like hacking a guy down and then using my axes to pull his head off!

I grabbed the same Elite costume set for the Berserker as I did my Warlord, so I have the lightning effects for my emotes, executions etc.

When @TheNinjaOstrich and I played last week he quickly pointed out I had gravitated towards a character very much like Thunder (including the Berserker’s zone attack resembling Tripleax) without even considering that’s what I was doing! I simply wanted to play an Assassin type and the other two really weren’t holding my interest.

1 Like

Is there cross play for this? Or can you use your Ubisoft account to maintain your progress on both platforms? There’s so much grind I would hate to have to do that on multiple platforms…

Nope and nope; but I have specific people, like my brother, who only play on PC; I bought the second copy to play with them.

Yes, I need to re-level, but that just means I make sure to only focus my playtime on the specific heroes I enjoy playing, as opposed to trying out new ones like I do on the Xbox.

Okay, @xSkeletalx let me know when you want to play. My handle in FH is the same as the one here. Here are my stats - https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/FeverAyeAye/heroes
I’m #54 or something in the world for Shugoki reputation.

Interesting site; here are my recorded stats for my Warlord, which seem pretty decent;

https://fhtracker.com/profile/xbox/xSkeletalx/heroes

I’m going to start experimenting with using the paddles on my Elite controller for things like dodging or guard breaking; I think not having to move my thumb off of the right stick to reach the Guard Break button will help make it easier to cancel opposing guard breaks and land some of my own faster. If that works, I will attempt to use an additional paddle for dodges.

I’m already using the trigger switches, and find that the shorter pull helps, but I want to add the paddles, and might even try out different stick combinations as well.

I will update once I have a better idea of how these things work, in case anyone else wants to try it out (assuming they own an Elite controller.)

1 Like

I will be on tonight (on the Xbox) if anyone else wants to join me; I will be running Dominion or Deathmatch games most likely, but Brawls are not out of the question either.

If there are enough people we can run custom games, too.

2 Likes

Have you played the Ring City yet? OMG dude its so hard!

I’ve started an ALL SHUGOKI team on PC. So if you rep the fat man, and you rep the master race, then let me know.

This is my emblem, btw. Others are encouraged to do their own food based emblems.

1 Like

Take a look at the new executions; they’re available on PC now, should hit consoles in about a week or so.

Warlord, Nobushi, Warden and Valkyrie are my favorites of the bunch.

2 Likes