For Honor

I’m a proud Shugoki. I’ve decided to do an ITA Master and main the same character from day 1.

Shugoki has lots of flaws and 1v1 versus the agile assassins it’s a struggle. He shines in assists which unfortunately people call dishonourable. Those people are wrong though as the game is clearly designed for ganging up on people, look at how bots operate and the Revenge mechanic. Shugoki is very satisfying to play, though. He requires patience and conditioning my opponent, both of which are great fighting game skills.

Speaking of conditioning I remember this great kill against an Orochi, who’s a 3-7 matchup for the Shugoki. I spent the entire round trying to hit him with heavies and grabs and getting dodged and hit (the conditioning). Once I was in danger, I had however backed him into a wall, so when I tried to grab he did what I had conditioned him to do, i.e. dodge to the side. So he got stuck in the wall and died :slight_smile:

So I played story mode last night and got to the end of the Knight story line. I had a lot of fun! Its not a perfect game but the story mode is set up to be very fun and interesting. I do not like the Warden though, I had more fun with the Big guy and the Assassin.

One thing that bothered me was when I was Assassin the sound completely cut out when she was walking… it just felt empty. Some of the sound effects are corny “Im impressed Warden!”… "Is this a joke?"
LOL

Yes, they speak in very “contemporary” English, including turns of phrase and a casual attitude that would be probably out of place in a battlefield.

BTW, the Knight NPC’s speak in Latin. I had 2 years of Latin in school and can pick up some sentences.

1 Like

I like how the knight is like "WTF are you serious?..(rolls his eyes behind his helmet.)

Im impressed warden… lets get em!!!

Just some more stabbin’s!

I had some more fun with For honor last night and finished the Knight portion of the story. The boss battle against the Viking and Wolves was awesome!

The game isnt as great as NIOH, but its fun none the less. I think the sound effects and lack there of are my biggest issue so far… well and the target lock mechanic.

The last couple of days have really made me hate the servers in this game. It’s pretty much driving me kwazy. I’m trying to still like this game but it’s becoming difficult. lol

I enjoyed the Knight story but the Viking story has been …meh…so far… the horse chase was cool…but getting to the boss fight was boring as hell. Especially after putting all that time into the knights only to have to relearn everything. The momentum was lost.

Back to NIOH…as its the most amazing game Ive played in years… Horizon Zero dawn tomorrow night at 9pm!! Whooo … I might buy a 4K TV as well. Im dying to get the TV Max uses for only 1 frame of input delay.

I’m starting to amass quite the list of duel videos; I’m just going to keep updating the following playlist I think.

2 Likes

Hey, sorry I missed you last night. I’m still pretty jet lagged and I ended up going to bed super early.

I expect I will be playing again tonight, possibly with a group of friends. If you see me on feel free to send me a message or an invite, if there is room (or if I’m just playing solo) we can join up for some games.

ALSO: PATCH NOTES. Looks like an update comes out tomorrow.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1592940-Patch-Notes-(v1-03)

1 Like

Anyboidy got any tips ond elaing with annoying ■■■ peace keepers and noboshis as the LawBringer?

Level up your Peacekeeper, buy loads of expensive gear, try to get best feat cooldown possible + revenge bonuses, run around battlefield doing stabby-stabby here and there, run away when things go sour and get some healing or do more stabby stabby, when you get the bomb feat spam it and win, look at your 14-1 ratio of kills and think you’re so godlike.

My Rep 3 Warlord, in his neutral color scheme.

Also check out the following clip for a fight against the toughest Conqueror I’ve faced so far! I took this during a quick PC stream I ran to test how well the game would run on my Twitch.

2 Likes

Ok… I know this only bugs me but I wish I could change my characters hair color. :slight_smile:

Wow, nice fire wings. I guess there’s some pretty rad customization once you get up in levels.

Jet lag is kicking my butt. I fell asleep at 7pm. But I was up at 2 and put in a couple of hours at the game. Still frustrating as hell when you lose but lots of fun when you do well. I’m determined to play more with friends at some point…

1 Like

Ok so whats the deal with Costume packs being 25$ or more? 36,000 steel!!! its 19.99$ for 20,000 steel!

Thats just ridiculous, thats worse than SFV!

Welcome to Ubisoft.

They want money…

The Elite costumes cose 15k each, so you save by buying a bundle. If you make sure to complete your orders eah day and play a fair amount you’ll have enough steel to buy a single costume in a few days’ time. Similar to playing through Shadow Lords to get packs, versus needing KI Gold to buy costumes.

You don’t need to spend real money for anything in the game.

I know you dont need too, but damn, I like to have at least a little bit of option from the start to I have some incentive to play around with all characters. Like Id like to have the fire wings armor…but not for 25-30$…hell no