Fighting EX Layer

She used to look blocky in comparison.

1 Like

Hip to waist ratio looks very much the same, the bulging muscles on her back are quite manly for someone with hips like that, though.

-sigh-

1 Like

2e0da3125c84f8743e319df253dca634

1 Like

I’m just saying that mega muscly women rarely have hips like that, her back is absolutely rippling so I’d find it hard to believe she’d have that booty, too. Then again this is one of those weird fictional body types. shrug

Butt fat tend to stick around more than anything else, and frankly everything doesn’t universally tighten up when you work a certain part of you body.

Bodybuilding bubble butt struggles r real.

1 Like

I dunno, I feel like I’ve seen some body builder women that also have substial glutes and thigh muscles. I think the lower half here might be approaching Chun Li SFV proportions, but I’ll hold off judgment until we actually get a full picture of her. Obviously, it’s not a big deal either way. Personally, I think it’s cool that they gave her such a muscular physique. She’s got a cool style, even if the outfit and look are still a little less Western-centric. I still wrestle with that idea mentally… Is it more modern, or are some people simply trying to hoist their opinions off on others?

Eh, that’s another debate for another time. I’ll just say that I think she has a cool look in spite of some of my own slight nitpicks and leave it at that. :slight_smile:

I must say that I love the character designs in this game. I dunno, maybe I just missed these characters, I’m not even sure. But I’m really happy with how this game’s coming along and hope it turns out well!

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

By cool style, I meant her outfit, hair, the back muscles, etc. I meant her physical style. By western-centric, I meant (loosely) the idea that there’s more of leaning in western video games toward making women look less like sex objects than some or even many eastern-centric developers tend toward.

So yeah, I kinda wrestle with the idea… Should Japan have to adhere to the western gaming market and make women a bit more like how they’re more commonly depicted in 2017 or is it wrong to have that expectation of other cultures that aren’t our own, even if it means seeing women depicted in a way that’s not perceived as “modern” in some ways? Is it unfair for women to constantly have to be barraged with depictions of women that they have no hope of matching from a physical standpoint?

Ya know… Stuff like that.

I’m kinda mincing my words here because I’m really trying not to turn this thread about a great looking game in to a referendum on the depictions of women in games. As far as what might be seen as objectifying, I’d look at her thick lower half, the thigh high boots with garters, the substantial bust, etc.

Again, I’m not looking to debate whether it’s okay to depict women this way in 2017 here, I was just trying to elaborate a bit. I still think that overall, she looks cool and I hope she’s fun to play as. Can’t wait for more info on this game!

1 Like

Ahh, that makes sense then. ^^

1 Like

This art style is great.

3 Likes

I missed the Christmas free pay- I’ll probably still get this game it is looking good

Do we know if this game is going to be full price? I know that’s kind of a dumb question, but indie games CAN go for less than full price at launch. I’m not sure how indie this game is though.

Guess who’s back!!!

4 Likes

I was just about to post this myself! :smiley:

And they are still not showing Blair fully… SIGH!

Edit:

Arika made an announcement:

Google Translate:

[Please]

The current official name of Cracker Jack is Jack.
Since this is related to trademarks, it is saved if you say “Jack” from now on.

So, why is the name of Jack suddenly called? w

Lol was that trailer from arika?

“WHOOOOOO!!!”

Ah I want this game in my hands!! Can’t freakin wait. :slight_smile:

This is just in, but Shadowgeist is back folks! Also, there are two new character teased in the form of silhouettes, feel free to speculate who!

1 Like

Blair looks amazing! I just wish there was a bigger version of her artwork.

5 Likes

Also:

Basically says the same as the article above, but with more artwork, such as:

1 Like