For Honor

I don’t know. I think they could get more money but forcing you to pay cash for the costumes but selling them for less (2.99 each). This system is really to capture people with lots of money and no brains (or kids who get a gift card and spend it on dumb stuff) and to make people feel like the junk they grind for has real value.

They don’t just want cash up front, they want you to keep playing so that you will buy content over time…

Anyway get used to this way of doing things because clearly it works. Personally as long as I don’t have to buy it, I’m fine with it.

1 Like

I just added some videos to my For Honor youtube playlist above; check them out when you get a chance!

@FallofSeraphs76 @BigBadAndy and anyone else, care to join me for some matches tonight? Even if we’re fighting duels against each other to learn or teaming up against AI, I know I’ll be on tonight even if I’m just playing solo.

1 Like

Be patient, remember the assasins have the lowest HP pool at 120, so while it might be annoying the amount of time you have to play defense your punishes will see great payoffs. So just block, parry if you can, look for patterns.

If the PK is good they’ll use their zone attack and cancel the second hit of it, if they’re not good they’ll let it fly which is pretty much a free parry for you. I don’t know lawbreakers punishes on parry’s but you need to figure those out. I do know LB has a nice shove and great throws so position yourself to use the environment to your advantage.

I can tell you as a PK main if your blocking is decent and you know how to properly counter guard break the only way I can open you up is with my zone attack for one light hit at the cost of half my stamina bar. So if you’re patient with everything else and can parry one of my attacks I’m in trouble.

So I need to be patient then. Alright then. I’ll try it.

I have no experience playing as a Lawbringer, but I can offer some input on fighting a Peacekeeper.

You want to default to top block against Peacekeepers; a typical PK will want to use the dash forward overhead as an opener, and holding top block will deter them from going for it, cause you to block it, and give you a parry opportunity.

Once you take away that option, they will resort to side dashes and guard breaks, so be prepared to deal with those.

1 Like

I’m going to try. Assuming I can get the family needs all squared away…

@xSkeletalx Doubtful for me as Ill be practicing KI till 7;30 and then moving on to Horizon Zero Dawn , Nioh or RE7…whichever she wants me to play. lol

Are we ever going to play?

I’m free to play, but I don’t know how long I’ll be able to. I would rather do 4v4 dominion because I’m not too comfortable dueling as Conqueror and Shugoki, and I want to take a break from using my Lawbringer.

For Honor? Honestly man prob not… For Honor has been a big disappointment for me. I just dont like it as much as I wanted too. Its nothing personal against you. LOL

Im just more interested in NIOH, Horizon and my lady likes RE7 so I have to play that for her some nights.

FH just didnt make the cut!

If I didnt have to work all day Id definitely play it more! :slight_smile: We can play KI everyday if you like?

http://xboxclips.com/xSkeletalx/afcd2293-f460-422b-b150-0b959f75e4da

So…

You didn’t! LMAO

Did he rage quit?

Stop reminding me I need to play this! Gahhhh!

First, though, going to watch Dr. Strange.

Yes, I’ve had several people do that tonight. That wasn’t an unexperienced player either.

@rukizzel let me know when you get it and we’ll play; we’re long overdue for some games anyway!

Rukizzel… I’ve come to bargain.

I’ve had For Honor for a while now.

Also…

1 Like

So at first I wasn’t sure if the Champion thingy was worth 2000 steel for 3 days but I decided to try it anyways. I don’t play a lot and have actually went up 3 reps with 14 hrs left and have basically earned way more than the 2000 steel I spent so if there’s anyone else like me who wasn’t sure about it, I highly recommend it. Makes leveling up rep so easy.

2 Likes

Actually I only dash in and stab on people I know cannot parry well. Typically I assume they can so I wait to see if they throw any feints or parry’s. If the player is good at parrying holding guard at top is not a good plan as I’m not going to dash forward to attack the person instead a side guard is much better because it will block my insanely fast zone attack while allowing you to react to any other attack I use. Plus if you’re holding a side guard I’m actually less likely to use my zone attack given how much stamina it costs.

I’m actually far less concerned about the dashes and zone than simple light attack spam while switching arcs. I can’t figure out if I’m just not reacting quick enough, but it appears that my guard change is too slow; typically a light spamming PK will land several hits in a row before I manage to get my shield between us or back off successfully.

To be honest, right now I have a pretty low opinion of all three Assassin classes; they aren’t unbeatable but they really aren’t that fun to fight against. The side-dash-attacks work far too well in terms of keeping them safe, particularly in situations where any other character would be eating a punish. It feels like the only way to actually stop them doing that is to get a parry, because blocking, trading, or simply hitting an Assassin isn’t enough to keep the side attack dash from letting them escape and punish you at the same time.